Le phones

2»

Comments

• You can read messages, news, logs, etc. on the website...
  • That's the problem - I wouldn't have to compulsively check messages in browser if I could just get notifications when I had new ones!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited August 2016
    My app purchases won't transfer over :( ... And no external drive? (If switch to Apple)

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    If we're matching up divine with English football teams, @Aurora might be an Arsenal fan, but @Sartan should be too. Because following that team and watching them play under Wenger is a lesson in Suffering.
    Klendathu said:
    Xaden said:
    Aurora said:

I loathe Samsung with a passion that is usually only reserved for Manchester United football club.
    GDI Rory!!

...wonder if Sartan is a a United fan...
    He doesn't live in Manchester, so likely.
    He lives in mhaldor...duh

• Szanthax said:
    My app purchases won't transfer over :( ... And no external drive? (If switch to Apple)
    so s7 edge wins.
    Or my HTC DESIRE with the broken face.. wins

• Szanthax said:
    Idk what you mean by external drive, but you get 5Gb free storage on iCloud for certain things, which is admittedly not very much, but its something. You can buy more storage if you want it, I personally don't bother. You can buy external storage devices for your phone if you want though, they'll just be 3rd party things.

As for your apps, if you don't already have an iPhone then no, they likely won't transfer.

Antidas said:
    Szanthax said:
    Idk what you mean by external drive, but you get 5Gb free storage on iCloud for certain things, which is admittedly not very much, but its something. You can buy more storage if you want it, I personally don't bother. You can buy external storage devices for your phone if you want though, they'll just be 3rd party things.

As for your apps, if you don't already have an iPhone then no, they likely won't transfer.
    I just have one app it cost like $20... No buggy. Burch mean like external sd drives. Not having that might suck. Mostly comic books takes up like 75gbs

• Szanthax said:
    Antidas said:
    Szanthax said:

I just have one app it cost like $20... No buggy. Burch mean like external sd drives. Not having that might suck. Mostly comic books takes up like 75gbs
    Morthif said:
    Szanthax said:
    so s7 edge wins.

Morthif said:
    Szanthax said:
    Antidas said:
    Szanthax said:

Morthif said:
    Szanthax said:
    so s7 edge wins.

I know.. but... My phone works :pensive:

It's like I should just buy a week in nyc instead..it'd be cheaper lol

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Rohai said:
    Vote for Team iPhone here. I got the iPhone 4s at the end of 2011 and it lasted a solid four years with no problems until the very end. Upgraded to the 6s after that and my only complaint is there's no IRE Helper app for iOS (yet).
    This. I bought my 4s in 2011 and it worked perfectly until someone dropped it in a lake on Saturday. I just upgraded to SE today and I love it.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
    Halos said:
    Rohai said:
    Vote for Team iPhone here. I got the iPhone 4s at the end of 2011 and it lasted a solid four years with no problems until the very end. Upgraded to the 6s after that and my only complaint is there's no IRE Helper app for iOS (yet).
    This. I bought my 4s in 2011 and it worked perfectly until someone dropped it in a lake on Saturday. I just upgraded to SE today and I love it.

Yeah I'm still like... so manly against apple.... because... eah... if the IRE Helper gets ported to iOS i might consider winkyface simleyface jkface.

• Kasya said:
    If we're matching up divine with English football teams, @Aurora might be an Arsenal fan, but @Sartan should be too. Because following that team and watching them play under Wenger is a lesson in Suffering.
    Spurs fan here. Watching Arsenal self destruct every season is anything but suffering, it's a joyful time and should be celebrated by everyone. Just like watching Man Utd under Moyes and Van Gaal. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Arsenal have no defenders this season. Wenger has weird ideas about what kind of midfielders he needs instead.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Football is dull. :trollface:

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Mishgul said:
    Arsenal have no defenders this season. Wenger has weird ideas about what kind of midfielders he needs instead.
    More and more, I get the feeling that we need a football clan.
  • Magenta said:
    Mishgul said:
    More and more, I get the feeling that we need a football clan.
    An international one I hope, never really liked english football...
  •      He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• I dunno if you picked or not, but I would say android 100%. I've done cell phone repair for a long time before I landed where I am now. I've worked for Apple Tech Support as well. I've primarily used Android from the very start (the HTC G1) and I absolutely love it. The changes they make from phone to phone are apparent, you don't -need- to root an android phone, the camera (at least on the latest phones) is completely superior to iPhone. In terms of just simple usability, the iPhone is good, but if you use your phone for more (It's my lifelink to my clients, my music..a lot of music, my calendar, my camera, my navigator, my youtube, my stopwatch, and GPS to my wife (she loses her phone a lot). I currently use a Motorola Turbo, and I've had it for almost 2 years with absolutely no issues. You can customize it incredibly easily, the Play Store is great. I will say though, iPhone has far superior accessibility (hard of hearing) features than Android.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool Or a coward
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
    For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
    "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
    Such is the rule of honor
  • I really like my Samsung Note 5, it has the functionality of a mini-computer. I've tried my friend's iPhone before and I personally find them a bit overrated, small and overpriced for what they offer. iPhones are "trendy" to have but I find the Android interface prettier and more functional than iOS.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/iphone-6s-plus-vs-note-5

Summary from the article -

[spoiler]So which is best, the Note 5 or the iPhone 6S Plus? Both really are standout phones if you're after a big handset, which makes it all the more disappointing that Samsung hasn't brought its S Pen-toting Note 5 to the UK as yet.

There are a few ways to look at this. If you care about design, then the Note 5 is more elegant and more manageable than the 6S Plus. While Apple's phone doesn't scream beauty, the all-in-one aluminium has a more reassuring feel than the glass back and front on Samsung's phablet.

In the screen department it's a case of innovation with the Note 5, and reliability with the Full HD screen on the 6S Plus. Both are excellent screens, but if you really care about having the best place to watch video, you'll want a Note 5.

There's very little separating them for performance, and their cameras are some of the best in business for both image quality and ease of use. Where you will find some difference is in battery life. We'd be inclined to say the Note 5 has the ability to go a little further. And its quick-charging technology is one of the best in the business.

We'd go for the Note 5... Unless you live in the UK, in which case getting the Apple on contract might just sway it.[/spoiler]

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    I just... I don't need a new phone... I just cracked my screen and my phone is like an HTC 2 years old... Sooo.....Samsung s8 it is

• Depends what you want out of a phone and what other devices you have.

If you have a lot of apple products, the gel together very well. If you have a laptop or tablet, no need for a phablet sized phone.

S7 has the best battery life at the moment of all the phones, something that is very critical to me since I am hardly ever near a charger. Android has a bit more freedom and that is important to me as well. I do not like being told how I am allowed to use a device I paid for. File management on Android is a LOT better and free apps like ES File Explorer allow everything from accessing network shares to editing, unzipping, previewing etc.

That being said, not everyone needs that. Some just browse the web, use whatsapp and make calls. If that is all you want, you can not really go wrong either way. If you want more flexibility, go Android.

Also, and this is important, do not think that Samsung is your only option. Both Sony and HTC make amazing phones. Samsung just has more of the little gear items.