Undead Rebellion/War

Comments

• That's not to say I haven't used my time to do other shit. I did get city leader while waiting to be knighted... so there is that...

• Keorin said:
    Less dead then Targossas'!
    I don't think there ever was one of those, was there?
  • edited July 2016
    Xaden said:
    Deladan said:
    What you all got promised cool factional things.... Eleusis was only going to get a knighting ceremony done by kemnast... 
    Would fucking love this!!
    Specifically:

- Gerzson and Kemnast pledge to ensure that unlife does not spread further throughout the planes (and will actively attempt to prevent any others from doing so, although "cracks might always exist" etc.). <-- This was the big one we wanted.
    - Gerzson and Kemnast will not attempt to use the Soulbleed Nexus. At all. <-- This was the second big one we wanted.
    - Eleusian warriors who seek knighthood may choose to be knighted by Kemnast, in his role as lord of a knightly order, in a full knighthood ceremony with associated honours.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• @Alrena you can post the logs of our meeting and subsequent negotiations if you like. Not going to defend all this bullshit, the RP was there not something that was thrown together after the fact. 

@Shara news to me, love. Sorry you were rubbed the wrong way, I thought you did fantastic and that is why I promoted you. You asked me to negotiate with Alrena and I came through and then you stopped responding to tells when I needed on the fly answers. I know you had 6 people sending you tells so it was a high stress situation and I know you don't know everything that was taking place, but damn you could have told me you felt my tells were rude. 

Lies an deception toward your enemy in a war, woe is me how utterly shitty and poor RP that is. How in the hell is that metagaming, did you want everyone sharing all of the strategies all out in the open? 
  • Too bad about that different portal technology RP. If it weren't for that stellar roleplay that you definitely though was cool and fun to be a part of the time, your other stellar roleplay would have pulled you through. 
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Bruh just stop. @Shara worked her ass off and to my knowledge has went out of her way to never call you out on this kinda thing. If it were me calling you out, it'd be different if I called you out. I'm dramatic and I fight you like it's going out of style, but you're wrong here and someone who poured their heart into this after being reluctantly pushed forward to be in charge is calling you out. Don't try and gloss this over and steal her thunder.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Oh hold on, I have a log... well, a log sentence. Because I went to bed angry and forgot to log the rest of it when it happened.

Grandue tells you, " We will begin enemying all those who are directly working against the Seat of Chaos."

Perfectly legal, totally low.

No other city was contacting random rogues and Cyrenians to threaten enemy status for playing in the event no matter how badly they wanted their reward. And because I had a lease in the city, I was forced to bow out of the event entirely and not participate or otherwise forfeit some 144k gold in prepaid rent.

So yeah congrats for wanting to win so badly you decided that a bunch of non-comms were totally worth threatening over participation.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Not true. Targ was enemying people for participating too. I agree it's shitty, but it's why I never got into shopkeeping. You literally can't participate in conflict if you want to thrive
  • Megatron and Starscream are having another public shouting contest.

I wish I could say I was surprised.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    It's what we do best :+1:
  • We enemied for worldburn when it was 35 v 8 for the most part, or enemy to city when Eleusis was hitting defendable/shrines. I think I enemied some people to city after someone told me I wasn't allowed to enemy them because they were fighting in the Underworld and things can't leave the Underworld. It's mostly all taken care of now, though. 

i'm a rebel

• Jinsun said:
    Not true. Targ was enemying people for participating too. I agree it's shitty, but it's why I never got into shopkeeping. You literally can't participate in conflict if you want to thrive
    Yeah Targ was enemying for the war (which is dumb, imo) but they just started unenemying everyone that was enemied due to the event. I don't think, in Skye's example, it would have created an issue as it was always intended to be temporary. I imagine for totems and the like but I'm not entirely sure. Certainly didn't threaten people to pull out though, which I consider to be the main issue.
  • Skye said:
    Oh hold on, I have a log... well, a log sentence. Because I went to bed angry and forgot to log the rest of it when it happened.

Grandue tells you, " We will begin enemying all those who are directly working against the Seat of Chaos."

Perfectly legal, totally low.

No other city was contacting random rogues and Cyrenians to threaten enemy status for playing in the event no matter how badly they wanted their reward. And because I had a lease in the city, I was forced to bow out of the event entirely and not participate or otherwise forfeit some 144k gold in prepaid rent.

So yeah congrats for wanting to win so badly you decided that a bunch of non-comms were totally worth threatening over participation.

Were you enemied?
  • SharaShara Midlands
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, my broke ass, non-comm self got enemied to Targ and Aurora and so did my non-comm room securing pets. We got no tells or messages or warning that it was coming.

