Ark: Survival Evolved

Comments

• so I built a boat in Ark, currently sailing around, bahaha

• tho I died in a restart I think, and now I've no idea where it is, only half an hour later, haha
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Will said:
    tho I died in a restart I think, and now I've no idea where it is, only half an hour later, haha
    It should count down when it does the automatic restart. If it's not, let me know so I can look into fixing that.

• I found it but, when sailing around it got stuck on something invisible and wouldn't move. So I had to abandon it 
  • Tips requested for a newbie player! Where's a good area to spawn in on The Center map for a novice? Felt like everywhere I spawned was chalk full of big dino's who's apparent favorite food was me, and I couldn't live long enough to really get myself started. Looking for a place similar to the south side of the island on the original map to spawn in for now. Additionally, when are peak server hours? Every time I check I only see 1-2 other people online.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited August 2016
    Try one of the easternmost islands. They generally only have dilos that you'll have to contend with
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Tropical island north is likely the safest.  Jacen is around most of the day till midnight est. I am around mostly from 9pm to 2am est. @Antidas if you want to join up with us just send me a message someplace and I'll help you out
  • So I'm lazy and at work so limited phone time. Is there any PVP area?

• It is in the works
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    What is everyone playing it on?

Amanu said:
    What is everyone playing it on?
    Can find information about the server and how to join at arkitech.boards.net.

Currently looking into the possibility of getting a second server for the Scorched Earth expansion.

New site and forum design, and we're setting up a community exclusive Scorched Earth server to go along with our Center server.

https://arkitechblog.wordpress.com/

The Halloween Theme is out:

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Meant which system or is it cross platforms?

• Amanu said:
    PC on a server that @Kresslack started.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Tyamat said:
    Amanu said:
    PC on a server that @Kresslack started.
    Drat. i just have it on Xbox One. 

edited October 2016
    Currently it's available on PC and Xbox. I play on PC. PS4 version has been held back by Sony until the game fully releases.

We've set up a cluster so we have two servers linked that run the Center map and the Scorched Earth map. I also think both the game and Scorched Earth are on sale right now.

• How is the server doing? back from hols in like 2 days now
    Pretty well. We're just looking to bring more people in and make it a community. We have a handful right now scattered among various play times. I've lifted the application process and password requirement for now to see how that works out.

• ill surely pick it up over the up coming holidays
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2017
    I'm running a new modded server through LogicServers (same provider as Sl1pg8r) out of New York and their setup makes it really easy to install and update mods. Right now it's just Tyamat and me, maybe my brother if he ever decides to play and Jacen if Tyamat ever gives him the info.

I made a separate page on my site for info. Send me a PM if you want to play and I'll give you the pw.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    I think Super Spyglass is bugged currently.

• Anyone looked at conan exiles, and compared to ark survival?
    I haven't played this type of games before, and figure I need to test it eventually. 
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I was looking into getting one and ark definitely looks better. I just wish they would take it out of early access already. If i was to get ARK i would only go on a private server, the public servers look like an awful mess right now according to the comments on steam.

If someone wants to convince me to get ARK and play with them, I am down for that.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    I was looking into getting one and ark definitely looks better. I just wish they would take it out of early access already. If i was to get ARK i would only go on a private server, the public servers look like an awful mess right now according to the comments on steam.

If someone wants to convince me to get ARK and play with them, I am down for that.
    Did you look into how it is to play with one-handed mode?
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    gonna get a mouse with a lot of buttons on it :D

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • This game keeps popping up when I search in steam and have been thinking of picking it up. How active are people on the private server?
  • We have a private server? D: Okay, long story, I got this game when it first came out on early access--Riding dinosaurs sold me--my machine couldn't run it.

Rather, my graphics card was like, "fuck you."

Now I have a good graphics card and it actually runs... and I re-bought it after refunding it last time... What? It was unplayable back then, despite the fact that it was supposed to be runnable on my old graphics card(optimization, pls), and it was on sale... so... i have it again... and it runs alrightish. Now if raptors would stop being dicks...
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • @Mosr and I have been on a good bit since he got the server up and running and @Jacen should be joining us tonight.

I have loved ark since Mosr talked me into playing it last summer and only stopped when the server we were on got shut down.