Artefact ideas

So from what we saw from the Artefact Armor thread, a lot of players have interesting ideas for Artefact concepts but frankly a lot of it didnt make sense for armor. Additionally, from time to time I have artefact concepts i'd love to see/use but sadly dont exist, and have always wanted a thread about them for this reason. We once had a Shop of Wonders idea thread (made by yours truly) but it has since become outdated. This thread will supply a forum for artefact ideas or concepts of all kinds for consideration in the game with some discussion and backing supplied by players. Try to remember to keep things in a reasonable fashion and preferably not be a huge impact to combat (or any impact for that matter). Utility is best here.

Comments

• Idea:

Miniaturized shield pin (frankly couldn't think of better name)

This pin can be attached to an aeneaous paragon (gives shield of absorption effect), giving the capability to EXPAND it into a Shield of Absorption to be wielded and used per normal or SHRINK it into a paragon to fit into armor. This would supply a way for certain classes or setups (like dragon) to have a shield in hand if they are unable to utilize the paragon at the time.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    There needs to be a paragon that caps your health at 1 below your maxhealth, so you know when you have recklessness. Totally forgot to submit that for the paragon thread. :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • Shop of wonders idea:

Merchant pin: allow you to use MARKET free of charge. Possibly half time to use market as well.

Pet leash: you may attach this to a pet and when in your inventory it will show in your description and exit/enter messages.
  • I'm reasonably sure you can already buy a license to use the Market channel without the fee. I'm not sure on the cost, but likely cheaper than a single crown given the amount they usually sell for.

Don't need more shit creating pet spam on enter/exit, but adding something to your description would be fine.
  • Marketeer License

-----------------

For those frequent users of the market channel that do not wish to have the

inconvenience of getting 50 gold from your pack every time there is an

alternative. For sale at the Master Shopkeepers office in Delos you can

purchase a Marketeer License for 20k gold. With this license all market tells

will not cost you anything additional.

WARNING: If you violate the below rules and your privileges to use the

market channel are revoked you will lose your Marketeer License

with no refund.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud

• A leash of spun gold: 3 Mayan Crowns
       - Allows the owner to LEASH <minipet>.
       - Gives the wielder enter/exit/LOOK description based on the minipet, and
         last for one hour or until the minipet is picked up.

• Im mostly at work bored and coming up with ideas.

Smuggler's gloves: wearing these gloves will allow you to pickpocket mobs. Only mobs. Be prepared for retribution.

Language license: redeemable for instant full understanding of 1 mortal language.

Unique race token: reincarnate once into: gnoll, buckawn, dryad, pygmy. This is purely cosmetic. Your race stats and specs will remain and be changeable per the race you were. (im thinking the token remains in your inv and shows your race as the race you picked)

• Asmodron said:

Language license: redeemable for instant full understanding of 1 mortal language.

• You can already pickpocket denizens.
  • Jukilian said:
    You can already pickpocket denizens.

The gloves would give the capability to Pickpocket mobs to anyone that purchases them.
  • New artefact power: longer reset. Sets the maximum reset time at 2 hours for level 1, 4 hours for level 2. The Wonders item that makes the artefact reset at the end of its maximum time would make it reset at 2 or 4 hours when applicable.
    Useful for those who like to loan their arties.
  • I asked about this and apparently the reset times for it would take a lot of work for them to recode. They wouldn't even give me a quote when I looked into this for a customization. 

As for ideas: Something to allow me to batch my ingredient refining. You would not believe how much sugar I go through.
  • Greys said:
    I asked about this and apparently the reset times for it would take a lot of work for them to recode. They wouldn't even give me a quote when I looked into this for a customization. 

As for ideas: Something to allow me to batch my ingredient refining. You would not believe how much sugar I go through.
    But... Sugar?? Aren't you sweet enough??

• @Greys Didn't they JUST release a mayan crown item that lets you rub your artefacts that makes it so that they return like.  exactly an hour later (instead of the 2-30 minutes it sometimes is.).
  • I thought it was for an RL day and not an Achaean day. But I could be wrong.
  • I would like a vibrating stick upgrade with secondsight and maybe sources, maybe even a third level with splice.
    I go hide from the angry serpents now.
  • Just to point this out, I'm pretty sure that artefact return time isn't random. It's based on the time you bought it.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    A chrono gyre - 6 Mayan Crowns

Ensure that an artefact you own will last an entire day before resetting back to you.
    This can only be used by its owner on an artefact that you own.
    WAVE <gyre> OVER <item>

Visit the Shop of Wonders in Delos and buy yours today!

Penned by My hand on the 13th of Ero, in the year 720 AF.
    Yeah it's only an hour.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • I'm still not convinced though because Announce posts are inherently OOC.

Maybe @Makarios or @Nicola could share some light on the gyre? If it's only an hour, that seems like a huge waste of crowns to me.
  • Help files aren't OOC though, and Announce posts usually just contain the text of the help file these days.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited September 2016
    Same text as HELP SHOPOFWONDERS

eta: but that file seems inconsistent in its use of IC and OOC reference. For example:

Stand of Wonders
    ----------------
    Fair drink glasses: 1 Mayan Crown
       - These special fair drinks are a resetting, permanent version of the
         birthday drinks on sale at the fair! These drinks will refill with 10 sips
         every day at the Serenade.

(ooc)

and

Stone Flowerpot: 5 Mayan Crowns
       - A new twist on an old favourite, this flowerpot will grow a selection
         of 10 beautiful (and different from the standard pot) flowers every
         Achaean month! The best thing about this new pot is that it is
         customisable! Want new flowers in it? Only one type of flower? Not a
         problem! (Contact customisations@achaea.com for more information on
         modifications.)

(ic)

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    It's ambiguous because IC day is supposed to mentioned as "Achaean day," and OOC day is supposed to have some sort of clarification like "Serenade" or "(24 hours)."