Hooray Display Cases and racks!

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
A miniature display arena - 3 Mayan Crowns
   Place this display arena in your home and stash up to 25 of your battle figurines inside.
   From time to time the appearance of this arena might shift to display a different notable location.
   PLACE <arena>*
   PUT <battle figurine> IN <arena>*
   TAKE <battle figurine> FROM <arena>*
   LOOK <arena>
   LOOK <arena> <item id/item keyword/position>
      I.E:
        LOOK ARENA 12345 will show item #12345.
        LOOK ARENA IRONBEARD will show the Ironbeard figurine's description (if one is placed within).
        LOOK ARENA 5 will show the 5th item.
   GET <arena>*
   Note: Battle figurines will not fight in this arena.

A sturdy display case - 2 Mayan Crowns
   Do you have a range of collectible items that don't fall under the weapons, clothes, or figurine titles?
   Place this display case in your home and put up to 25 of your treasures inside for all to admire.
   PLACE <case>*
   PUT <item> IN <case>*
   TAKE <item> FROM <case>*
   LOOK <case>
   LOOK <case> <item id/item keyword/position>
   GET <case>*

A wooden weapon rack - 2 Mayan Crowns
   Place this weapon rack in your home and store your weaponry for display upon its hooks.
   Maximum capacity is 25.
   PLACE <rack>*
   PUT <weapon> IN <rack>*
   TAKE <weapon> FROM <rack>*
   LOOK <rack>
   LOOK <rack> <item id/item keyword/position>
   GET <rack>*

A featureless mannequin - 2 Mayan Crowns
   Display the very best of your fashionable or functional work upon this featureless mannequin.
   PUT <clothing/jewellery item> IN MANNEQUIN*
Question time!

1) Are the displayed items rendered non-decay or do we still have to non-decay them?

2) How many items can the mannequin hold? I've received like, jewellery and stuff as prizes, but it seems a bit ambiguous whether I can store them ini the case or if I have to use the mannequin

Comments

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Will the items placed inside the case be able to be removed by anyone, or just yourself?

If items placed inside the case can be removed by anyone, is it possible to make items resetting to that case?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Did... Someone say humgii??

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Jurixe said:
    Will the items placed inside the case be able to be removed by anyone, or just yourself?

If items placed inside the case can be removed by anyone, is it possible to make items resetting to that case?
    Items placed in the case are removable only by the owner. The case itself can also only be relocated by the owner. 

• Going to guess things inside the case still decay at normal rates?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Now that I've purchased and fiddled with one myself, I have a few things:

When PLACE'd, will the case still reset to your inventory randomly?

Also, this following the old furniture rules in needing to be PLACE'd is really awkward when you have a shared family home. So while I can drop things around the house, get things reset etc, furniture (including this case apparently) still needs to be handled by the owner. And in this case, it won't work since the case belongs to me, not the owner. Can this particular feature be adjusted in some way to not have that condition, at least for these Shop of Wonders items, or just otherwise have the feature deleted from the cases/racks/whatever and made to function like a non-furniture item?

I know at the moment you can't interact with items within the case itself - could that be a potential thing to be added?

Can you put items that already are resetting to you in the case, and they stay in there? Or will the item still return to you?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Would really love a portable version of these. A case you can carry about things in and give to people to look at the contents, however, only the owner can take items out of it. Would be a boon for people who just want to show off their items but don't have a house in their name. Tailors can show off entire outfits at once to buyers, chef's entire menus... Mmmmm...
    The cases, dummies etc are all great features but I kinda wish they could be made shareable by your allies or org owned, mainly because I love the idea of having weapon racks at home for the fighter types in my family to use but for me personally...I never use any particular weapons, so there's not much point. Same with the stables, but I recognise I might be asking for more than is possible.

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• It doesn't reset to you, things that do reset to you don't stay in the case (Can we fix this please?) 
  • 1. Display items are not changed in any way (in terms of decaying status) when placed in a case/rack.

2. Mannequin has a maximum capacity of 25 items.

3. Case will not reset to you once placed.

4. Interacting with things inside other things is not possible with the current system. Best we can offer is the detailed view of (Via the commands noted in the post.)

5. Items resetting out of cases might be problematic. We will look into this.

6. Due to the generally untrustworthy and dastardly nature of the Achaean population, shared permissions is not currently on offer. (We might look into this with future clan housing expansions.)
  • Nicola said:
    1. Display items are not changed in any way (in terms of decaying status) when placed in a case/rack.

2. Mannequin has a maximum capacity of 25 items.

3. Case will not reset to you once placed.

4. Interacting with things inside other things is not possible with the current system. Best we can offer is the detailed view of (Via the commands noted in the post.)

5. Items resetting out of cases might be problematic. We will look into this.

6. Due to the generally untrustworthy and dastardly nature of the Achaean population, shared permissions is not currently on offer. (We might look into this with future clan housing expansions.)
    Are they only supposed to be visible when the case is open? (It is a glass case isn't it?) 

number 5 would be really great. The rest is as I expected for 2 crowns. 
  • edited August 2016
    If the case is closed, you cannot see what is inside. If the case is open, it still respects only allowing the owner to retrieve items.

(We're working to alter this right now.)
    What if the owner places something that is made resetting to someone else in the case? Will it still reset? It would be nice to have the option to set up temporary exhibitions and for the exhibitors to not have to worry about the trustworthiness of the case owner.