Ask Your Producers: September 2016

Comments

• Any chance of that rumoured Jester flavour rewrite coming to pass?
  • @Calira There's definitely a chance, likely not in the immediate future.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    ... What happened to "cherished and protected at all costs"??
  • @Krypton We'd make them funnier!
  • Nicola said:
    @Krypton We'd make them funner!
    FTFY

• When the Garden are creating/designing minipets, mounts and so on, are there very specific guidelines you follow in terms of things like overall level and how it corresponds to rankings (war horse, legendary, etc.), whether it can fly or not (e.g. the minipet winged lizards can fly, but the minipet snowy owl can't), and so on? Or is it a more fluid process that involves a bit of "eyeballing" in the creation?

And who usually designs new mounts or comes up with ideas for new mounts? Is there someone (or multiple someones) in the Garden who likes doing that sort of creature creation in particular?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Also, what's your favourite battle figurine?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• @Sarathai Certain things are the same for minipets and mounts, there is some eyeballing but we aim for consistency.

Ideasing is a bit of a group effort when we have the time for it to be so, otherwise it's whoever has free hands/the time to get the work done. No one is exempt!
  • @Sarathai For vindictiveness I love the Enheduanna and Han-Silnar battle figurines. I do think the Taraus one is the most perfect.
  • @Nicola @Makarios

Very important question for the future of achaea.

Do you put pineapples on your pizza?

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Nicola said:
    @Zulah you're top of the list.

Does that come with a special full honors line?

He was First amongst Gambling addictions in the Great Wheel Spins of 723.

• @Zulah not at this time!
  • It's time for these producers to get some sleep. Keep posting your questions, we'll catch them all up in the morning!
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Aralaya said:
    @Nicola

Do you put pineapples on your pizza?
    Nicola said:
    @Aralaya Always.
    I'm going Darkwalker.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Current Dragon Colour Numbers (Including total number of Elder Dragons, if possible) and Class spread numbers? Please and thank you.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    @Makarios favorite pokemon?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Are one of you lovely people going to make my week one of these days, or will I get to celebrate my third anniversary with idea 49?
    Huh. Neat.
  • When are the bubbles of the bubble pipe going to come back?
  • As a follow-up to Jinsun's inquiry, mind if I ask why we can't sell drugs in our House estates? Because the Vanguard aren't the only Ashtani House intensely interested in this. The Savants want to get our Hounds of Tindalos on. :grin:
  • Armali said:
    When are the bubbles of the bubble pipe going to come back?
    Forreal, this is urgent.
  • How does the coding team balance/prioritise bug fixes vs improving/finishing existing released systems vs developing new systems?
  • @Datrius Too variable to tell with elder dragon. Makarios can probably get you a snapshot of today sometime later. Class spread numbers were put up a week or so ago, if I recall correctly.

@Ahmet Unlikely.

@Armali I was unaware that they'd gone. I'll take a look today and see what I can do.

@Reiloch Drug use, when a niche concept, is edgy and adds a layer of interesting desperation to characters (short supply enhances this further.) Giving you all whatever substances you like just makes it the norm and then it is commonplace and barely used. Kortoxian and short supply of various nefarious substances support the former aspect, giving you all gleam or bliss creates the latter.

@Antonius There is something of a schedule, but this is incredibly flexible dependent on the timeframe within which new projects/existing systems are needed. (The RP and coding team often work together to create a schedule by which everything must be done so fun things can happen.)

• Kenway said:
    @Makarios favorite pokemon?

Probably Magma.
  • Antonius said:
    How does the coding team balance/prioritise bug fixes vs improving/finishing existing released systems vs developing new systems?

This comes down to a variety of things. The key things are probably deadlines and bug severety. Everyone tries to get bugs down in their free time between projects, and we have dedicated bug fixing days.
  • @Makarios @Nicola Just for laughs, what do you guys think of my traditional siege warfare strategy for attacking Targossas?
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/f82c9b44
  • @Datrius
    At a glance, while I appreciate the enthusiasm, you have not accounted for the utter hatred and racism that goes on between the denizen factions. Asking for Riparium, Ulangi, and the Atavians to muster in one cohesive force to take down a city none of them care a whit about is beyond optimistic.
  • Hmmmm true. I didn't think I needed to take that into account...time to think more. Though this is all for an assignment and will never actually happen.
This discussion has been closed.