New York City!!

Comments

• We would never get tickets to Hamilton. I'm in just need firm details. 
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    challenge accepted

i'll be poor but i'll try

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Just because I was curious, I looked through ticket master to see about tickets - on the date I picked (Sunday), there was literally no tickets for sale, and resale was $771. Yeaaaah no. I mean, if one of you guys can produce miracles, go for it.

The dates are still the 4th/5th to the 7th/8th of August (I'll be arriving either on the 3rd or 4th, but in the evening since my cousin works during the day - so probably the 4th, since this is meant to be a weekend thing). So at the least, Friday-Sunday. I'll be here through the whole of that next week, but the meet itself is only planned for those dates. I imagine we'll meet up beginning Friday (during the day if peeps can get off work, if not, then during the evening), and go forward from there.

I don't think we have any firm date/times for anything beyond Les Mis for right now (which is Sunday), and likely will be winging it depending on who shows up and what we want to do. Some plans/ideas include dinner(at the restaurant Aegoth is making a reservation to)/comedy club/karaoke, at the least. There's tons of parks or museums to see. The world is our oyster. Whoever shows up gets to make suggestions and we'll go with it and just have fun!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    yes... i'll probably be trying to get wing tickets student tickets or some other janky tickets for both les mis and hamilton for the 4th through the 10th :P khehe

• Yeah Lin Manuel Miranda and Leslie Odom Jr are not going to be in Hamilton after some time in July, so the ticket prices are gonna plummet sooner or later, but they are still insanely expensive for now :open_mouth:
    Too bad, I'd force myself there just to see Hamilton! I love it so much XD

• Work stuff is starting to get in the way, but there's still a solid chance I'll be there.
    Update from Aegoth:

"Dinner reservations for 10 people (can probably squeeze in 2-3 more anyway if people pop up randomly) at Gallagher's are for 6:15pm on Saturday, August 6th. We'll also (depending on when we finish) be going to the Comedy Cellar for either the 9:15 or the 10:30 show. So I'm thinking we'll do pre-dinner Karaoke around 3pm. I'll look for a good karaoke venue."

Rough outline of our Saturday, but plans can absolutely be shifted around (beyond the reservation anyway). We're also apparently on our own to get organized for Les Mis tickets on Sunday, since Aegoth can't go. Did you still want to go, @Szanthax or anyone else? If not, I'll save the trip for something to do with my cousin. If so, we need to try and get it sorted before too long!

I figure a lot of us are probably into Pokemon Go, so I imagine we can spend some of our time wandering around (at whenever intervals present themselves) catching Pokemon around the city, or maybe in some of the parks.

Lastly, if anyone is on facebook but not in the NYC group yet, feel free to PM me and I'll get you sorted in.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    @Melodie I dunno if i'll be able to do les mis but i'll want to... I'll probably wait and see if i can get last minute tics or something. So I got my hotel room. I'm no in manhatten but i'm in queens the first exit from manhatten. I have a king bed probably have room for 1 or 2 or 3 if people need a place to crash. not looking for anything in terms of retribution but come have some funs :) (please dont rob me :()

Yeah, we were talking about trying the ticket lottery/last minute tickets thing too. I'd really love to hit Les Mis but if it's too much for our budgets, might just do whatever cheap gets us.
    Melodie said:
    Yeah, we were talking about trying the ticket lottery/last minute tickets thing too. I'd really love to hit Les Mis but if it's too much for our budgets, might just do whatever cheap gets us.
    I can get les mis for around 92 or so.

• To rich for me sadly. 
    $92? Yeah way too much. Last I was looking at tickets, was ranging from like $35-$60 or so (for the further back seats).
    Melodie said:
    $92? Yeah way too much. Last I was looking at tickets, was ranging from like $35-$60 or so (for the further back seats).
    Oh... :( these were orchestra. I didn't try looking for the dirt cheap but I'd be down for it :):)

Alas, most of us are on tight budgets! I wouldn't be offended if you wanted a better ticket.
    Melodie said:
    Alas, most of us are on tight budgets! I wouldn't be offended if you wanted a better ticket.
    I'm also on a tight budget ... Hence the 89 a night "hotel" room

Another thing from Aegoth:

"Oh guys, since I have gotten a few questions about it: Dinner at Gallagher's [the place our reservation is at] is going to be pricey. The menu can be found here. Please check it out. If it's beyond too many people's budget, I have no problems choosing a cheaper venue! I chose the place because I'm a fancy shmuck."
    Melodie said:
    Another thing from Aegoth:

"Oh guys, since I have gotten a few questions about it: Dinner at Gallagher's [the place our reservation is at] is going to be pricey. The menu can be found here. Please check it out. If it's beyond too many people's budget, I have no problems choosing a cheaper venue! I chose the place because I'm a fancy shmuck."
    translation: You are in NYC for a week... enjoy your one meal...

After talking with him about it, he sighed very sadly but agreed to look for other venues. Cause yeah, $9 for fries better be the best damn fries on the whole damn planet.
    well i love steak so i'd eat at the best damn steak place in the world and pay whatever for it... but.. it'd just be the 3 of us lol.

"Dinner reservations changed to West Side Steakhouse at 5:30PM. Check out the menu beforehand so you can plan ahead! It's half the price of Gallagher's. :)"
  • I am maybe going.
    Melodie said:
    "Dinner reservations changed to West Side Steakhouse at 5:30PM. Check out the menu beforehand so you can plan ahead! It's half the price of Gallagher's. :)"
    I like the menu because it has stuff that everyone can buy... I thoughtg I wrote this already...

Leviticus said:
    I am maybe going.
    Make sure to bring your wifie too. Girl power.
    Omg do we have achaean families going??? I wanna give goodie bags to people I meet from achaea. I'm going by myself... Just for this... Have like 1 plan for a week. Someone entertain me :P

Soon excited. Anyone going to Lombardis? I know some peeps so I have to go. Depending if they meet me there I get front of line pass. Also I'm staying one block from the projects lol awesome.

No plans to as of yet, but two weeks allows a lot of openings! Budget less so maybe. Spent a bit more than I expected on some shoes/socks/pants to prepare for the trip. We'll see what's up.

Getting excited though. Just a couple last things to square away before the flight next week. Looking forward to meeting y'all. :)
  • I only have Saturday off unless people are around Wednesday. 
  • For those of you going, please message me on forums for my number so we can keep in touch and communicate!
    Welcome back userban

Also... Anyone I meet in person I'll give some sort of gift in game too... I'm there longer than meet so remember that. It'll be something. I appreciate all of you. Let's unite as a community :)