No Man's Sky

2»

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Daeir said:
    By ship graveyard do you mean like, a crashed ship, or is there an area with multiple crashed ships in close proximity that I haven't found yet?
    I found an area that had around 9 ships all wrecked near each other. You could see them all from 1 hillside. Ended up fixing up a 20 slot transport ship. I wasn't on any of the quest paths I was just warping randomly.

I found farming sentinels near an outdoor galactic trade hub produces decent units
  • I finally got an Atlas pass V1 the other day. Get to access a few things I couldn't before, especially more rooms in space stations.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    If only I could play a first person game without hurling after 10 minutes :( 

• edited August 2016
    It's okay @Skye. Each planet I go to I find new animals, scan them, feed them and then scream out "LOOK AT MY NEW DOG!"

I want to make a space menagerie with all my dogs.
  • Skye said:
    If only I could play a first person game without hurling after 10 minutes :( 
    Yeah we tried playing it on VR and it was amazing but walking around was motion sickness hell. Space flight wasnt too bad until barrel rolls then you needed the doggy bag. 
  • Daeir said:
    Haha, you should try Elite: Dangerous on VR. Full newtonian movement in space with 0 reference point = barf central. Cool as fuck, though.
    I have that as well. It's rough. As is Eve valkyrie. I was thrilled when I found out I can play all oculus games on my vive with ReVive but then realized VR games are kinda meh without the vive motion controllers. They add so much immersion to games. Plus you get a major workout playing many of the games with the room tracking/motion controllers.

My wife came home and dropped the groceries because she was laughing too hard seeing me jump behind a sandbag wall only I could see and started throwing invisible hand grenades in her direction all while trying to reload my m16. (In my defense I was under heavy fire...)

• Daeir said:
    Man, you're making me want to shell out for a Vive.
    Just make sure you have a play space (I have a whole room dedicated to it) and a half way decent system. It runs "ok" on 900series and perfect on 1080 (Obviously) My daughter and her friends instantly go for it when they come over. They especially love Tilt Brush. Painting with the room as your canvas is pretty addicting even for adults. My wife uses audioshield an hour a day in her workout routine. My personal favorite is hot dogs horseshoes and hand grenades. My own private shooting gallery with scary realistic gun mechanics. To the point you're not just loading the gun but you've got to physically chamber a round by cocking or pulling a changing handle, turn the safety off, adjust the optics. Saves my rl ammo when I want some recoil therapy.

• Party at casa de @Zulah
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • New game:
    Find animal
    Kill animal
    Push it around with your mining laser and build up speed
    Send it flying up over a hill to see how far it will ragdoll
    Repeat
  • So I have been going back and forth on whether or not to pick this game up. I just don't see where it is worth a full 60 bucks at this stage. Any opinions?
  • Hour 55, I finally found another person's discovered system and found a whole planet and moon he didn't even explore!
  • Achimrst said:
    Hour 55, I finally found another person's discovered system and found a whole planet and moon he didn't even explore!
    I don't hit every planet in every system I discover. Sometimes I just rename the system and keep moving
  • Zulah said:
    Achimrst said:
    Hour 55, I finally found another person's discovered system and found a whole planet and moon he didn't even explore!
    I don't hit every planet in every system I discover. Sometimes I just rename the system and keep moving
    I was more excited I found a system someone else discovered!
  • @elsam seems like people are either loving or hating with no real In between. If your not sure if probably wait for a sale to buy it (I preordered during the July 4th/summer sale and got a decent chunk off)
  • Elsam said:
    So I have been going back and forth on whether or not to pick this game up. I just don't see where it is worth a full 60 bucks at this stage. Any opinions?
    If you are expecting like CoD in space don't get it. You should definitely watch some of the videos on gameplay and see if you would like that kind of gameplay. There are a lot of ways around straight forward mechanics like buying a ship or a weapon and stuff. It's a really fun and interesting game if you ask me I can play it for hours and not know where my day went.

• absolutely lost it
  • 2CCC038C75AE9500BCFB900E2B22A86ADE3287DF 19201080
    Before

408F657BBC23B05AF0B8949988D584761811C401 19201080
    After

Take that Eleusis! Oh wait... I luuuuuv you desert trees!
  • So what do you guys do in the game? I guess I'm just lost... it feels like 1 big grind. 
  • It's a grind with no reward. Imagine bashing... but  you get 0xp and 0 gold.... but you get to explore and read all the pretty room descriptions! It just costs you 200cr to be able to bash like this
  • It's a game for advanced drug use. First boost your imagination and paranoia, then explore new planets. Some LSD for extra colouring if neccesary.
  • Might give that a try tonight then. 
  • You can pretty much do whatever, I personally just farm Titanium and Plutonium then make shit with it and sell it. Best way to get Titanium is to grenade a sentinel and let them call in the big guns and destroy. I'm still trying to get my max slotted ship but I have a max slotted multi-tool so it's super easy to kill Sentinels. There are probably other better grindy ways to do what I'm doing, getting a max slotted ship, but I want a specific look so I gotta grind them credits and crashed ships until I get the right amount for the ship I want. Also it's fun to loot rare items on planets cause Sentinels get super pissed and hunt you down even after you lose them.
  • I get lost.  That's how I play it. There are three storylines you can follow which you can switch around whenever you like by changing the focus on the star map with q or e

•            

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • They need to add more achievements, my progress is significantly slowed down by being Minister of Culture...I might have to resign :P 

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Only 80 hours! I'm a filthy casual!