The Itinerant Bazaar

So, latest bazaar. Forgive the formatting, copy and pasting doesn't work well with quotes, so...

Quaen'a says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
       candle149277 an iron-shaded candle                          60    1200gp
       candle201374 a crystal-shaded candle                        60    1200gp
      canteen384390 water (ostrich eggshell canteen)               50    1100gp
         vial248921 an oval shaped vial                           100     850gp
         pipe343673 an iconic shard pipe                           60     850gp
    tinderbox477003 a metallic tinderbox                          100     950gp
       scroll476952 a creamy foot-printed scroll                   49    2500gp
         bowl457507 a red and black ceramic bowl                   40    2000gp
       sheath296948 a sheath of obsidian chitin                    29    2600gp
     knapsack221984 a rolled cylindrical sack                      40    1800gp

Therine says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
       poster464512 a poster of a plump humgii                     30    3500gp
        stage335116 a miniature round stage                        36    6000gp
          doll95059 a Chaghut dancing doll                         38    3000gp
         doll440962 a Kirlundin dancing doll                       40    3000gp
         mask218272 an infectiously smiling mask                   27    2400gp
         mask239106 a contemptuously sneering mask                 27    2400gp

Lindire, the woodcarver says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
         pole221543 a crude fishing pole                           39     650gp
     painting428260 a solemn oil painting of Damen Kephry           8    7500gp
     scabbard352138 a dragonbone scabbard                          26    3500gp
      baldric352249 a kabbalist's baldric                          36    1500gp
         loop381103 an iridescent feathered beltloop               39    2750gp
        board109695 a painted diving board                         17    4500gp

Kelath, keeper of the beasts says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
       ticket151769 a black and crimson ticket for the first Iti  500   25000gp
         mare332783 an elegant Shastaan mare                        5   45000gp

Comments

• Canteen appears to just be a liquid container. Bowl seems to be just a bowl. The candles seem like they would cause room messages now and then if dropped and lit, but I can't figure out how to light one. The painting is amazing, see below, and I have no idea how the diving board works, but going to find out eventually. The scroll is simply a scroll to write on, nothing seems to be special about it so far. I rather like the look of the knapsack, personally.

Not as amazingly awesome as the last bazaar, but decent. No new scents and no leatherworker, which was kind of disappointing.

First Bazaar's painting:

Framed in a polished mahogany frame, this oil painting brings the visage of a historical personage 
    to life. Bold sweeps and swirls of colour detail an accurate portrayal of Lord Damen Kephry standing 
    before the towering gates of Imperial Seleucar, and dressed impressively in battle-worn armour. 
    Wrinkles and scars mar the stern features of the aged knight as he prepares for conflict, one 
    gauntleted hand grasping tightly upon the hilt of his unsheathed sword. Tracking the advance of an 
    unseen opponent, the piercing black gaze of the general radiates immense sadness that wars with a 
    rugged determination to serve his purpose. While the enemies of Lord Kephry are reduced to mere 
    blobs and shapes upon the gleaming surface of his blade, the engraving upon it is depicted in 
    crystalline clarity: "Save the Queen."
    It has 125 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 9 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Lindire, the woodcarver (a denizen).
  • RaemRaem Los Angeles
    Pretty disappointed my diving board will only work once I drop 30 more room credits to build a pool. But I still appreciate the novelty of it.
  • Alertness crashed me in there. :dissapointed:

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • You take an exotic marquetry journal from a rolled cylindrical sack.
    Retrieving an exotic marquetry journal from its place on the sponge of a rolled cylindrical sack, 
    you adroitly roll it up once more.

You put an exotic marquetry journal into a rolled cylindrical sack.
    Carefully placing an exotic marquetry journal on the sponge of a rolled cylindrical sack, you 
    adroitly roll it up once more.

