Philosopher Stone

So I moved to Achaea recently after retiring a character from another IRE game (awesome choice by the way, I love it here) and made the new character an Alchemist. I truly love the class and how amazing the RP of the class melds with Hashan and the Krymenian Academy. That being said, after transing all of my guild skills, I feel a bit let down by the Philosopher Stone. I was chomping at the bit to embrace class so I could learn it and when I finally finished formulation and transmutated a stone, I didn't notice a single change. Did I miss something somewhere?

Comments

• It used to be, before tradeskills were split off, the Philosopher Stone gave Alchemists some nice bonuses to minerals and potash consumption. After the split, these benefits were removed, and nothing was done to the skill that I know of.
  • Philosopher's Stone lets you amalgamate balance/eqless-ly.
  • Armali said:
    Philosopher's Stone lets you amalgamate balance/eqless-ly.
    That's pretty huge, then. Formulation seemed unnecessary when I as alch, but it's Def very cool and I'm sure @Elsam will learn some sweet uses for it.
  • Honestly, for a trans skill I feel Philosophers stone is a bit of a let down. It's nice to be able to just amalgamate everything in a matter of seconds, but for a TRANS skill? It's like bad pizza,  I mean cool, I got to have pizza, but it didn't really hit the spot.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Bad pizza is like bad sex... It's still good

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Szanthax said:
    Well @Szanthax

There's semi-bad (psychadelic-inducing) pizza

And you've got just plain bad (week-old-refridgerated) pizza

But then there's -really- bad (marmite-stuffed-crust) pizza
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Szanthax said:
    Well @Szanthax

There's semi-bad (psychadelic-inducing) pizza

And you've got just plain bad (week-old-refridgerated) pizza

But then there's -really- bad (marmite-stuffed-crust) pizza
    Oi, nothing is wrong with marmite! Mmm, I miss my younger days of marmite sandwhiches.