Combat Breakdown, class choices, and other things

So this is mostly a splatter if my Achaea Brainstorming since I'm at work and can't play. 

I've been thinking of starting a document that lists all the methods each class can kill you and the most common ways to reach that point, along with their counters. It would be a living document, as combat techniques change over time... Has anyone already done this/is already doing this?

I've been considering my class choices lately and thinking if I want to take a fifth class or forget one of my other ones and learn a new one.  I'm currently Serpent/Sylvan/Monk/Magi. I will always love Monk/Serpent, but I'm falling out of love for Sylvan. Everything feels linear, and I know I'm not 100% effective at it but you either lock, damage, or heartened and once you commit to one path, you can't change it or you'll lose momentum. Magi is just.. I don't know. 

I'm thinking Borran needs a change, but I am not going to change organization again. Instead, I'm going to see if I can fill some role Eleusis needs that I have interest in (Not patrolling). Let me know if you have any ideas.  I enjoy mentoring, combat, and exploring.

I'm trying not to be too salty about missing out on the War. Optimism!

Tldr: See topic title

Comments

• Heartseed... Damn Auto-correct.

• Even though I've played many classes, many of them have changed since I've played them.

I think I might like Jester, but I'm not really sure what they do. 

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    My personal dream is sent/infernal. So id recommend sent. Bard is also super fun tho and runie has the perk of being four classes in one.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I never got around to understanding Sentinels alternate kill paths outside of Petrified. How many do they have? How fluid are they?

• I want Nature Priest as a thing. I really want all the OP STUFF they get. I hate that moment when you start asking yourself "How can I afflict the unafflictable?"

• Tarot looks fun.

So for my kill route research, what class should I do my spars in? Should I use a fitness class or a tanky one? Probably a combination?

• Borran said:
    I never got around to understanding Sentinels alternate kill paths outside of Petrified. How many do they have? How fluid are they?
    Can bleed someone out with uh... Gouge? I think. The bleeding on that racks up enormously if you bury the haemophilia.

Dismember (jaguar ability) requires them to be bound and impaled.

Is freeze pound still a thing? I'm pretty sure it could still be a thing, since you can give sensitivity with entity.

Can true lock people with enough practice and timing, mostly going to be off of breaks like bards often do.

Pretty sure I'm forgetting one. Still waking up, so I probably am. The horrifying nature of sentinel stems from the fact they can push for pretty much all of these methods at once, with enough practice. Makes it hard to defend 'perfectly' against them.

• I stunt want to be a Sentinel.. I just want a really active Sentinel best friend. *sagenod*

• @Rangor and @Majin play Sentinel, though it's hard to argue whether @Rangor is active, or just perpetually AFK.
  • I believe that Sent lost freeze pound with the changes, since they don't have icewyrm and I'm not sure if they have gorilla. 
  • I wonder if they'd ever allow reduction of stats on artie weapons. I would like (returning) throwing daggers that do minimal damage (preferably 1 damage) for Jester.

• Why would you want them to do less damage?
  • Flavour. It's not like you are going to kill anyone with dagger damage.

• Borran, clhelp files in Eleusis is supposed to be that, but hard to find people that are interested and capable of keeping them up to date. I know I don't have the time or will for it anymore at least. 
  • @Borran : From what I know of you.. I'd recommend trying to understand the basics of Achaean combat first (salve, stacking, affs etc..) then mastering each of your four classes before class hopping into a very expensive fifth class.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • @Borran : From what I know of you.. I'd recommend trying to understand the basics of Achaean combat first (salve, stacking, affs etc..) then mastering each of your four classes before class hopping into a very expensive fifth class.
    Fair enough. 

• Rangor said:
    Borran, clhelp files in Eleusis is supposed to be that, but hard to find people that are interested and capable of keeping them up to date. I know I don't have the time or will for it anymore at least. 
    It's hard to keep up when the affliction effects change, those that are focus able change, and basic curing mechanics seem to shift quarterly. But since this is a project I want to undertake anyways, maybe I'll try to position myself to help out with this. 

• I still want to be a Jester.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited August 2016
    Speaking of eleusian helpfiles and jesters. Ahem.

ETA: I wonder if more than two people who rarely view forums will get that, actually :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • Borran said:
    @Borran : From what I know of you.. I'd recommend trying to understand the basics of Achaean combat first (salve, stacking, affs etc..) then mastering each of your four classes before class hopping into a very expensive fifth class.
    Fair enough. 
    I am going to trade in Magi.I only wanted it for retardation/Cataclysm but Loosis rarely seems to need ret, and there are never enough magi around for cat.

• Or maybe Sylvan... I don't know. 

• Borran said:
    Borran said:
    @Borran : From what I know of you.. I'd recommend trying to understand the basics of Achaean combat first (salve, stacking, affs etc..) then mastering each of your four classes before class hopping into a very expensive fifth class.
    Fair enough. 
    I am going to trade in Magi.I only wanted it for retardation/Cataclysm but Loosis rarely seems to need ret, and there are never enough magi around for cat.
    Or you can keep magi and come to Ashtan to join the new CataCrew (tm) 
  • Devotion looks appealing too. 

I wish they'd allow you to have dormant classes.

• Dairon said:
    Borran said:
    Borran said:
    Fair enough. 
    Or you can keep magi and come to Ashtan to join the new CataCrew (tm) 
    Tempting.. Occie looks fun.

My ranking of Factional classes: Priest>Occie>Sylvan>Paladin>Infernal>Alchemist>Sentinel>Apostate>Druid

I used to just make alts, but now it's more cost effective to multiclass and class switch.

• Maybe I'll just  make alts for the different factions.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Alchemists is faction?

• Loosis can't has them, so they are Factional in the eyes of a Loosian.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Interesting.

• Changed Magi to Jester. 2000 lessons short. Will begin the grind to tri-trans.

• Borran said:
    Changed Magi to Jester. 2000 lessons short. Will begin the grind to tri-trans.
    Biggest mistake of your liiiiiife