Calling all Dragons! What colour are you (or do you use most), and why?

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Picked blue back in the day because I had a whole ice theme going on with artefacts (changed it now), mainly hunt in blue when dragonformed because clumsiness and stun rage attacks.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Went Black when I picked, mainly because there's no white and it felt more right to me to go 'opposite' than to go close with silver. Completed the red talisman set recently and now always bash in that when i bash in dragon because the flame attack seems to have a much higher base damage than the spit attack.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Red's large BR ability does a LOT of damage, especially when you get a WSC off a tick. 
    I've tried out the different colors as I bashed for Elder (picked blue off the bat, since I knew blue scale would be a pain in the ass). 
    Red seems to have the best time/area.

• Seifur started as black, but I completed the silver talisman and hunted as silver from that point on. I liked the silver dragon battlerages better.
  • So out of the results so far, all I'm really seeing as a trend is that @Mindshell is weird for being green and non-dragons really like polls.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Blue because breath weapon stacks with salve balance on breaks, making it slightly more dangerous.

• I like to hunt in black, but gold will always be my colour. I wait for @Severina to take to the skies as a red dragon and then the world will be ours. Yes'm :3
  • I'm not a dragon, but if I was I'd go with either silver (mainly just for the colour) or gold (for the psi and the tell flavour).
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    I like the flavor of gold

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Can anyone tell me why green is so bad?

• It's poison themed, but like the gross type. Think drooling, slurring, fat dragon. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • but green is obviously the best ;)

• so does it do less damage? or is it purely because it's gross

• Purely because it's gross. If I understand correctly, all dragon colours are comparable, some are just slightly better at bashing due to Battlerage.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    Purely because it's gross. If I understand correctly, all dragon colours are comparable, some are just slightly better at bashing due to Battlerage.
    And damage types for pvp.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Hmm. I assumed all dragon battlerage attacks did the same damage. Looks like I'm going to have to test now! 

• Silver is my original color but I like red and black mostly

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Cooper said:
    Hmm. I assumed all dragon battlerage attacks did the same damage. Looks like I'm going to have to test now! 
    I'm not a dragon, so don't quote me, I just heard that a lot of people like the Damage-Over-Time BR abilities, like Red's fire blaze thing, because there's more chance for crits, and less of a chance of an overkill (aka wasted DPS).
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I think all the battlerages are similar, (with exceptions for DoT vs upfront) but the PvP damages of the different colors' breath attacks definitely seemed disparate when I tested them.

I didn't keep notes, but I seem to recall Green and Black doing the lowest damage, but while Black is unblockable (acid) damage, Green is poison damage which has several resistances that apply to it, so it's kinda the least damaging Dragon color all around. Blue and Red are good damage, but have a good few resists that apply to them. Gold and Silver deal the highest damage, with Silver having more resistances to electric than Gold does to psi.

Take that with a grain of salt, someone feel free to disprove me, but that's what I recall.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Green is not a creative colour.

• Jespar said:
    Can anyone tell me why green is so bad?

Theme aside, it generally comes down to bashing. All dragons have the same ability concepts required for combat with only a slight (and i do mean slight) difference based on breath capability, such as blue dragon freeze effect. Remember to take into consideration that not all dragon effects are 100% guarantee to fire. Gold won't always give epilepsy and green wont always give loki. Additionally loki is just too random to try and depend on .

When you take a gander at the battlerage effects of rach dragon, you will notice some great advantages compared to others. It is generally why you see certain dragon colors always in the bashing grounds. Sadly green dorsnt exactly shine like some others. It really comes down to prefrence too. For example i prefer black dragon sensitivity for bashing while others may prefer blue dragon stun effect. In truth each of the top color bashers shine in different situations.

Finally, if we take theme into consideration you will generally find green to be rather boring compared to the others. Green uses venom which usually draconic creatures that used venom were known as wyverns, so it is a bit of a grey area. Additionally when you have dragons that can shoot frost, lightning, or acid, poison tends to get lost in the background.
  • Asmodron said:
    Gold won't always give epilepsy ...
    Considering that Silver gives epilepsy, not Gold...
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Asmodron said:
    Gold won't always give epilepsy ...
    Considering that Silver gives epilepsy, not Gold...
    Bah! You know what i mean
  • @Halos you need to change your entry here!
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    Blue because everyone else was Red in Eleusis when I picked.
  • Silver cause knight RP. Gold is probs the strongest for PvP though.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Gold because bling.  Everyone always after my teeth tho.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I personally just find green to be the most ugly appearance-wise. Being a poison-dragon is interesting in theory, but I don't want to be oozing the stuff everywhere I go.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Poor green dragons. They need love too.

• HalosHalos The Reaches

Carmell's voice drips with venom as she tells you, "Hey."

it just sounds gross ok

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"