That's neat. Was hoping for another pouch of some kind, but I rather like this.
  • Tydas said:
    Canteen appears to just be a liquid container. Bowl seems to be just a bowl. The candles seem like they would cause room messages now and then if dropped and lit, but I can't figure out how to light one. The painting is amazing, see below, and I have no idea how the diving board works, but going to find out eventually. The scroll is simply a scroll to write on, nothing seems to be special about it so far. I rather like the look of the knapsack, personally.

Not as amazingly awesome as the last bazaar, but decent. No new scents and no leatherworker, which was kind of disappointing.

First Bazaar's painting:

Framed in a polished mahogany frame, this oil painting brings the visage of a historical personage 
    to life. Bold sweeps and swirls of colour detail an accurate portrayal of Lord Damen Kephry standing 
    before the towering gates of Imperial Seleucar, and dressed impressively in battle-worn armour. 
    Wrinkles and scars mar the stern features of the aged knight as he prepares for conflict, one 
    gauntleted hand grasping tightly upon the hilt of his unsheathed sword. Tracking the advance of an 
    unseen opponent, the piercing black gaze of the general radiates immense sadness that wars with a 
    rugged determination to serve his purpose. While the enemies of Lord Kephry are reduced to mere 
    blobs and shapes upon the gleaming surface of his blade, the engraving upon it is depicted in 
    crystalline clarity: "Save the Queen."
    as a note

You brush your fingers against the surface of a solemn oil painting of Damen Kephry, watching as the 
    paint ripples and swirls to form a new face.
    13503h, 8562m, 40185e, 33645w cexkdb-
    to life. Bold sweeps and swirls of colour detail an accurate portrayal of Davis Kephry, settled upon 
    his knees within the crumbling palace ruins of Imperial Seleucar. His handsome features streaked 
    with blood and tears, the leader of the Sapient League cradles his sword in his arms like a child, 
    caught in the throes of despair. A ring of rubble and ashes stretches in all directions behind the 
    man, demonstrating the destruction and carnage he has wrought upon the Empire. Reflected in the 
    gleaming surface of Davis Kephry's blade, the rays of the red-hued sun depicts three engraved words 
    in crystalline clarity: "Bringer of Tears".

• Kinda sucks the dancing dolls won't dance without a stage. I saw and purchased it when the stages had already sold out so I had no idea. Now I just have a doll that looks cool, but stumbles about instead of doing the suggested dancing bit.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited September 2016
    Chaghut doll:

The whinny of horses fills the air as the Chaghut herder hops to its feet, taking a moment to 
    straighten its threadbare tunic.

Taking a moment to clear its throat and once more right its tunic, the doll breaks into a quick step 
    dance upon the miniature stage, bare feet smacking the floor rapidly.

The doll's step dance slows just slightly as its feet take it to one end of the stage and then the 
    other before returning to the centre.

Raising its arms up slowly, a quiet chant of praise sounds out from the doll's tiny lips, its feet 
    still pounding the stage with fervent motions.

The Chaghut doll spins around slowly, its chanting voice echoing out in all directions.

Suddenly, the doll's arms snap back to its sides and its feet slam the stage once more, holding a 
    statuesque pose for a few moments as its dance reaches its conclusion.

Its performance over, the doll takes a brief bow before collapsing lifelessly to the stage.

Kirlundin doll

The flames decorating the Kirlundin youth's arms flicker to life for a moment as it stands up, 
    stretches, and takes a bow on the miniature stage.

The Kirlundin dancing doll clasps its hands in front of it briefly, a smile spreading across its 
    features as it hops into a jaunty little dance, heels tapping on the lacquered stage.

The doll draws itself up into a quick pirouette, arms raised high to the sky as it turns and turns 
    upon the stage.

Leaping adroitly into the air, the doll skips across the stage in great bounds, twirling and 
    twisting easily between brief brushes with the floor.

Catapulting itself into the centre of the stage once more, the doll tapps its heels to the floor and 
    draws itself up tall.

