Ironbeard!

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Das got one earlier during the raid and said it was 60k gold.

I was jelly!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • IndabaIndaba Washington, USA
    53k for me!
  • Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    It has 2 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 22 pounds.
    A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
    12131 gold sovereigns.
  • I'm beginning to wonder how Ironbeard chooses who he's going to deliver to. All I know is whats in that song. Most people I've asked about it say it's random. When you think about it though theres maybe 100+ people in realms at a time, right? Even if it is random it's not a very long list. I was around for a while last Serenade, and I've been around for a while this one too, and still no visits from Ironbeard. So now I'm wondering if ones level of activity in the realms (hunting, emoting, talking, whatever) effects how and when he will visit...
  • Pretty sure it's random. Those of us who haven't been visited yet are just unlucky, or aren't around enough. 

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• What is a lifestone?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • According to Tecton, "There are no favourites, there is just a pretty strict list of criteria for him to visit you. If you're playing the game normally, you've got as good of a chance as anyone else. If you're not, there's a good chance you'll be looked over!"
    Playing the game "normally"?

What does that even mean? :-/
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I've been hunting on Meropis for hours on end the past few days, and nothing. So unless he only visits on the mainland, I doubt balance has much to do with it.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Or it's random and nothing will guarantee a visit except for being the only player logged in.
  • Yeah, he's visited me 3 times so far.
  • Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric 
    of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully 
    applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a 
    tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by 
    shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, 
    ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    "lifestone32055"                        a cerulean lifestone
    "lifestone36549"                        a cerulean lifestone
    "lifestone36688"                        a cerulean lifestone
    "lifestone36719"                        a cerulean lifestone

• Cahin said:
    Melodie said:
    Playing the game "normally"? What does that even mean? :-/
    Not just idling for long periods of time.  I think it actually favors balance and equilibrium use, but I'm not sure what else.  I could be entirely wrong, just going off of observation. Try DOR WRITHE for 2 hours in your houses.
    Probably not. I've only been visited once.
  • A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
    "peridot vial136847"                    a peridot vial

Nice!
    Phaestus, the Smith says, "I think My raid backfired. Now I'm the one getting raided."

(Leaders): Lathis says, "Just make sure Sabiru doesn't get charged with anything <3."
    (Leaders): Sabiru says, "<3."

• Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric 
    of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully 
    applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a 
    tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by 
    shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, 
    "lifestone278484"                       a cerulean lifestone
    "lifestone278660"                       a cerulean lifestone
    "lifestone279734"                       a cerulean lifestone
    "lifestone280921"                       a cerulean lifestone
    "lifestone280951"                       a cerulean lifestone
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• 2 visits. 40K and 5K with some vials.
  • Apparently I haven't played the game properly for years now.
  • A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
    28120 gold sovereigns.

• edited December 2012
    Stygian Crossroads.

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the
    undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard
    the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.
    "Far better to give than to receive!" Ironbeard the Magnanimous declares,
    smiling, giftbag in hand. "For you, Asmodron, and none other. No, really!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a giftbag!

You say to Ironbeard the Magnanimous with an Arcadian accent, "Out!"

You give Ironbeard the Magnanimous the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

With a sudden look of concentration, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smiles a crooked
    smile, rubs his ample stomach, and fades to nothingness, followed by the sound
    of a distant belch.

You tell Ironbeard the Magnanimous, "Thanks though!"

probe giftbag
    Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal
    to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement
    with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face
    of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square
    iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior
    concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material
    forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    10366 gold sovereigns.

eh could have been worse. ty ^.^

• The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.A broad smile breaks across the face of Ironbeard the Magnanimous as he declares, "Why so sour, Kakotas?" He guffaws heartily, then hiccups. "Here's a little something to take that scowl from your
    face."Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a giftbag!

Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric
    "pocketbelt250076"                      a pocketbelt

The pocketbelt is made out of brown canvas and contains six pouches, seemingly to better organise
    one's smaller possessions, though upon closer examination the pouches seem to magically expand to
    hold specific larger items, too, and make them feel seemingly weightless. It looks as if it would
    fit around the largest waist, even heavily clothed, and has a pull-knot made of leather to tighten
    it.
    It has 10 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    A pocketbelt is holding:
    14 yellow ink
    60 blue ink
    44 iron
    44 red ink
    52 red ink
    16 blue ink

(Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • - 2012/12/23 17:33:15 - Trey says, "Gods but I hate that damned dwarf." 
    - 2012/12/23 17:33:24 - Fendo says, "Hm?" 
    - 2012/12/23 17:33:30 - Zinka says, "Ooh, hi Fendo." 
    - 2012/12/23 17:33:46 - Trey says, "I'm in the hidden chamber in our  
    nigh-impenetrable Spire that you get killed if you try to enter it wrong." 
    - 2012/12/23 17:33:56 - Trey says, "And I'm alone, the only Maldaathi  
    in-realms." 
    - 2012/12/23 17:34:13 - Trey says, "And all of a sudden PRESENTS! BECAUSE IT'S A 
    SPECIAL TIME, A SPECIAL CELEBRATION, TREY!!!" 
    - 2012/12/23 17:34:19 - Fendo says, "Haha." 
    - 2012/12/23 17:34:20 - Trey says, "Near jumped out of my damned skin."  

• @Trey I posted a cartoon of a similar experience last year. Freaked me out so much.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Evans and I watched him gift somebody yesterday. The funniest part was the person he was gifting was.....

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a 
    Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile 
    about himself as he arrives.

"By Phaestus's beard!" Ironbeard the Magnanimous declares, his eyes widening, "It's Alazne! Here, I 
    have something for you."

"Oooooooooh!" Evans says to Alazne, eyes wide with wonder.

Alazne murmurs softly, deep within Sleep's embrace.

With a sudden look of concentration, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smiles a crooked smile, rubs his 
    ample stomach, and fades to nothingness, followed by the sound of a distant belch.

The body of Viridi Alazne Anemides-Dreamweave, Blade of Harmony appears in a flash and her soul 
    descends to fill it, causing the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    43181 gold sovereigns.
  • First one: 
    Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    22583 gold sovereigns.

Second one: 
    Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    bowXXXXXX           a Velocity bow

:)

• Only got one so far, but I'm confident that my second one will hold Chenubian Wings or a Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery.
    I see the green jealously monster coming, just around the river bend...
  • @Aeolithon is trolling right? RIGHT? :(:(