Critical Paragons Comparison

edited August 2016 in North of Thera
Collected some data on Crucious Paragon (1000cr)  vs Auspicious Icosagon Paragon (1000cr ?).

I'm not good at manipulating data so I thought maybe someone like @Sena would be interested in seeing this and can draw some conclusions for the mass public. I would be interested to see if they put out the same amount of damage/equivalent hits over all.

Class Alchemist
Level 111
Extispicy used.
No other critical buffs used (to my knowledge)

Crucious

Auspicious Icosagon

(I am doing another run without paragons which I will post up tonight.)

Comments

• Crucious:

(2129 non-crits + 132*2 + 582*4 + 275*8 + 163*16 + 56*32 + 13*64)/3350 hits
    = 3.63 average multiplier per hit

Auspicious Icosagon:

(1655 non-crits + 587*2 + 463*4 + 199*8 + 107*16 + 103*32)/3114 hits
    = 3.62 average multiplier per hit

The average damage multiplier is basically the same (probably by design).  But the crucious one will have more "wasted" damage because the higher crits will have more chance of exceeding the health the denizen has left.  So I would go with auspicious icosagon.
  • Thought that would be the case!
  • Doesn't the crucious paragon also have a chance to cause your attack to deal no damage at all? Has that been factored into your results at all?
  • Did they add a new type of crit? "Plane-razing"?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Yes, but only accessible using the crucious paragon (some percentage chance for a world-shattering critical to be upgraded to plane-razing, but also a chance for the attack to do zero damage instead).
  • Still sad that neither of these paragons are available to dragons and you need a lesserform for them.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Working super hard and going autism mode to access a class that is the ultimate representation of Achaea doesn't mean that you should be better at bashing than the other, lesser classes, because that would be unfair to classes that don't have to bother working as hard as you did to get dragon. It's absurd of you to even think that dragons deserve a noticable edge in bashing at all simply because it took you 100+ hours to get it. How dare you 
  • edited August 2016
    Aegoth said:
    Working super hard and going autism mode to access a class that is the ultimate representation of Achaea doesn't mean that you should be better at bashing than the other, lesser classes, because that would be unfair to classes that don't have to bother working as hard as you did to get dragon. It's absurd of you to even think that dragons deserve a noticable edge in bashing at all simply because it took you 100+ hours to get it. How dare you 
    I hate you too, don't worry. ;)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Aegoth said:
    Working super hard and going autism mode to access a class that is the ultimate representation of Achaea doesn't mean that you should be better at bashing than the other, lesser classes, because that would be unfair to classes that don't have to bother working as hard as you did to get dragon. It's absurd of you to even think that dragons deserve a noticable edge in bashing at all simply because it took you 100+ hours to get it. How dare you 
    Man I was totally ready to bust you for this. Took me too long to detect the sarcasm. 

• edited August 2016
    @Antonius : that zero damage failure isn't zero damage completely. It is just zero critical damage aka just a normal hit. Granted I was only keeping careful watch over the first 300 hits for no damage failures and by then my crit average had dropped significantly.

still working on the non-paragon run to confirm.

• My crit rate increased without using paragons?
  • If my maths is right it is = 3.47 average multiplier per hit
  • Next up : Dragonform run
  • Fucked up the dragon run already. Now that I can actually stand against Seroth and his other buddies I forgot they are uncritable. Restarting.
  • Dragonform testing
    I'm not sure wtf is happening. I should be getting more crits as alchemist with Extispicy right?

• ... No.  :'(
  • Also should note. That was the numbers evening out. Turns out Extispicy follows through into dragonform.
  • Tahquil said:
    Turns out Extispicy follows through into dragonform.
    Yes and no. The defence stays, but it shouldn't have any actual effect if you're not an alchemist. (Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that it's not.)
  • Vague gif is vague. E'rrybody start wondering.

Going to be re-checking auspicious icosagon paragon again tomorrow.
  • Much more inline this time around.