The Itinerant Bazaar

Comments

• Garis said:
    Meh, I stock up a bit.. but never sell the stuff. I make sure Kaiu gets what she wants, I pick up 1 or 2 things for myself, and anything extra I just give away to people I think would like it.
    Can confirm. @Garis just handed me a scabbard when I missed out! And since someone else sold me one at cost they got me I forwarded it to @Exxia who missed out on one. The few good people make up for the profiteers

• Krypton said:
    Tydas said:
    Basically, the grammar becomes correct when you draw the weapon out of it. Very uncool.
    Typo it?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be

Scintillating colours mix and swirl in a shifting palette of light cast by the crystalline tented candle.

Not sure if typo or over my head.
    Huh. Neat.
  • What are you thinking is a typo? If you mean "tented", it's referring to the crystal shade covering the candle. Although it's not quite correct, since the candle itself isn't crystalline (I don't think "crystalline-tented" works well either, maybe "crystal-tented"). Although "candle" could reasonably refer to the entire object, including the shade/jar and not just the wax candle inside.

I'm too distracted to properly think about the grammar of it right now.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited September 2016
    EDIT: Nope that wouldn't work either.

And yeah, it just seems really awkwardly worded.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    It's fine.

"Crystalline, tented candle" would be wrong, but no comma, though ambiguous, allows you to infer from context that the tent is crystalline.
  • Painting number 3:

Mounted in a smooth diorite frame, this ink painting accurately portrays the momentous contention of 
    Severian Marcella in the legendary debate. Held within the Theatron Sarapin, the grooved surface of 
    the canvas imbues the richness of the pigments used to enhance the scene. Cairn stones of varying 
    sizes are worn smooth by the elements and jut out from the earth, forming a natural amphitheatre 
    upon the hillside situated near ancient Shallam. Severian dominates the grassy platform within the 
    ring of boulders, heaping criticisms upon Nikolas' idealistic points with every forceful jab of his 
    outstretched finger. The wry voice of reason, the face of the youthful man is contorted into an 
    expression of utter concentration as he engages himself in the fierce dispute.
    It has 125 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 9 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Lindire, the woodcarver (a denizen).

Mounted in a smooth diorite frame, this ink painting accurately portrays the canonical interpretion 
    of Nikolas' legendary debate. Held within the Theatron Sarapin, the grooved surface of the canvas 
    imbues the richness of the pigments used to enhance the scene. Cairn stones of varying sizes are 
    worn smooth by the elements and jut out from the earth, forming a natural amphitheatre upon the 
    hillside situated near ancient Shallam. Nikolas stands alone upon a grassy platform, passionately 
    addressing an assemblage of diverse groups ranging from farmers to wanderers, rootless warriors to 
    disinherited sons. Confidence and determination shines from the face of the man as he skillfully 
    presents his points to the masses, blissfully unaware of the great future that is laid out before 
    him.
    It has 125 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 9 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Lindire, the woodcarver (a denizen).
  • edited September 2016
    Also, Quean'a snuck in a drink! I would use quotes, but it's impossible to copy-paste with quotes on this site...

a daemon blood shot
    This shot glass looks to be larger than a standard shot, and formed of rough onyx-like stone. A 
    number of crude runes and symbols cover the outside of the glass. Its contents, a deep emerald hue, 
    bubble and steam, while giving off a strangely sweet and alluring fragrance.
    It has 100 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 2 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Quaen'a (a denizen).
    An unusual liquid sloshes about in it.
    There are 1 sips remaining.

You quickly slam a daemon blood shot, and a sharp taste of brimstone and strawberry assaults your tastebuds.

As you savour the last vestiges of the shot, your vision blurs red, and you notice your surroundings have changed...

The stench of burned flesh, and the sound of anguished screams erupt all around you.

As you look around, you come to the realisation that you are now standing in what seems to be the Inferno.

As the first hints of horror begin to creep up your spine, a hot, putrid breath can be felt on your neck.

Slowly turning around, you gaze up and lock eyes with a huge daemon lord.

With a wicked smile, he swings a massive clawed hand towards you...

Clenching your eyes shut, you wait for death to take you...

After what seems to be an eternity, you open one eye slightly, expecting the daemons to be upon you, only to find that things are as they were before.

