Classlead reports september 2016

Comments

• I agree that the direction of the blademaster change was rather disappointing, myself. While there were clearly problems, the ability to actually use twoarts+striking for more then just pommelstrike shenanigans made the class far more interesting in my book, and I'd rather have seen the problematic strategies (para+hypo and 1s para, for instance) addressed rather then have the whole thing nerfed.
  • Yeah doesn't. Venom only hits if 1 barrier is up. 

• You close your eyes and focus upon a book titled "Moonie's Riddle" by Neville 
    "Moonie" Carnivalis, reaching out with your aura to seek out the karmic vestiges 
    sequestered within its depths.

As you absorb the karmic energies from a book titled "Moonie's Riddle" by 
    Neville "Moonie" Carnivalis, its multi-coloured light dims slightly. Sudden 
    understanding of the nature of the universe comes to you, the ramifications of 
    which raise the hairs on the back of your neck and send a shiver through your 
    body.
    Your soul's karma stands at 86%.

body.
    Your soul's karma stands at 88%.

body.
    Your soul's karma stands at 90%.

Having been completely divested of its karmic energies, a book titled "Moonie's 
    Riddle" by Neville "Moonie" Carnivalis crumbles to dust in your hands.
    Your soul's karma stands at 92%.

This is an item that normally gives 10% before the trait. The amount of time it takes to -get- karma and the rng crumbling has been the biggest issue by far considering the costs for actual combat skills using karma (not pacts).

This is the -second- item I've studied since the changes, and I got 3/10 before crumbling. We've had this classlead approved for 3 changes now. 

The third item went for the normal amount.
    Fourth denizen didn't drop.
    Fifth:

You close your eyes and focus upon a book titled "Seven Rays" by Madam Bagaska, 
    reaching out with your aura to seek out the karmic vestiges sequestered within 
    its depths.

As you absorb the karmic energies from a book titled "Seven Rays" by Madam 
    Bagaska, its multi-coloured light dims slightly. Sudden understanding of the 
    nature of the universe comes to you, the ramifications of which raise the hairs 
    on the back of your neck and send a shiver through your body.
    Your soul's karma stands at 80%.

Having been completely divested of its karmic energies, a book titled "Seven 
    Rays" by Madam Bagaska crumbles to dust in your hands.
    Your soul's karma stands at 82%.

that's 2/5 ticks

for number 6

You close your eyes and focus upon the Jaguar Book of Shadows, reaching out with 
    your aura to seek out the karmic vestiges sequestered within its depths.

As you absorb the karmic energies from the Jaguar Book of Shadows, its multi-
    coloured light dims slightly. Sudden understanding of the nature of the universe 
    comes to you, the ramifications of which raise the hairs on the back of your 
    neck and send a shiver through your body.
    Your soul's karma stands at 84%.

coloured light dims slightly. Sudden understanding of the nature of the universe 
    Your soul's karma stands at 86%.

Your soul's karma stands at 88%.

Having been completely divested of its karmic energies, the Jaguar Book of 
    Shadows crumbles to dust in your hands.
    Your soul's karma stands at 90%.

4/10 ticks.

Not really happy with this at all.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I will miss the brutal affliction/hindrance machine Blademaster became there for a moment, but I think the changes are OK. BM is so strong in a prep sense that I really didn't feel it needed strong hindrance except against a select few classes that could overwhelm it given its total lack of it, but those classes are mostly classes affected by clumsiness, so the clum/para combo will still help cover that gap. (If we could only get Alchemist hindered by clumsiness; I forgot to ask)

Honestly, the extent to which I could just shut people down with para/hypo/clum, while prepping limbs at lightning speed, with one of the most assured finishers, (unless you run on every ImpSlash, which essentially means you don't fight me) ...I felt pretty bad about it. (Not to mention the Infuse/delayed Neck shenanigans) I didn't even scratch the surface of lock strats, either. As it was, BM was probably a better locker than some of the lock-based classes. I am okay with BM not being awesome at everything. It's already pretty good at what it needs to do.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Mannnnn remember when voidfist first came out?
  • Makarios said:
    Vividly.
    Bruh Karma.
  • Alas poor aff BM, you died too young.
  • good riddance
  • Fair enough, Mak!

