Minipets or Major Pests

Comments

• Halos said:
    You take a skeletal kitten from a crate marked "dead animal inside".
    A crate marked "dead animal inside" crumbles to dust before your eyes.

promo tradein kitten

That may not be traded in via this method.
    Ugh, I only took them out of the crates for the tradein

eta: is there some way I can get rid of them for free? I dont want them @Makarios

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Saturation exhaustion.
  • How lewd.

• RaemRaem Los Angeles
    Zulah said:
    Aegoth said:
    So how about that coin toss?
    Apparently my luck sucks. 2000 spins and no super rare presents :-1:
    Can we all agree Zulah should pay my tuition?
  • I agree that some people have gone a bit overboard with what they have and what they bring out. That said, a lot of complaints I have heard come from people who were holding on to pets to sell at a high price and that has been destroyed with all of them being common now. So they are ticked that they didn't sell earlier. Not everything has to be snatched up and hoarded away, it has been nice to get the couple of minipets I actually wanted. Hell, was looking for the stupid chipmunk for many decades in the game.

The tradein seems like a good solution.

As for the one person that said you can't get them out of your inventory, you can but you need a house and a room upgrade to store them, its the stable under help housing upgrades. Not a perfect solution for everyone but it is an option.
  • Aerek said:
     I can't help but wonder how many Celani hours are spent in sweatshops cranking out the next pet line for the next promotion or what-not.
    I always assumed cranking out minipets (and bazaar items) was a celani promotion test
  • I could kinda go a couple of months without new things being released every 10 days. I feel like the admin seem to be slipping a bit in quality with the need to churn out quantity. No offense meant, but have a break, have a kitkat, take another week to brainstorm ideas. Maybe cut back from having to release three batches of new things each month and chill at two or one. 

Except the new class, you can release that shit whenever you want.

Also, anyone else feel like they've released the Mayasween items a month early? Shoes, rubber balls, clown vials... all creepy as hell and I refused to believe the next class is a clown class :(
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Halos said:

promo tradein kitten

eta: is there some way I can get rid of them for free? I dont want them @Makarios
    There are 2 corpses of a skeletal kitten here. 

Shattered fragments of bone lie in a pile.
    He weighs 7 ounce(s).
    He is loyal to Halos.
    You see nothing in it.

Shattered fragments of bone lie in a pile.
    He weighs 7 ounce(s).
    He is loyal to Halos.
    You see nothing in it. 
    I'm afraid that's not how it works, buddy....
  • I'm sure you can use a ice figurine to make it nonresetting

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Pssst. You can issue yourself to ask to have them removed.

Source: I've done it for two or three pets I got tired of.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Oh.    

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    Oh.    
    I don't have any...

• You can definitely use ISSUE ME to request a minipet be removed. It has to be your minipet, and you just need to include the creature's ID.
  • edited September 2016
    Making them tradein like the promo minipets at 5cr per would make sense would it not? It's not worth so much it's going to be a game changer but it gives players an instant opt out option. Saves admin time from issues as well.

The other thing I've noticed and I'm sure other have is people don't pick up their minipets after death. Hunting catacombs and there's that random fluffy bunny x6 family watching you kill a lich. Small pet death caches seem to be everywhere. It's almost like a pet store gravestone marking your last death.

• Zulah said:
    Making them tradein like the promo minipets at 5cr per would make sense would it not? It's not worth so much it's going to be a game changer but it gives players an instant opt out option. Saves admin time from issues as well
    This kind of diminishes the perceived value of the beanie babies though

• I have about twenty crates from the Death promotion, and I don't see why Zulah going absolutely nuts on this particular promotion makes the minipets from it so special that they alone get to be traded in. Kind of annoying that whether or not I can convert something useless into something with actual value (credits) is dependent on which promotion I spent money on the game during.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I just realized that the title of this thread could have been "minipets or minipests". Dislike for lost opportunity.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    You just received message #16825 from Deletus.

\o/

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Krypton said:
    Halos said:

promo tradein kitten

It wouldn't have worked anyway ...
    <div>promo tradein crate</div><div>
    That does not belong to you.</div>
  • I do feel like that minipets hit quantity over quality Ages ago. I think we could stand to take a break on them and focus on things like city direction and work or stuff but one of those things makes money and the other just causes me endless consternation 
  • AnnwylAnnwyl Vancouver, B.C.
    Sadly PROMO TRADEIN <item> doesn't work, whether the item is a crate or the pet removed from the crate.
    @Nicola
  • @Annwyl This command is only for the new mounts/minipets available this month, not the minipets you might gain from opening a collections cache.
  • edited September 2016
    I personally would hate to have a minipet just deleted. Right now you get them from purchased spins, so that's a 25 credit value at the very least. Getting pets and not wanting the crates (which never sell) or the pets and just asking for them to be deleted is a huge waste of money for the players. That seems like a serious logical disconnect to me.

Due to the over-saturation in every promo like this where it's chance based to get an item (and the percentage of certain items is undoubtedly higher than others) it would really be amazing if the minipets were valued at no less than the price of the spin/globe/etc. Yes, players would still be taking a hit because the trade in value would be less than the 25 credits, but at least it'd be something. Of course, it'd be nice if it were higher because past promos had them valued around 50 credits (globes).

I can only imagine it'd help the game as well to get rid of the sheer amount of crated (or uncrated) pets. It's kind of like a shower with a clogged drain right now. :(

Edit: Forgot about collections caches... those can go too. Neat in theory to help the few that want a very specific pet, but it's Just another way to get -more- mini pets.
  • Nataliia said:
     It's kind of like a shower with a clogged drain right now. :(
    The gold sink is clogged again!

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Speaking of, I've got twenty more or so to throw at people :)

Been handing minipets out to novices that go out of their way to help others, or just be amazing in general (not those who are obvious seconds). They seem to really enjoy them :D
    Huh. Neat.
  • I can happily say that I have 0 mini-pets. I've won a fair few on the promo's over the past year but have either managed to sell or regift them.

It's kind of a point of pride for me now.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• I have three. I avoid them like the plague nowadays.

Got all of them for good reasons at the time, though. I'd probably trade in two of them, though, and just keep the little gold winged lizard. Partly because I like it the most, and partly because it's the only one that can fly.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."