Undead Rebellion/War

Comments

• SharaShara Midlands
    edited July 2016
    Grandue forum RPing isn't metagaming though. He didn't perpetuate anything IC. I mentioned that in my post. Saying he did something he didn't do here afterward, and incorrectly, isn't metagaming. It's just being wrong. That's what I'm trying to point out. You can hate the guy all you want, but I don't want to further any false information OOCly.

As for not telling anyone that a mechanic that existed since day one was still working: Why should I have to tell everyone that something isn't broken? They all figured it out or wasted their beacons in a defeat. There wasn't an access buddy code you had to enter to gain the defense point. You just had to play the game and defend. 

Also wasn't picking on your word choice. Just having a laugh. This thread needs some levity.  

• Shirszae said:
    I don't think you get the difference between IC information and OOC game mechanics, but thats alright.
    I think I do. But that's ok.
  • @Shara I've been saying (from memory) that he was making claims of it and supposedly had done it.

I'm aware you said that didn't, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing. He still has tried to claim it.

The alliance etc with Bella I honestly don't care about.
  • SharaShara Midlands
    Skarash said:

This definitely bears repeating, Shara stepped up in a big way - to go from non-comm to general is like receiving a phone call at home and being asked to pitch in a playoff baseball game for the Yankees - and considering how well she did - pitching a no-hitter. (okay maybe its more like the college playoffs but she still pitched a no hitter)
    Aww, baseball references. YOU HEAR THAT @Regi?!

And thank you, Skarashy for all the help with maths, tower tickering, and strategy critique. Most hopeful! 
  • edited July 2016
    Never mind
  • Im sorry Dairon, but any game that requires and expects players to try and trick and hold mechinacs information from one another...isnt an environment healthy for anyone or any game.
  • edited July 2016
    Bleak said:
    So to conclude things:

-the event was fun
    -Grandue is making things awkward for Ashtan
    -Eleusis uses auto-sniping
    -Alrena gave away points on purpose, ruining the point of a game like this
    -The admins where learning on the fly
    -the event was fun

again next week?
    perfect summary. Close thread now plz? It's just making me angry.
  • If we ever did, it would have been as a result of aforementioned dodgy miscommunication.
  • Nah i doubt villages will be involved. Likely just a Nish thing
  • Asmodron said:
    Im sorry Dairon, but any game that requires and expects players to try and trick and hold mechinacs information from one another...isnt an environment healthy for anyone or any game.
    I totally agree - holding back mechanics is definitely not in the best interest of the playerbase. But this wasn't holding anything back. People had access to the same sources of information but they simply chose to believe what they heard instead of doing the mathmatics. I was also under the impression that defences did not award points. I ignored the points that my medallion showed. 

Achaea has had a history of holding back mechanics. I remember when specific class skills weren't shared to the public and you needed to join that specific guild to learn them. That was a bad thing, and Im glad that it isnt a part of the game anymore. 

• A few comments: I said this in my original novel of a post back on page 15, but in my opinion it's never okay when you're playing a game to knowingly let your opponents operate under a false set of rules and act like you're being strategic and sneaky. That's GREAT in character. Admin stuff and game mechanics are OOC in my opinion. It is a shitty thing to do OOCly and those who engaged in it should own up instead of dancing around and using IC excuses. All things regarding issues and rules should be openly communicated BY THE ADMINS first and foremost, but if they won't step up it's on us city leaders to get together OOCly and work it out so everyone can enjoy the fun.

AND also, I'm not sure if it's been said but for the love of all things, the next version of this event PLEASE more than one general. I had fun but absolutely felt burnt out by day 3's end.

• While village control would be really cool having this as a mainland things runs a lot of risk  of people getting caught in crossfire. Newbs walking into the wrong area.

I think you would definitely need to have,  whatever this mechanic leads into, on a different plane. Think Nishnantoba icon wars but with hour long engagements instead of 24hour marathons (though I think many people wouldn't bat an eye at this time frame anymore).

I would be interested to see and overlay of energy corresponding with the villages of the prime material plane. Alchemists teach us how to fold the ether in a way we can now enter these pockets and quickly jump between them. Controlling them grants.. something to the orgs.

Pretty much a mix of landmarking, icon and the spiritrealms. 
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    That's the point of the battlefield realm, though. The UW is the UW, so we could all skirmish and gank each other before you entered the battlefield, but if it took place on the prime, normal PK rules apply until you actually enter. I'm sure there'd be some collateral damage, just like there is in raids, but I think the whole point of this system is to test-run a war system than CAN be used on the prime, in locations that people care about, without the obvious drawbacks that "war" currently comes with in Achaea.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Tahquil said:
    While village control would be really cool having this as a mainland things runs a lot of risk  of people getting caught in crossfire. Newbs walking into the wrong area.

I think you would definitely need to have,  whatever this mechanic leads into, on a different plane. Think Nishnantoba icon wars but with hour long engagements instead of 24hour marathons (though I think many people wouldn't bat an eye at this time frame anymore).

I would be interested to see and overlay of energy corresponding with the villages of the prime material plane. Alchemists teach us how to fold the ether in a way we can now enter these pockets and quickly jump between them. Controlling them grants.. something to the orgs.

Pretty much a mix of landmarking, icon and the spiritrealms. 

Easy fix : Normal PK rules apply until you're in the battlefield.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Well, yeah. If we weren't in Underworld I'm sure that would have been the case. 

• Would be eager to try it with normal Pk rules applying, would be interesting.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited July 2016
    Alrena said:

tl;dr: Alrena is a Treacherous Bitch(tm).
    So proud of the new Insidium generation! :cookie:
  • If that makes you proud, you're a dick. 
  • Yeah you're right I should kill some noncoms and spend 8 hours a day abusing veil to annoy people instead.
  • We're locked in a circle. I keep attacking Mhaldor because you act like a dick, you act like a dick because I attack Mhaldor. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Bleak said:
    We're locked in a circle. I keep attacking Mhaldor because you act like a dick, you act like a dick because I attack Mhaldor. 
    So be the better man or continue being a dick and attacking Mhaldor, the choice is yours.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I know it was buggy, but I really appreciated that they tried to involve non or low-combatants in the resource gathering part. Even the novices could be assigned rooms to sit in and wait for items to pop or trek out to Ulangi to give out pamphlets or grab comms.  
  • What a fascinating discussion this is leading into :)
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    I just read Bleak's posts as if he's the new Ernam and don't take them seriously. Makes reading them so much better