Turning slowly, the doll makes a full circle around the stage before spreading its arms wide, 
    smiling broadly to its audience.
    EDIT: Spoilers are broken.
    Huh. Neat.
  • You quickly tack a poster of a plump humgii to a nearby wall.
    Plucking a tail from a poster of a plump humgii and taking a step back, you close your eyes and 
    quickly spin around in continuous circles, before coming to an unsteady stop.
    13503h, 8562m, 40155e, 33615w cexkdb-
    Dizzy and disoriented, you stagger forward and slam into a nearby wall, missing the humgii entirely.
    13503h, 8562m, 40155e, 33615w cexkdb-
                                                        -----------
                                                       |   BOOM!   |
                                                        -----------
    13503h, 8562m, 40185e, 33633w cexkdb-
    Plucking a tail from a poster of a plump humgii and taking a step back, you close your eyes and 
    Dizzy and disoriented, you stagger forward and slam into a nearby wall, missing the humgii entirely.

Beneath a sunny photograph depicting a sunset or a mountain or a beach or somesuch thing, bold words 
    proclaim the motivational message of the day.
    It has 75 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 3 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Therine (a denizen).
    Hands outstretched, you move forward and blindly attempt to pin the tail on the humgii. Finding 
    nothing before you, you open your eyes and find yourself some distance away from the creature's rump.

Unsteady upon your feet, you stumble and inadvertantly thrust the pin forward. Pain radiates from 
    your opposing hand, and you open your eyes to find the tail attached to your flesh.
    13503h, 8562m, 401

ow

but awww

• Canteen:

A tight covering of tanned canvas has been carefully affixed around this circular steel canteen, fully covering and insulating the metal. Screwing into an opening at the top of the bottle, a black stopper hangs off the canteen on a steel chain, and a woven shoulder strap is attached to either side of the canvas casing.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 4 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Quaen'a (a denizen).

Scabbard:

Smooth to the touch and without any pronounced incisions or joins, this scabbard is carved from a single pristine ivory dragon bone, burnished to a gleaming finish and glowing with myriad prismatic hues under the changing illumination. It is banded at each end with delicate gold worked into fine carvings of winged serpents coiling about the scabbard in relaxation, and the inside is lined with opalescent, shining silk. Each change in the reflection of light upon the bone causes new ripples of colour along its length, revealing designs and forming patterns that show different scenes from the history of the Greater Dragons.
    It has 96 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 2 ounce(s).
    A dragonbone scabbard is holding:
    Nothing.
    It can contain of a total of 1 items.

Mask:

This mask has been painted a wide variety of obnoxiously clashing colours. Swirling patterns of pigments converge upon the lips of this offensive piece of facial decor, lips which have been curled upward into a detestable sneer. Black feathers poke up from the top of this visage, circling the crown and offering a singular complemental hue, pairing nicely with the leather strap secured to the back of this hideous facial replica.
    It has 80 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 8 ounce(s).
    It's warmer than being naked, but not by much.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Therine (a denizen).
  • Dragonbone scabbard just got more awesome:

push scabbard
    The scenes depicted on the scabbard shift with the change in light, revealing a picture of Nishnatoba and the War of Humanity. The Aldar ride upon dragonback to save the Gods, Ashaxei and Han-Tolneth leading the charge.

pull scabbard
    The scenes depicted on the scabbard shift with the change in light, revealing a picture of Nishnatoba and the War of Humanity. The Aldar ride upon dragonback to save the Gods, Ashaxei and Han-Tolneth leading the charge.

turn scabbard
    Dragonmount soars unhindered into the skies from a misty realm below, two great fissures in the Veil 
    open upon its peak. From these rifts the white dragon Ashaxei leads the first adventurer to receive 
    the soul of a Greater Dragon, Aringar Claros, into the Parthren Gare.
  • Tydas said:
    Dragonbone scabbard just got more awesome:

<awesome stuff>
    I don't even have a sword, but I want it.

