Furniture? Really?

Comments

• I understand the limitations of having oversight and help with customisation, but customisation, at least to me is about 95% of what makes achaea better than say WOW. You can craft standardized shit on wow. A crafting skill here that requires like $100 cash value to learn and has 0 customization benefits is not something that is shiny or cool to me in a text game. Hell, I'd rather just be able to pay IRE 10 dollars for a couch or whatever furniture I need without shitting with the skillset and comms to get a non unique item that I can sit on.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    So get someone to make you a bare bones base of an item, then put it through the customisation system. 

I can agree that having more in-game non-credit customisation would be fantastic and preferred, but it's been stated numerous times they don't have the admin time to spare for it, nor the admin time to spare to watch over players doing the checks instead.

I mean, unless there's a brilliant alternative no one's mentioned yet, I have no idea why people are surprised, much less annoyed/angry about it.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • To clarify, I'm not angry about it, but I do think that if limited staff is the issue, that "pay $50 for someone to edit a text paragraph representing the furniture that already took hundreds of credits and hours of gold to make" is a pretty flimsy cop out. I think if people are angry about this, sure that's a bit pushing it, but I can understand why people think this is kind of lame and just another cash grab. It puts more strain on the comms market while requiring credits and time build up to get essentially the same thing you had before. It's an unnattractive move, and I think people are justified to comment. If you create a product and create a forum where people can give feedback, you can't really be upset when people call you out for providing lacklustre content that costs them more than what they already had access to.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Nice work @Cellorran :D

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Yes please to lumberjacking ^^

Oh and god yes to brewing. Id get that so fast that id open my own achaean bar.
  • Ahahaha, I go to sleep and it get's worse. 
    I no longer feel bad about being mad about the tradeskill. 

• I still want my truefavour throne :(
  • Aegoth said:
    I still want my truefavour throne :(
    Could you settle for a truefavour statue?

(too soon, Khalas?)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Cellorran said:
    ... the occasional 'buffing my wood' joke on market channel...
    fnrr.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Cellorran said:
    Mishgul said:
    Nice work @Cellorran :D
    Hey, thanks! I give all due credit to bourbon.
    Good old Ballmer peak

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited August 2016
    This thread kind of went from "man, that Khaibit guy, what a jerk" to "wait, I don't know if I like this either", heh.  

The thing that frustrates me when these things comes up every once in awhile is a couple of things.  First, there is (still, in 2016) this persistent idea that the game is free and that the staff are all volunteer hobbyists who just try to build this really cool game on weekends.  And then sometimes in the next sentence it's "but this is a business".  I think we just need to agree that it IS a business, and drop the pretense of the first part.  

And either way, for a lot of players who do buy stuff, this game is more like a serious cocaine habit than a free game we dabble in.  That is in fact, the actual model.  

Now just because we pay doesn't mean we get to throw TVs at people who make the high grade cocaine we buy, but sometimes players aren't going to like the new product, and they're going to say it, especially if they feel they're getting squeezed.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Kiskan said:
    This thread kind of went from "man, that Khaibit guy, what a jerk" to "wait, I don't know if I like this either", heh.  

The thing that frustrates me when these things comes up every once in awhile is a couple of things.  First, there is (still, in 2016) this persistent idea that the game is free and that the staff are all volunteer hobbyists who just try to build this really cool game on weekends.  And then sometimes in the next sentence it's "but this is a business".  I think we just need to agree that it IS a business, and drop the pretense of the first part.  

And either way, for a lot of players who do buy stuff, this game is more like a serious cocaine habit than a free game we dabble in.  That is in fact, the actual model.  

Now just because we pay doesn't mean we get to throw TVs at people who make the high grade cocaine we buy, but sometimes players aren't going to like the new product, and they're going to say it, especially if they feel they're getting squeezed.
    Cocaine? More like heroin. Gotta get that fix
  • @Cellorran I am always impressed with your responses to feedback. You're always a joy to work with and a very amicable content producer. Thank you for hearing our feedback and assuring us that there will be deeper levels of content creation to come.
  • Do you work with him?
  • Cellorran said:
    Aegoth said:
    I still want my truefavour throne :(
    Could you settle for a truefavour statue?

(too soon, Khalas?)

httpspbstwimgcommediaBePhvIaIgAAEEwcjpg

• Bleak said:
    Do you work with him?
    On one or two things, yes. Sometimes the admin communicate with players about content and how it is being developed or works. That's part of what makes Achaea great.
  • You mean them harassment issues?
  • Jonathin said:
    Go away, Bleak, we don't need you sniping at people here, too. Especially when Jinsun is being perfectly reasonable and civilised.
    If he'll stick to being mediocre at serpent while maintaining his harmless and laughably ignorant troll status and stay away from working with the admin on content creation, I think we can all just be glad for that.
  • Asmodron said:
    Yes please to lumberjacking ^^

<boring crap>
    You can have lumberjacking when I get gigantic 3k a hit 5 stacks of Ent guards in every inch of the forests. GDI
  • Achimrst said:
    Asmodron said:

<boring crap>
    You can have lumberjacking when I get gigantic 3k a hit 5 stacks of Ent guards in every inch of the forests. GDI

Ooooo yes to large Ent guardians in forests hitting for 3k slowly. No stacking and it's a deal ^^
  • Asmodron said:
    Achimrst said:
    Asmodron said:

<boring crap>

Ooooo yes to large Ent guardians in forests hitting for 3k slowly. No stacking and it's a deal ^^
    There will be forest enemy stacking, .85 balance times per hit.
  • Khaibit said:
    So, people beg and beg for years for drinks, or containers,  or something fun and useful, and the tradeskill we get is furniture? 
    Something used rarely?
    Something that removes a money sink from the game?

I had a tv thrown at my head the other night, and yet this upsets me more.
    Have you never dreamed of becoming a Carpenter?
  • If carpentry is gonna be a thing can I get a free name change?
  • Sooo, i'm late to the thread and don't want to change topics or anything.... butttt... now that the time and effort put into this tradeskill are done. Does this mean we can focus now on fixing things that have been a matter of concern for X amount of years. like how to fix this screwy game mechanic  ( thothsfang+lightwall+hypnosis= what were you thinking? )

@Nicola @makarios @sarapis

• edited August 2016
    While we're at it, let's take a look at dual blunt dps (even without your artis it's still pretty horrendous) and alchemist aff rate too :)

eta: I'd say Monk too, but if the past... Nearly two decades... Are anything to go by, complaints about Monk generally don't go all that great.