Capture the Flag! 09/24/16

Comments

• if you think of IRE as less of a "game" and more of a hobby, like collecting cars, the amount people spend becomes less unreasonable. when you consider that people have been playing here for over 10 years, and any money they spent into the game still has value the amount people spend becomes less unreasonable. 
    spread positivity
  • edited September 2016
    Kiskan said:
    I get the feeling that maybe at least 3-4 Achaeans are spending the kind of cash I've only ever heard about with that EVE online game
    Summoners War - play this game on my cell occasionally / when bored. The amount those people have spent, would pale in comparison to SW 'top' players. What's worse is it's a 'luck-based' game where you could spend 2-3000 on it and not get anything 'end-game worthwhile' (and a ton of people have done that).

• @Aerek I get it. All I was asking is I not be directly quoted for something I never actually said.
  • edited September 2016
    I think that's how we all justify our habit, yeah.  But the amounts we might be talking about here could be well beyond even the credit whore who has L3 everything (or, I guess, see Cynlael's post, too).  I don't think even guys like Tuerney spent the kind of cash we're (probably) talking about, and I feel very, very sure that guy did really well for himself.  The people we mainly used to see spending at the very, very high levels were clearly spending (way) out of their depth.  I do think we have a few people that really do have the cash now, and at the very least, aren't eating ramen for months after those purchases.

Something I wonder, is whether IRE has character price points that they consider.  As in, here's what we expect the average dude to spend (eventually) to be pretty well-kitted.  And then, here's what the extreme upper end looks like.  But there has to be some sort of cap on the actual value of items purchased at the upper end, especially for one-offs and limited availability stuff.  Diminishing returns in a big way.  And you have to actively choose where that upper price tag will be, too, I think, where everything else is of negligible value (and yet, ideally, you of course do want people to continue spending).  I do think it definitely happens to some degree.  Not sure how fine-grained or fully fleshed out it is, though.  
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Daeir said:
    I'd like to kindly interject:

What the fuck does any of this have to do with the CTF?
    Zulah and his obscene spending habits are relevant to everything, obviously.
    Huh. Neat.
  • To be fair, a few credits came from winning gold at roulette, buying out credit market and spinning.
  • And lucky wins at the races.
  • All those credits gave Ashtan 60 points in the CTF.
  • @Rangor 60 points of awesome.

But no, I wasn't around for it, and looking through the city log it seems most of our combatants weren't either. Sucks for us, but glad most people had fun...  and good job Eleusis!

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Zulah said:
    Aerek said:
    Probably from the several posts you've put up humble-bragging about your 2000+ Wheel spins. He's just doing the math on 2000*25* whatever avg price per credit he paid for his own bulk orders. Don't act so surprised; when you make it a point to flash your cash, people are going to speculate on how much cash you flashed.
    Easy there. I'm just saying I never "claimed to drop 7k to anyone" The wheel spin talk was because people wanted numbers for averages. Not trying to brag I spun the wheel and got a thousand crooks.

I've already recieved plenty of hate over spending cash in achaea for whatever reason so I don't discuss how much. I also stopped talking about wins and such it's not worth the trouble.

Assume what you want. Just don't quote me as saying something I didn't
    I could care less what you do with your money. You stated multiple times in the TMC (clan) that you spent 7,000 dollars this month. First it was 4,000. Then later that week it jumped up to 7,000. You said it MULTIPLE times in TMC, that is why it was so hard to miss. Once again I don't care what you do with your money nor how many spins you have done, good for you and I wish you luck. But I didn't quote you as saying something you didn't, I told the truth from your mouth (text). Plus there is no reason to lie about this petty affair. CTF is over and hopefully the Achaean staff has conducted a lessons learned and moved on.
  • I mean.  If @Zulah is gonna be peoples sugar daddy, sign me up fam.
  • Tbh $7000 USD is a lot of money but from what I've seen some people do (link), it's actually not "a lot" 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Such a disappointment to me to see Ashtan score 60 points in a ctf. Gone are the days when Ashtan could field a ctf force designed to take on at least two cities at the same time.
  • Skarash said:
    Such a disappointment to me to see Ashtan score 60 points in a ctf. Gone are the days when Ashtan could field a ctf force designed to take on at least two cities at the same time.
    I remember trying to take down one of three Hills and all of them being equally well defended. Enter area and either you hit the ashura insta choke death, owarlock cata insta death staff casts or occie meteor warp squad..  those groups took on every city. :p
  • Rangor said:
    Skarash said:
    Such a disappointment to me to see Ashtan score 60 points in a ctf. Gone are the days when Ashtan could field a ctf force designed to take on at least two cities at the same time.
    I remember trying to take down one of three Hills and all of them being equally well defended. Enter area and either you hit the ashura insta choke death, owarlock cata insta death staff casts or occie meteor warp squad..  those groups took on every city. :p

well yeah but the idea was to take on two - it just happened to work better then expected - a lot better
  • Skarash said:
    Meh. We'll have a stronger showing next time. This CTF blindsided us pretty hard 'cause we didn't start preparing for it until less than a day before, and none of our seasoned combatants aside from @Jinsun were able to make it. I mean, I was out there, so we were obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel. Hopefully the next one will be after serenade so that there'll be more of us around.
  • Reiloch said:
    Skarash said:
    Meh. We'll have a stronger showing next time. This CTF blindsided us pretty hard 'cause we didn't start preparing for it until less than a day before, and none of our seasoned combatants aside from @Jinsun were able to make it. I mean, I was out there, so we were obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel. Hopefully the next one will be after serenade so that there'll be more of us around.
    Sucks because ctfs can't last like ... 12 hours to give everyone enough time to play... And then people like me would still be at work :/

• Go vols?
  • KezKez
    edited September 2016
    Imagine a 12-hour ctf :anguished:
    Or a weekend ctf.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    How else am I supposed to get 10 flags?
  • 12 hour ctf, each player can only participate in pk or flag stuff for 2 of those 12 hours. Cray cray

• Suicide rates due to lag would skyrocket, cops'd have to shut Achaea down :( 
  • Jhui said:
    Go vols?

I hope that win over UF was worth it!! (jk smack those gators around, we'll give em what for on thanksgiving weekend too)
  • Reiloch said:
    Skarash said:
    Meh. We'll have a stronger showing next time. This CTF blindsided us pretty hard 'cause we didn't start preparing for it until less than a day before, and none of our seasoned combatants aside from @Jinsun were able to make it. I mean, I was out there, so we were obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel. Hopefully the next one will be after serenade so that there'll be more of us around
    ctf was announced at the beginning of the month - shouldn't have blind-sided anybody
  • It was UT Florida game I know Jhui and I would not be giving a full effort if it were given ten years notice. Only reason I was even here was we were watching the game at home
  • Skarash said:
    ctf was announced at the beginning of the month - shouldn't have blind-sided anybody
    Yeah, you're right, it totally shouldn't have.
  • LOL We were ganking at the caves because we only had 4 people until Gamon showed up towards the end to make it five. We had like no leaders and it was my first time in a CTF in any game. I was just doing what I could with the others.  :persevere:
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Lack of people doesn't make it less lame.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melane said:
    LOL We were ganking at the caves because we only had 4 people until Gamon showed up towards the end to make it five. We had like no leaders and it was my first time in a CTF in any game. I was just doing what I could with the others.  :persevere:
    @Jinsun @Melane : If this was 2012 or 2013 and you had told me this would happen, I don't think I could have believed you. Ashtan used to be able to take on everybody at the same time... I remember that one Tanris-with-19-minions bum rush pretty well.