Nefarious Auction 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntax:            DEATHSTRIKE <target>
Works on/against:  Adventurers
Cooldown:          2.00 seconds of balance
Details:
With absolute knowledge of your victim's anatomy, unleashing a fatal combination of strikes to
vulnerable points is but a matter of timing.

** Summary for Auction #7 **********************************************
Title:                                      (Days until closing: 15)
     Custom Ability Message
Prize:
     Custom Ability Message
Current bid:
     1005 credits.
Description:
     Work with the Garden to create a customised version of one
     of your ability messages, just for you!

Zulah smiles as he offers you a bouquet of flowers.

You have been slain.

That could be devastating.....

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Zulah said:
    Syntax:            DEATHSTRIKE <target>
    Works on/against:  Adventurers
    Cooldown:          2.00 seconds of balance
    Details:
    With absolute knowledge of your victim's anatomy, unleashing a fatal combination of strikes to
    vulnerable points is but a matter of timing.

** Summary for Auction #7 **********************************************
    Title:                                      (Days until closing: 15)
         Custom Ability Message
    Prize:
         Custom Ability Message
    Current bid:
         1005 credits.
    Description:
         Work with the Garden to create a customised version of one
         of your ability messages, just for you!

Zulah smiles as he offers you a bouquet of flowers.

You have been slain.

That could be devastating.....
    Only the first two times you use it per person :D or until someone updates the echoes on a public system. But it can be very fun.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I will go broke for custom holocaust
  • I thought I wanted it, but...

7   OPEN   ---/2505     Custom Ability Message         ---               15

I was wrong.
  • Kez said:
    I thought I wanted it, but...

7   OPEN   ---/2505     Custom Ability Message         ---               15

I was wrong.
    Pretty sure a lot of people see the insta kill potential
  • Eh... word will get around fast on who did what with it and then the potential will poof.
  • edited September 2016
    Kez said:
    Eh... word will get around fast on who did what with it and then the potential will poof.
    Not before you get at least one kill on that person you've always wanted dead.

It has a long of long term combat potential too. Everyone you fight would have to know you have that 1 skill. Newer players would always fall victim
  • It says "one of your ability messages", not "one of your ability's messages", so no reason they have to let you change all messages belonging to an ability.
  • Antonius said:
    It says "one of your ability messages", not "one of your ability's messages", so no reason they have to let you change all messages belonging to an ability.
    Just change an ability you use to seal a lock, or any other number of combat useful. Just find out what skill would benefit your class the most if someone missed curing it
  • Either way, I'm really curious to see what gets done with this. I know what I would do, but I don't want to say because I think it's particularly evil and I don't want someone else to do it. :tongue:
  • Server side curing and GMCP afflictions don't care about the associated text, though. Who even uses triggers for 99% of aff tracking these days?
  • Because of serverside and gmcp the only real application I can think of is things that are usually highlighted and manually dealt with like holocaust or that Sylvan lightning thing or instakills
    trading in 20 flowerpots for this. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Zulah said:
    Antonius said:
    It says "one of your ability messages", not "one of your ability's messages", so no reason they have to let you change all messages belonging to an ability.
    Just change an ability you use to seal a lock, or any other number of combat useful. Just find out what skill would benefit your class the most if someone missed curing it
    A couple of years ago this would have been a very good point to bring up. It's also probably why they never made this item in the past.

However, now everyone uses GMCP to track afflictions, or uses server side curing, neither of which will be affected by a change in message.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    My hopes and dreams...

:heartbreak:
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    20?! A mere drop in your horticultural ocean. Dude, go all in. This looks boss

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • I'd probably change focus...

• Szanthax said:
    I'd probably change focus...
    That was the thing I didn't want to say :dissapointed:
  • Eat lines. "Crunches on something"
    Change applying a salve to smoking a pipe obv.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • You are not thinking of the ability you use most frequently during raids, hold breath.
  • My most used ability is raids "duanathar"

• Deliverance custom message.
    Wait for large scale raid
    Profit
  • Change unastral message to "Calyn has died from misadventure".

Nobody would ever notice.
  • Calyn said:
    Change unastral message to "Calyn has died from misadventure".

Nobody would ever notice.
    Config color deathsight %randomnumber. I'd know! 
  • Is it bad that as much as I world want to abuse this, I really just want it to change the flavour text?