Burnout

I'm sure it's happened to everyone at some point or another.

What do you do when you feel burnt out? Discuss.

Comments

• Stop playing, generally. Pushing yourself to play during periods like that doesn't usually work out very well.

• Push my spare time into other games while still dabbling in Achaea until something grabs my interest.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    I think the best thing to do is to log out. Whether that's for a few days, weeks, or months is up to you.

If you are just burnt out, hate where you are in the game, find a new goal. Some people change their positions. Other people change class. Some people abandon their House or city. Anything to find fresh perspective.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • I take a break from the game. It's still a game and there's not really anything in that game important enough to demand that anyone stick around for ever.

If it's a matter of not making progress in the game it may simply be time for a new goal. Maybe make new friends or something.
  • Good news about a (mostly) mature player base is they will understand if you want to take a break or need to handle things IRL. 
  • When i have a burnout with Achaea, i do check in to see messages and such but QQ after that and do something else for the day.
  • I feel burnt out just about weekly, but usually the resolution for me is just sparring people. I love combat, it's by far my favourite part of this game, and I'm usually only burnt out on hunting. So I just quit hunting for a week or so and fight people a lot.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I find stopping playing and logging out the best bet to make and to place your focus or concentrate in other things. For me personally, I watch movies, write, read. If it is during the semester I will focus more on my classes and less on the game. 

Everyone though has moments when they burn out or simply have little desire to come around on Achaea. One thing that can also help is to sit down and think "Okay, what do I really want to do on my character?" Having goals and changing an attitude over certain matters really can turn things around. Keep in mind though not all ideas are implemented. 

Say for example you are noticing that insane clans are impacting your experience negativity, then I would recommend condensing the number of insane clans that you have. There are a myriad of things for characters to do and participate in, but again if a burn out occurs: logout before you do something that you regret. After logging out just do something that's non Achaean related for a bit until you have given yourself sometime. 

• I just go and play another game to the point where I burn out in that one, then come back to Achaea

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I usually go outside 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    I usually go outside 
    I don't get it.
  • Ohhh. That place sucks. There are bugs in that place :( 
  • Anedhel said:
    Ohhh. That place sucks. There are bugs in that place :( 
    Is it bad that I read this as "coding bugs" instead of the living kind?