Apparently, the drinker looks like this to the room:

Tydas's eyes flash red momentarily, and a look of abstract horror crosses his face.Tydas quickly drops the empty shot glass, causing it to shatter, and ducks as if he is dodging something.
  • These items were really neat! I'm super bummed I was in the hospital and missed all 3 bazaars though. 
  • Nataliia said:
    These items were really neat! I'm super bummed I was in the hospital and missed all 3 bazaars though. 
    pretty sure you can ask melodie or someone for a few of the items. buying extras is common
  • Yeah, but everyone inflates the prices like crazy... like selling all 3 paintings for 500cr. That's insane. :/
  • If you ask around most people will have an item or two they'll give away because they aren't jerks.
  • I know if you approach Zulah in game he has a few items he picked up for people who want them.
  • Nataliia said:
    Yeah, but everyone inflates the prices like crazy... like selling all 3 paintings for 500cr. That's insane. :/
    If you hit Datrius up in game, he specifically bought extras of things just to sell at cost off to people who couldn't make it.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Out of curiosity, can anything be put on the bazaar canteen other than water?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• As far as I know, it works the same as any non-vial liquid container, meaning the only options I know of are water and blood.
    Meh...

• Sena said:
    As far as I know, it works the same as any non-vial liquid container, meaning the only options I know of are water and blood.
    So edgy!
  • And I'm reminded why I came back to Achaea for my retirement baby. For every unreasonable and awful person there are so many more amazing ones. <3 I'll have to see if I can catch a couple of you ICly .
  • Anyone remember how many paintings in total there was and the short names?

• Reviving this instead of making a new thread with the exact same name.

Anyone know if the scabbard has any reacts & if the kettle & cauldron have any use other than looking pretty?
  • Anyone have a full wares list?
  • Ygia said:
    Reviving this instead of making a new thread with the exact same name.

Anyone know if the scabbard has any reacts & if the kettle & cauldron have any use other than looking pretty?
    Or the miniature cage, at that. Lots of confusing stuff at this one!
  • edited March 2020
    Cauldron update:
    It holds 200 sips of water (but no other liquid, other than maybe blood?), and 20 items, so it could make a fun kitchen decoration for storing things in (albeit with normal decay rate instead of slow decay). It's a real shame it can't be closed or opened despite having a lid in desc and in reactions. (Pushing gives 'it's too heavy', pulling gives nothing, twisting and turning makes a lid fall off... over and over, whether it's fallen off already or not. It'd be fun if twist/turn made lid fall off, then lid put back on, in that order). So I think that's the cauldron purpose - just... neat storage for water+food. And you can kiiiinda RP making soup? It's a real shame you can't use it for cooking.

Strange kettle update:
    No reacts whatsoever, it seems. Dropping it in different places didn't work either. Really perplexed on this one. As Shirszae notes below, however, it can be used for steeping.

Salty scabbard also has no reacts whatsoever. Which I think is the first time in a while a bazaar scabbard has had nothing going for it but looks, so maybe there's something more to it - something with the "M A R" inscription and the waves and sails and such.

The penny whistle can't be used as a bard whistle, which makes me pout, because it'd be absolutely /adorable/. It has three reacts on BLOWing, a mournful tune, an energetic tune, and a masterful tune.

The sapphire pot with a B on it is a remedy pot, and can be used for brewing, but not for compounding.

The fly trap satchel reacts on putting stuff in and taking it out. Seemingly three different messages, "carefully avoid", "narrowly avoid", and "almost get hit by" the faux teeth. Can't confirm right now because I gifted it away. There might be a fourth super low chance where you actually get bit and take bleed.

The basalt vial reacts on touch - the wave engravings shift in a lifelike manner. Unfortunately, everyone else just sees you tracing your finger over the engravings, so you might look like a silly if you excitedly go "OH IT MOVES!!". No sip react.

The brass pipe uhhh... the dying people writhe then you touch it. Unsure if puff react, I'm not trying it out.
    edited March 2020
    The kettle can be used to STEEP beverage stuff.

I've been kinda wondering if there's some quest related to the scabbard as well. The fact voyages are a thing along with the names and the waves motif gives a very strong impression of this

• The kettle can be used to steep? Ooooh, that's good information. Thank you!
  • Did not even get to see that scabbards were for sale before they got cleaned out. I really want this one though! Next go round!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    This occured to me recently, but have you tried putting your cauldron on your firepit, fireplace or stove? I traded in my fireplace and the one in New Thera doesn't work.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    that is amazing