Names

Comments

• Nellaundra is a corruption of a world name from another MUD that I played and went caput long ago.  I basically learned to roleplay there, so I took their name and twisted a bit.  Never forget <3
  • @Kyrra

You need glasses. :P

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Daslin was a nickname a friend gave me a long time ago. Can't remember why, I wasn't dazzling or anything. Just kinda stuck, been my name for EVERY game I've ever played.If you see a Daslin, it'll likely be me.

Also, Daslin is a perfectly neutral name, I can be evil or good. It's nice.
  • Trilliana was a name I got randomly in HS when I was on a poetry website and was asking for nicknames. My friend said Trilliana and it stuck. Later I asked her how she came up with it and she was all 'Because Trillian went off saying I had an IM so I went with it' >.<

Either way, I stuck with it, wrote a story about it. She was supposed to be evil, but I'm way too nice to stay evil (Though @Nizaris knows the truth of how Evil Trilli can be >.> )

Made a few alts, never really had much problems until I made my alt that went to Mhaldor (and got purged D:) Then again with a bard I made.
    meh

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I trawled through the name generator website looking for something I could use, and just modified it to something that I liked. I wanted a relatively simple name, but not overly feminine, and slightly unique-looking. So somehow Jurixe came about!

I always thought pronouncing it was pretty straightforward (joo-reeks) but I've heard so many different variations since then.

Also, slightly off-topic but re: the newbie harassers, the admin have said before in another thread that you can report people like these to the admin to look into it. If you'd rather they not know that you issued them, I believe an issue me with the name of the character works fine as well. I've thankfully escaped that sort of attention on my main character, though one of my (short-lived) alts did run into one or two.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Jurixe: I always pronounced your name "jur-IX-ee". Interesting.

@Trilliana: Aww. She got purged? Damn. Ok, so here's to trying to convert Trilli.

• Synbios was the name of the protagonist from an old Sega Saturn RPG. I loved that game a lot, so I kept it as my online moniker.

• AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited December 2012
    The name 'Alcinae' came from Alcinous, king of the Phaeacians (and Nausicaa's father) in the Odyssey (one of my favorite, all-time, god-tier epics), who hosts Odysseus  within his palace in Scheria.

Edit: Wrong info, he didn't give him a bag of winds. That's someone else (Aeolus)
  • Zeon because it was short, sweet, and easy to pronounce unlike most things in Achaea.

Looking back, I should have given myself a nice 12+ letter name, with a weird/ambiguous cacophony of vowels in the 1-3 index range, as to not be easily targetable.

Something like Deaeclaronalis.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:
    Looking back, I should have given myself a nice 12+ letter name, with a weird/ambiguous cacophony of vowels in the 1-3 index range, as to not be easily targetable.

Something like Deaeclaronalis.
    Just that on its own won't be enough. Targeting "Dea" is easy. You should also make the first 3 or 4 letters something that's likely to match lots of names.
  • Yeah I figured D and De are both pretty popular and I know that I often flip vowels when typing names like that, so Dea is easily mistyped Dae. (at least in my experience)

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Pro-tip: Randomly send all the other Naga tells with stupid premises. 5% chance they'll accidentally REPLY some important information to you.
  • Tvistor said:
    Pro-tip: Randomly send all the other Naga tells with stupid premises. 5% chance they'll accidentally REPLY some important information to you.
    I was screwed over enough times by reply long ago to EVER use it now.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Katzchen said:

Just the other day Cain gave Katia 50 steel bars instead of me. I must be strange, because I feel compelled to type out the full name... though I think I'd hesitate at Deaeclaronalis.

I have gotten rather quick at typing 't earionduil' though, it just rolls off the fingers now, and that's pretty long. Guess he raids us too much. :P 

Ydachikachishiroul isn't so hard to type once you've practiced.

• I wanted the name Slade but it was taken so I searched and came up with this name.
  • edited December 2012
    My name's origin should be pretty obvious to anyone who has ever played DoTA. ;) To those who don't, Jakiro's a Twin-Headed Dragon, one of the heroes in the Sentinels. 'Twas an added plus when I learned that you could go Dragon at 99... (maybe now that Ashaxei's dead, we can start making twin-headed dragons? *wink wink*)

My OOC decision to join the Sents was purely to reference this. xD (don't oust me plz). :o3

P.S. I suck at name making.
  • Morro's first name has no cool story. I just took sounds I like and smooshed them together. :\ Her middle name, Donata, was given by @Amunet complete with a neat little backstory, and her last name has gone through slight changes over the years due to little shifts in family dynamic and RP stuff.
  • EilonaEilona United Kingdom
    I'm not at all creative with names. I tend to just  go to a baby names website and see what I like. Eilona is a Hebrew name which means oak tree.
  • One day I was with a group of friends reading about the origins of our names. Turns out "Raymond" comes from "ragin mund" meaning wise hand. This Ginmund was named.
  • Bluef said:
    Bluef was Bluefairy in the Trial of Rebirth. Yeah, that should tell you how much I'd played a MUD or roleplayed before Flair dragged me into Achaea one weekend.
    I'd always wondered about this but never dared to ask!

Favonius is the Roman god of the western wind and flowers (go figure!) and is also a type of butterfly (on which Fav's wings are based - particularly the eye patterns at the bottom).

I think @Yerf was the first to call him "Fav" and now almost everyone does (except @Delphinus for whom it's still "Mr. Stormcrow-Xanatov").

Looking back, I'm amazed at how much thought I'd put into that, given how much of a dumbass I was about roleplaying - Fav is the first character I made on Achaea and the only one I've ever stuck with on any MUD (my previous MUD experiences involved logging on, creating a character and then giving up an hour later!)
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Carmain was a throwaway alt at the time.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Panpardus is a combination of binomial names for a Leopard.

Panthera Pardus.
  • Corruption of Tanar'ri, a category of demons in D&D. Ironic. Was 17 when I made it, was the third or fourth character I'd made with similar names that were bastardized from obscure words from books. Didn't like mage, serpent, or paladin, monk stuck.

Al'Jafri I added in college, wanted a vaguely middle-eastern name to go along with Shallamese roots. Straight-up stole the surname of a Pakistani buddy of mine.