Most common Runewarden Traits?

I'm thinking Nimble and Improved Physique, but I have no idea on anything else.

What do people usually go with? Two handed, so Expert Diagnoser probably not that great?

Comments

• Nimble, Robust, and that one that tramples all 4 limbs at once.

• Depends on what you mostly do and what artefacts you have. 

If you bash lots, Lucky's a good choice. I haven't regretted having it. The one that gives +5 enemy slots isn't bad, if you do a lot of group combat, but that's a niche kind of thing. Expert diagnoser isn't super important since you have the battlefury thing that lets you see fractures off-bal anyways. Lethal ink might be okay, if you use webs and tentacles a lot (does it apply to brazier? Not sure). Now that the one that gives eq-free assess is available, might want to consider that, too, for when to use precision vs. speed (if your target's under 2/3 health or 1/2 if they're really tough, you can probably get away with a precision hit to build fractures).
  • The always trample trait is useless for Runewarden.

I'd suggest lucky, pretty useful for bashing.

Lethal ink might be nice for tentacles, but 2H just got a big buff regarding flying.

• Going to go with Nimble, +1 Str and Lucky, since I will bash to Dragon.

Any suggestions for Minor Traits? I know most of them are flavor, but you guys are more experienced than I am and I value your input.
  • Glass shatterer's pretty great, if you plan to bash in places that are too far to whistle but not exactly off plane. 

Blissful ignorance is super important.

The one that helps with bow accuracy is alright, if you plan to do any shooting at all.

The ones that help with endurance/willpower regen are also pretty handy (the latter much more so if you raise shrines) and don't plan on spending anything on getting arties to help with those (though 2h doesn't burn much endurance, but if you get dragon and bash in dragon, you can lesserform and sleep to regain it faster, so it's something to keep in mind). 

And, because I'm one of Those People, my character couldn't possibly've not been a Clean Freak, so. 
  • Not runewarden, but still knight. I run with Nimble, Improved Phys and Lucky in my majors. Then I run with Blissful ignorance, marksman, and death's boon. I always wanted limbcrusher, but never made the switch to it, or I could never decide which major to give up.

The traits I run with have never really done me wrong, though nowadays, I don't think I die enough for death's boon. Oh well.
  • Yeah, Death's Boon could be really helpful on the path to dragon. I mean trait resets exist, so I could always swap it out later.

@Anedhel thanks a ton for those suggestions. They're very practical. Blissful Ignorance - that's the Force resistance one right? Yeah. Gotta stop those Priests and Paladins from messing wih my mind.

Thanks a bunch guys!
  • Devran said:
    Yeah, Death's Boon could be really helpful on the path to dragon. I mean trait resets exist, so I could always swap it out later.

@Anedhel thanks a ton for those suggestions. They're very practical. Blissful Ignorance - that's the Force resistance one right? Yeah. Gotta stop those Priests and Paladins from messing wih my mind.

Thanks a bunch guys!
    You only get one reset(I think) though, so be wary with it.
  • Tolan said:
    Devran said:
    Yeah, Death's Boon could be really helpful on the path to dragon. I mean trait resets exist, so I could always swap it out later.

Thanks a bunch guys!
    You only get one reset(I think) though, so be wary with it.
    Oh yeah, but I mean you can buy more so it's not a huge deal is what I'm getting at.
  • In terms of major traits, nimble and improved physique really aren't even optional (you could possibly take robust instead of improved physique if you never want to do any PvP ever). For the third, I'd say Health inspector is the best PvP option right now, especially as two-handed (may be a little biased since removing the eq cost entirely was my classlead). Lucky isn't bad if you're planning to primarily, or only, do PvE.

For minors, Marksman is a definite since you can use a bow. You should also take Meticulous care to reduce the amount of times you have to get moon/moss/boar re-inked, unless you're planning to get artefact tattoos immediately (which would be a mistake in most cases). Blissful ignorance and clean freak are good too, but they're absolutely not required.

Death's boon is literally pointless unless you're planning on spending a lot of time as a soul with 0 mana. You shouldn't need it at all, use starbursts and/or embrace straight away if you die.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Health Inspector is hands-down amazing for 2H. Holy shit, I really expected them to put a cooldown on that or something. Being able to see your progress on health damage vs fractures at the same time is a ridiculous wealth of info that no other class really gets. It'd be like if Serpent got Priests' balanceless Diagnose to check on their lock progress.

Expert Diagnoser is useful for checking torso damage balancelessly. Less of a big deal for 2H than other Knight styles, but still nice, and you can use it to check for other affs if you want to get technical.

Sawbones is useful for checking limb damage in general at the start of a fight or when someone doesn't break when you expect them to, or does break when you don't expect them to.

Marksman, Glass-Shatterer, Blissful Ignorance, and Knife Thrower are all minor traits with serious combat implications, but none are strictly necessary. (You can argue Blissful Ignorance, but only vs Occultist/Monk/Bard)
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    Health Inspector is hands-down amazing for 2H. Holy shit, I really expected them to put a cooldown on that or something. Being able to see your progress on health damage vs fractures at the same time is a ridiculous wealth of info that no other class really gets. It'd be like if Serpent got Priests' balanceless Diagnose to check on their lock progress.

Expert Diagnoser is useful for checking torso damage balancelessly. Less of a big deal for 2H than other Knight styles, but still nice, and you can use it to check for other affs if you want to get technical.

Sawbones is useful for checking limb damage in general at the start of a fight or when someone doesn't break when you expect them to, or does break when you don't expect them to.

Marksman, Glass-Shatterer, Blissful Ignorance, and Knife Thrower are all minor traits with serious combat implications, but none are strictly necessary. (You can argue Blissful Ignorance, but only vs Occultist/Monk/Bard)
    Blissful Ignorance's saved my butt against Jesters, too, a few times!

You could use expert diagnoser to check for nausea in 2h (assuming your opponent doesn't cure nausea over asthma and/or lethargy against you, which they really should, but no one seems to do), I suppose, and do some skull fracture harm to your opponent, which is pretty mean. 
  • edited August 2016
    You guys are great. Thank you all so much.

Looks like I'm going with Improved Physique, Nimble, Lucky (will change that for Health Inspector once I get into PVP more than Bashing), Expert Diagnoser because it sounds more useful than the others Marksman because yes, Chivalry gives us bow stuff, Blissful Ignorance just because,Clean Freak because that IS something my character would care about and something else. Ignoring deaths boon because  Antonius was right! I thought it functioned differently.

Again, you guys rock. Thank you!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Deaths boon is literally useless right now.
    Huh. Neat.