Ironbeard!

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a 
Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile 
about himself as he arrives.
Ironbeard the Magnanimous hiccups and says, "Special people like Lyr deserve something especially 
special on special days."
Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a giftbag!

Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric 
of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully 
applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a 
tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by 
shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, 
ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
It has 2 months of usefulness left.
It weighs about 22 pounds.
A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
"sigil423024"                           an eye sigil
"sigil426928"                           a mushroom sigil
"sigil427442"                           a mushroom sigil
"monolith sigil427843"                  a monolith sigil
"key sigil427970"                       a key-shaped sigil
"monolith sigil428798"                  a monolith sigil
"sigil430220"                           a cube sigil
"sigil432351"                           a knife sigil
"key sigil432722"                       a key-shaped sigil
"sigil432822"                           a knife sigil
"sigil433013"                           a mushroom sigil
"sigil433070"                           a knife sigil
"sigil433075"                           a mushroom sigil
"monolith sigil433656"                  a monolith sigil
"key sigil433685"                       a key-shaped sigil
2746 gold sovereigns.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    I was going to put this in quotes, but this works too:

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous bounces gaily from one foot to the other, his stomach jiggling dangerously. "I'm so happy!" he declares. "Are you happy, Trilliana? Here, be happy!"

"Thanks!" you say to Ironbeard the Magnanimous.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "N *hic* O neea to thAnk me! Thanw the Goddsh fOr Taeir gift of liife *hic* !"

Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    "maplewood vial351091"                  a maplewood vial
    "cherry wood vial351658"                a cherry wood vial
    "birchwood vial351663"                  a birchwood vial
    "maplewood vial351982"                  a maplewood vial
    "cedarwood vial352422"                  a cedarwood vial
    "birchwood vial352829"                  a birchwood vial
    "cherry wood vial352959"                a cherry wood vial
    5721 gold sovereigns.

You cringe and drop your face into your palms with a shake of your head.

With a sudden look of concentration, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smiles a crooked smile, rubs his ample stomach, and fades to nothingness, followed by the sound of a distant belch.

You take 7 vials from a heavy iron-link giftbag.
    There are no more cherry wood vials there.

Vial                          Fluid                    Sips      Months Left
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maplewood vial351091          an elixir of frost       200       150
    Cherry wood vial351658        an elixir of immunity    200       150
    Birchwood vial351663          a salve of mending       200       150
    Maplewood vial351982          a salve of mass          200       150
    Cedarwood vial352422          an elixir of mana        200       150
    Birchwood vial352829          an elixir of frost       200       150
    Cherry wood vial352959        an elixir of mana        200       150

(Cyrene): You say, "So, does anyone want some random concoctions I got from Ironbeard?"

The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "Ironbeard! What have you done?"

You attempt to stifle your amusement but cannot help laughing aloud.

meh

• The prompt of that shout was the ram's horn I got from Ironbeard, unfortunately. 5mc worth of toilet paper.
  • @Rispok That's hilarious, but the timing was so perfect for mine as well (Since I'm an alchemist)
    meh

• He did not came to me yet.  :((
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a 
    Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile 
    about himself as he arrives.

"Far better to give than to receive!" Ironbeard the Magnanimous declares, smiling, giftbag in hand. 
    "For you, Sylvance, and none other. No, really!"
    You blink.
    You thank Ironbeard the Magnanimous profusely.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "No nqeD to Thannkk me! THank thEe Godsh For Their ggiftt of 
    Lifee!"

With a sudden look of concentration, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smiles a crooked smile, rubs his 
    ample stomach, and fades to nothingness, followed by the sound of a distant belch.

Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric 
    of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully 
    applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a 
    tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by 
    shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, 
    "garnet vial349162"                     a garnet vial

You take a garnet vial from a heavy iron-link giftbag.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • How often does he come?

Please, no ejaculation jokes?
  • It varies. I've had some times where I got visited by him 4 times over the schedule, and others none.

• ty, is it capped at once per day?
  • I heard that he visits a person at most once an ingame month.

• EldEld
    edited December 2012
    @Sena IIRC from the last time he was about, the "Not on your ship" part is also false. Also, has the last line always referenced "Death's bleak halls", or was it "Maya's halls" before yesterday?
  • He'll never come for me... I have not been nice enough.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • Eld said:
    Also, has the last line always referenced "Death's bleak halls", or was it "Maya's halls" before yesterday?
    It said "Maya's Halls" last year, at least.
  • He got me while underwater last time...then another time when I was flying. That Dwarf got skillz.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric 
    "sigil287792"                           a cube sigil
    "monolith sigil287828"                  a monolith sigil
    "fist287855"                            a fist-shaped sigil
    "sigil288161"                           an eye sigil
    "sigil288712"                           an orb sigil
    "sigil288792"                           an orb sigil
    "sigil289436"                           a knife sigil
    "fist289495"                            a fist-shaped sigil
    "sigil289521"                           a mushroom sigil
    "fist289526"                            a fist-shaped sigil
    "sigil289532"                           a knife sigil
    "sigil289602"                           an eye sigil
    "sigil289608"                           a cube sigil

I could have used some sigils so this was nice.
  • Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric
    12971 gold sovereigns.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I got 1k less than Draekar in my bag.

• I got a top hat :D
  • Moonstone vial. Yay free arte vial!
  • He hasnt came to me yet :(
  • I'm on the naughty list. I never get visits. :D

• Ironbeard makes Pit stops!! (Learned that the time I kept going in Fire & Spice, and kept getting the 'Occultist Customised Ejection.')
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • edited December 2012
    Katia said:
    Having been ignored by Ironbeard for RL years now.. so far he has visited me twice.. the first time whilst I was splicing a warp so couldn't check, the second time whilst I was defiling a shrine.. it's like he is encouraging me to be naughty. 
    My heart would have stopped at both times, believing someone had entered XD
  • Asmodron said:
    Katia said:
    Having been ignored by Ironbeard for RL years now.. so far he has visited me twice.. the first time whilst I was splicing a warp so couldn't check, the second time whilst I was defiling a shrine.. it's like he is encouraging me to be naughty. 
    My heart would have stopped at both times, believing someone had entered XD

Oh it did.. temporary panic.. then realising it's a drunk dwarf with presents.. 
  • Ironbeard still hasn't visit me... :(
  • Draekar said:

That still doesn't make me feel any better @Aktillum

I know there is a recession, but how about 20-30k? It's Logosmas people!

Forget that... All shallamese knights aught to get a free drinking horn out of this one... There's no reason to keep them this sober.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • @Draekar

Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the 
    fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling 
    rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the 
    carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open 
    ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, 
    obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    22582 gold sovereigns.