Also, that crude fishing pole is genius.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Tydas said:

<awesome stuff>

I knew I should have gotten it. What does it do?
  • Tydas said:
    Sarathai said:
    Tydas said:

<awesome stuff>

I knew I should have gotten it. What does it do?
    Apparently nothing, it's just hilarious.

"Twigs and the occasional leaf jut out at irregular points along the length of this fallen sycamore branch. Crude string is tied in a hasty knot around the stick, and a rusty, bent nail dangles from it in place of a hook to complete the fishing pole."

(Courtesy of Tahquil.)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited September 2016
    Sarathai said:
    Tydas said:

<awesome stuff>

You can still get the scabbards from the people who horded them up before others got a chance. Think the selling price is around 300k per scabbard now though. I was hoping for 2 for my dwc but at least I got 1
  • OR

You can wait until the next two bazaars roll around and get one yourself for ... peanuts in comparison.
  • These events always bring out the fight in people.
  • edited September 2016
    Second painting has three faces:

Mounted in a dark walnut frame, this watercolour painting utilises a combination of wet and dry brush techniques to depict a historical nation-state in meticulous detail. Painted with a graded wash of colours ranging in strength and texture, the ancient gates of Imperial Shallam loom into view, the massively fortified walls enclosing around the city to form a nearly impenetrable defence for the citizens beyond. Crenellated towers rise high into the heavens, manned by numerous guards that keep a vigilant watch along the ramparts. A marbled road leads further into the heart of the metropolis where domes of gold and emerald crystal glint brilliantly, casting their lustrous hues over the stony, whitewashed buildings peppering the hilly urban sprawl.

Mounted in a dark walnut frame, this watercolour painting utilises a combination of wet and dry brush techniques to depict a historical nation-state in meticulous detail. Painted with a graded wash of colours ranging in strength and texture, the pristine Imperial Complex of ancient Ashtan looms into view, towering above the sprawling city upon a rocky hilltop overlooking the Sapphire Sea. The darkened, sullen slums of Martin's Sorrow are amongst the various districts portrayed, appearing as a blight upon the busy streets of the Bastion and a stark contrast to the illustrious Parade of Zarathustra bordered by lavish manses. Innumerable black and gold banners hang proudly from the marbled roofs of these buildings, emblazoned with the arms of the royal family: a Zarathustran eagle clutching a crown in its talons.

Mounted in a dark walnut frame, this watercolour painting utilises a combination of wet and dry brush techniques to depict a historical nation-state in meticulous detail. Painted with a graded wash of colours ranging in strength and texture, the city gates of Imperial Seleucar loom into view, casting an imposing shadow over the sprawling Atrousian Jungle. The heart of the Seleucarian Empire, this great kingdom is bisected by the midnight jade waters of the gurgling Mnemosyne. A dark clot of immense mahogany trees, giant kapoks and cecropias furnish the grounds of Heroes' Park where the river passes through, and tightly encircles the dark, sepulchral entrance of King's Tomb. Embellished with crimson banners, the Castle of Twelve rises against the backdrop of an azure skyscape, dwarved only by the expansive presence of the Royal Palace. Spiralling marble towers ascend to the heavens, granting the palace inhabitants a bird's eye view of the bustling flagstone roads of the legendary city.

EDIT: fixed the horrifying formatting
  • Also, if you TOUCH one of those obsidian sheathes:

As you run your hand over a sheath of obsidian chitin, you feel an etch invisible to the naked eye: a twin-tailed scorpion with its stingers raised in a menacing, aggressive stance.
  • Huh, my sheath wasn't reacting like that earlier. 

(Obligatory that's what she said)
  • Baldric (different Qliphoth and Sephirot are shown each time):

In an uninterrupted motion, you slide a hunter's spear into a kabbalist's baldric.
    In response to the motion the Qliphoth Harab Serapel shines with an odd azure light.

A hunter's spear flies free from a kabbalist's baldric as you swiftly draw it.
    In response to the motion the Sephirot Gevurah glows with a strange ruby gleam.

