Ask Your Producers: September 2016

Comments

• Datrius said:
    Hmmmm true. I didn't think I needed to take that into account...time to think more. Though this is all for an assignment and will never actually happen.
    Image result for come at me bro
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Bro, if @Aegis actually let me coordinate a fully denizen manned attack like this on Targossas, that would be epic.
  • Datrius said:
    Bro, if @Aegis actually let me coordinate a fully denizen manned attack like this on Targossas, that would be epic.
    Lemme get my hands on a few sips of lucky and I'll meet you at the gates :D
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• A wonkish question about WALK TO. (Dangerous, since I know just enough to think I know what I'm talking about.)

How does WALK TO choose a route to a given landmark/denizen? It would seem to require some algorithm (say, a breadth-first search) for solving the shortest-path problem; is it recomputing this algorithm every single time someone uses WALK TO?

I'm also curious how WALK TO finds whether you're within 100 rooms of your goal, but I guess this is a consequence of said algorithm.
  • Is the code behind battle figurines simple enough to implement a player design system?

Do you have a structured design template for each class to help you ensure they follow a certain theme? (And is that something we can see?)

Why does the furnishing sample mechanic feel like I'm catching pokemon?
  • Mindshell said:
    Is the code behind battle figurines simple enough to implement a player design system?

Do you have a structured design template for each class to help you ensure they follow a certain theme? (And is that something we can see?)

Why does the furnishing sample mechanic feel like I'm catching pokemon?

1. Its pretty flexible. Anything is possible down the line!

2. Nope, no template. We generally come up with a theme, then skills, then just go from there.

3: Ask @Cellorran.

• In terms of people logging in at similar time zones, comparable populations/relative strength, and an overall impression of skill (I know that's hard to judge!), which two factions d'you think would yield the most even-matched and enjoyable conflict, at the moment?

Also, is there any chance at all that Orders could get theme-based deathsights for certain skills? (Vivisect for Sartan, Enlighten for Babel, Damnation for Aurora/Deucalion, Fulmination for Artemis, Heartseed for Gaia, and so on?) It'd be so cool, just say maybe. Keep the dream alive. For me? :(
  • Armali said:
    When are the bubbles of the bubble pipe going to come back?
    Fixed!(I hope)
  • Do you guys watch 1v1 or group fights as they happen and talk about the win/loss and why?

If you do, who is your favorite person/team to watch?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Zenui said:
    A wonkish question about WALK TO. (Dangerous, since I know just enough to think I know what I'm talking about.)

How does WALK TO choose a route to a given landmark/denizen? It would seem to require some algorithm (say, a breadth-first search) for solving the shortest-path problem; is it recomputing this algorithm every single time someone uses WALK TO?

I'm also curious how WALK TO finds whether you're within 100 rooms of your goal, but I guess this is a consequence of said algorithm.

Its a fairly standard pathfinding algorithm with some specific optimisations we're able to do based on the search space. Yeah, the distance is just a path length limitation for the search.

It is computed on every attempt, hence the various cooldowns/distance limitations on pathfinding.

• @Atalkez We like to pop in when a raid is going down and the tank is charging, but we generally leave cursing you all for not taking it to amazing level 2 or level 3 extremes.
  • Makarios said:
    Aralaya said:
    @Nicola @Makarios

Very important question for the future of achaea.

Do you put pineapples on your pizza?

What black magic is this. No, no, a thousand times no.

Are you ever going to add a "dislike" or a "hell no" button to these forums so that I can give monstrous opinions like this one the reaction that they deserve?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I care.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Nicola said:
    @Atalkez We like to pop in when a raid is going down and the tank is charging, but we generally leave cursing you all for not taking it to amazing level 2 or level 3 extremes.
    I get dizzy when off my ship too long. 

How are you feeling with how the changes to Seafaring have been going?

I think its a lot more accessible (less lessons required) now for novices to get a basic proficiency in the skillset which hopefully will keep Lady @Aurora and Lord @Deucalion from zapping me for recruiting.
  • @Gaia
    No threads for minions. Minions don't get Skittles!

@Nazihk
    I don't believe we will be bringing back the various negative reactions.

@Greys
    I'm very happy with the changes to Seafaring.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Nicola said:
    @Gaia
    No threads for minions. Minions don't get Skittles!

@Nazihk
    I don't believe we will be bringing back the various negative reactions.

@Greys
    I'm very happy with the changes to Seafaring.
    Could we just bring back the neutral or positive ones at least? Don't have to have a dislike, but man I miss my lols and other things. Promise we'll behave. Pretty please?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Daeir We strive to add what works with Achaea's legacy systems whilst also keeping a weather eye on latency and workload.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Gaia said:
    Why does nobody care about what colour skittles we like? :cry:
    Because Green, obviously. But... Old Green Lime, or New Green Apple? 
  • Daeir said:
    @Nicola @Makarios Is there any hope for having some development time pointed towards little immersion-enhancing features in the near future? Stuff like this shamelessly self-plugged idea of mine and things like importing the coloured emote-says from Aetolia into Achaea? The game's made absolute leaps and bounds in mechanical "fullness" in recent years and it'd be great to see some of that focus pointed towards some quality-of-life improvements for general RP as well.

Would love to put some development time towards this kind of stuff. Probably not reallistic over the next couple of months, but after that we'll actually have as close to a clean slate as we're going to reallistically get, so after then its very possible!

• @Nicola @Makarios which minion is your favourite and why? 

PS tell us then, where did @Aurora get those skittles?!?
  • Gaia said:
    @Nicola @Makarios When will we mere minions get our own thread? We want to be asked stuff too! 

Why does nobody care about what colour skittles we like? :cry:

Because the colour is irrelevant. The true question is sweet or sour.

Choose wisely.

• Look, everybody knows the Skittle hierarchy. You don't even have to ask about it.

Red is better than purple is better than orange is better than yellow and throw away the green ones because they are horrid.
  • I think Mak is a sour skittles guy. Only true devs would be able to sustain themselves on the tartness, as tangy and unforgiving as the code they write
  • The real question is....

Tacos or Burritos?

• @Datrius
    Neither, I prefer enchiladas and fajitas.
    • Have you ever ate Flaming Hot Cheetos with chopsticks?
    • Favorite food?
    • Favorite country to vacation in?
    • Years you have been involved as a player/admin in IRE games?
    • What other games do you play in your free time?
    • How many volunteer Immortals do you currently have?
    • What is the fastest someone has gone from levels 1-99?
  • Nicola said:
    @Datrius
    Neither, I prefer enchiladas and fajitas.
    I have my eye on you, troublemaker.
This discussion has been closed.