I still think some work can be done on the fists and storms. Will think on it!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Omg i truly hope blademaster gets some raid flare, as the report said. I might start playing it a bit more then.

(though i still secretly wish blademaster was remade to be as sexy as bleach shingami)

• edited September 2016
    now that dstab is affected by clumsiness, I can see alchemist truewrack (but not singlewrack) being affected by clumsiness as well for future classlead ideas. this would help those fighting an alchemist stay in the room.
    spread positivity
  • everyone getting so clumsy these days
  • I classleaded that last round, it was shot down. Not sure what the plan for Alchemist is, but that doesn't seem to be in the books (or wasn't, at least, last classleads). 
  • also after reading about the concerns for dstab venom1 venom 2, i think it would be nice if you could jab target curare prefarar even though jab is a single attack. that way a bard could wipe//jab target curare prefarar, deliver prefarar and have curare on the rapier for riposte and heartsfury. this is a concern because the limits of the queue.
    spread positivity
  • Any reason you can't just envenom two extra doses of curare in each alias? That way, when you jab, you wipe first, so you're getting the venoms you want, and keep curare on for the off-balance stuff. 

Though I guess, apart from having to code it in, there's no reason you couldn't set a venom to deliver on ripostes or whatever. 
  • I asked another bard that and they said they wanted to be EFFICIENT.

But yeah, I don't know.
  • well you can't wipe off-balance and if you're triggering of riposte and heartsfury ideally you would want to input it twice if you have stupidity and wiping/jab target venom/envenom rapier with curare x 2 is wasting venoms and taking up queue slots that I could be using for other things
    spread positivity
  • edited September 2016
    Since venoms are FILO, you can envenom what you want to hit with Heartsfury first (curare, probably) and then just use in-line envenoming normally. That and a trigger to re-envenom curare whenever Heartsfury or Riposte activated served me just fine.
  • edited September 2016
    Shouldn't be a big deal now that you can combine actions with command separator and can use queueing, but yeah, I guess I don't know, either. 
  • Vender said:
    well you can't wipe off-balance and if you're triggering of riposte and heartsfury ideally you would want to input it twice if you have stupidity and wiping/jab target venom/envenom rapier with curare x 2 is wasting venoms and taking up queue slots that I could be using for other things

I'm not sure if you realize just how many things you can queue between being able to queue something like five "sets" of actions at once, and being able to command separate a bunch of commands in each set. It should be pretty easy to just envenom rapier with whatever in the queue prior to the jab target <venom>.
  • You can queue aliases, and I've not yet hit a limit on how many commands you can stack in one of those. Queue limitations are not a concern for anything if you don't queue every individual action separately.
  • Antonius said:
    You can queue aliases, and I've not yet hit a limit on how many commands you can stack in one of those. Queue limitations are not a concern for anything if you don't queue every individual action separately.
    How do you queue aliases?
  • To be clear, I mean in-game aliases. You also can't use the queueing command separator and an in-game alias in the same index of the queue.

SETALIAS myalias <commands>. QUEUE ADD <queue> myalias.

Commands in aliases are (can be? Not sure if both work) separated with / regardless of your configured command separator.
  • edited November 2016

I know most people are busy playing with Depthswalker, but I figured I'd do a bit of testing on Undercut for anybody who is still Dual Cutting. The limb damage with a level 3 battleaxe isn't even equal to half a doubleslash with level 3 scimitars, so you'd want to at least prep within a single hit (using razeslash, if they break in an even number of hits). Balance time looks to be about 1.7-1.8 seconds if it breaks the leg, and around 2.8 if it doesn't. It can miss due to clumsiness, so I guess the only upside is that when that happens it does zero limb damage (though you still take the long balance loss), so you've not wasted prep without proning. Damage seems to be roughly equal to a full doubleslash.

Here's what it looks like (second line is only there when it breaks the leg):

You swing a burnished steel battleaxe with an ivory haft at the right leg of Shunsui with all your might.
    As your blow cuts deeply into the leg of Shunsui, you drive savagely forward, taking him clean off his feet.

• So attempts to make battleaxes relevant again are a fail.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    So attempts to make battleaxes relevant again are a fail.
    No, not at all. It solves the issue of missing a hit on your proning break, and is faster than even a level 3 artied dsl. Extremely useful.

• Does it apply a venom also?
  • No. You would normally be using delph so you don't lose anything there.