---

Beltloop:

You are now wearing an iridescent feathered beltloop.
    A jolt of static surges through you, fading away into a comfortable hum.

You remove an iridescent feathered beltloop.
    The tingling sensation departs as you remove an iridescent feathered beltloop.

---

Crystal-shaded candle (candles can only be picked up by the person who dropped it):

You use a metallic tinderbox to make fire.
    Taking the crystal shade in your hand, you quickly light the wick before placing the shade back over the flame, engulfing the room in kaleidoscopic colour.

Bathing the room in an eerie crimson shade, the flame shifts to favour the crystal's red facets.

Scintillating colours mix and swirl in a shifting palette of light cast by the crystalline tented candle.

Reminiscent of gentle waters, the light shifts, immersing the room in a calming blue tone.

---

Iron-shaded candle:

You use a metallic tinderbox to make fire.
    After lifting the shade and lighting the wick, you carefully place the shade back over the flame, flooding the room with dancing shadows.

Blades crossed in a test of might, the forms of two warriors struggle to best each other, waxing and waning with the wavering flame.

Its terrible fangs and claws springing up from the shadows, a monstrous beast is silhouetted in candlelight.

• The paintings also have random room reactions if you sit for long enough. Here's what I have seen so far.

An oil painting of Damen Kephry
     - Bringing the Catarine Defender up to his torso, Lord Damen Kephry sinks down to assume the fighting stance of the Eternal Capital style.
     - A confident smirk adorns the lips of Lord Damen Kephry as he banishes sadness beneath an impassive demeanour.

An oil painting of Davis Kephry
     - Quiet sobbing echoes from an oil painting of Davis Kephry as the man brokenly cradles the Bringer of Tears in his arms, realising the imminent downfall of the Seleucarian Empire.

I haven't sat long enough for the watercolour painting of the cities yet.
  • I'm looking for both of the first two bazaar paintings if anyone has got them.

• The sheaths are better than I thought.

When empty and touched, it looks like this:
    As you run your hand over a sheath of obsidian chitin, you feel an etch invisible to the naked eye: a twin-tailed scorpion with its stingers raised in a menacing, aggressive stance.

But when it has a weapon in it:
    Beneath questing fingers you detect a near-invisible etching upon a sheath of obsidian chitin, a beautiful and finely-detailed scorpion with its twin tails at rest.

Basically, the scorpion becomes aggressive when you draw the weapon out of it. Very cool.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Tydas said:
    Basically, the grammar becomes correct when you draw the weapon out of it. Very uncool.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Trey said:
    I'm looking for both of the first two bazaar paintings if anyone has got them.
    My auction's only at 1cr :>
    Huh. Neat.
  • Daeir said:
    I kind of intensely dislike the mercantile scalping that goes on from these things, to be honest. Not sure what the appeal is in a Black Friday megacrush for higher-than-normal quality items with bundled reactions/interactions and then buying excess stock to sell to people later for higher prices.
    Not even that much later. Paintings were up on ADS while the bazaar was still going and half the other stock wasn't even sold out. Saw one sell for 100cr when the bazaar was maybe 10 minutes in. People knew going into the second round those paintings would be top dollar.

I went right for the scabbards and they were already sold out (I was there when the bazaar opened too hahah) fortunately good people hooked me up with 2 which gave me an extra to give away to someone else who couldn't make it in time
  • Yeah the bazaar is full of cool stuff but I'm beyond tired of the shit people pull there to make money. 

• Daeir said:
    I kind of intensely dislike the mercantile scalping that goes on from these things, to be honest. Not sure what the appeal is in a Black Friday megacrush for higher-than-normal quality items with bundled reactions/interactions and then buying excess stock to sell to people later for higher prices.
    I've said this for years.  If enough people get tired of it, I bet it will change.  There have been a few moves to make things a little better, but the people who like things as is are pretty vocal, and also pretty dialed in to make sure that they will (still) get most of the stock despite those baby steps.