Both mine got overturned today, thanks by the way. I thought it was pretty shitty, but I didn't scream about it since I just had too much on my plate to give a single fuck. I heard other faction cities had been doing it so I was waiting for it to happen. Thus, my thanks Tesha and Ada for that. Shara does shop there... ya'll got cheap potash sometimes. Bless.

And on that note. I see no one actually got enemied to Ashtan, that I see in the last 4 logs. So... unless I'm wrong. At least we didn't actually go down that road. 

Edit: If I'd of seen it Skye, like I did with Gilt's enemy status. I would have brought it up to other city people for you. Shara wouldn't have thought we needed that, and knowing you rent from us, it would have caught my eye. If you ever have issues with one member of leadership, we have lots more you can talk to about it, honestly. We aren't a pyramid scheme.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Micaelis said:
    Jinsun said:
    Yeah Targ was enemying for the war (which is dumb, imo) but they just started unenemying everyone that was enemied due to the event. I don't think, in Skye's example, it would have created an issue as it was always intended to be temporary. I imagine for totems and the like but I'm not entirely sure. Certainly didn't threaten people to pull out though, which I consider to be the main issue.
    Yeah totally agree it's fucked up and I personally didn't participate in or advocate for that was just pointing out that other cities did do it to some extent and that it is inherently a risk of being a multi state shopkeeper in a war. (You wouldn't buy a franchise in Syria)
  • To be clear, we never believed Hashan was -trying- to make Ashtan win. Only that they were inadvertently doing so. My snide remarks were a combination of frustration and an attempt to point out they were helping their enemies and get that to stop.

There was definitely a three city alliance in defense of Ashtan due to Hashan's confusion as to whether Ashtan was gaining points from it. They thought there was a stalemate, but in reality they were feeding the faction that was most competitive with them points while only keeping points from the faction that was quite a bit behind.

I thought you were being sarcastic when you said you supported Ashtan, given how you said it. I assumed everyone was just being asshats to us to be asshats, though, given the interactions and the lack of benefit. I felt better when I realized the mistake they were operating under.
  • Grandue said:
    Keorin said:

In the last several hours of the event, Belladonna's faction mounted several assaults on Ashtan, in which they didn't even try to compete (their general was just standing in the room with Ashtani during the planting/battleground part), and then at the end they worked together against Eleusis' forces to get a final point to Ashtan. This became the source of how Ashtan claimed second.

It could have been stopped, particularly if a few factions worked together to take Ashtan's remaining territory, but that was hard with the bad information about defense points floating around, and I know personally I'd thought better of people then to actually do that sort of thing.
    Would probably make more sense if you were filled in on the background RP surrounding that. 

This wasn't a last minute plan, it was the plan all along. Belladonna was once a citizen of Ashtan and through her scheming and plotting she dealt a terrible blow to the Occultists and the city and betrayed the city's trust in pursuit of her own immortality. She slaughtered our citizens and the bodies piled up high before she was finally driven away to where she now currently resides. She had the audacity to ask Ashtan to help her in this war thinking we had forgotten her past transgressions. She is an enemy of the Seat of Chaos and I intended to return her sabotage and betrayal.  I met with Alrena earlier in the event to discuss Bella's faction and what I intended to do to the vampiress. We knew about the defense points and we spread rumors that they weren't working and I even instructed our General to not even tell our own faction members about this subterfuge because SURPRISE even our own people can't keep secrets. If a demi-god actually told Hashan that you didn't get points for defending then that was either an amazing coincidence or we fooled even them (but I doubt this even happened). I won't go into all the specifics of what loose alliances we formed in order to pull it off, but this wasn't a spur of the moment last ditch no-RP effort, it was planned and calculated and had centuries of RP rolled into the decision. The negotiations with Alrena were also intense and difficult and took a lot of navigating before everything was laid out and agreed upon, it isn't easy getting a faction to agree to betray their undead host so that a city they aren't a part of can get some sweet payback on the slut of the Underworld. It was just as much a strategy to win that phase of the war as it was a strategy to get revenge on Belladonna and prevent Eleusis and Targossas from getting a boon.

What is this RP you speak of...cause 90% of the event was basically ignoring it >>
  • edited July 2016
    @Regi It's all cool. I was annoyed before, but knowing you got false info from an issue and all makes it more understandable.
  • @Regi I did tell you about the defense points a few times, in character, but you always dismissed them and said they didn't count. I even literally said "Ashtan believes defense points does count" to you. I wasn't entirely sure myself until Aegoth confirmed Ashtan was gaining points. I think in that regard I was being honest, at least. As for the beacons, like I said, I had no idea they wouldn't work for others, I thought that was the whole point of them dropping on death.

I do agree the event would have turned out very differently had the system been a lot more transparent, and the mechanics a bit easier to understand. Bella might not have lost her first assault if so. 
  • SharaShara Midlands
    Alrena said:
    @Regi I did tell you about the defense points a few times, in character, but you always dismissed them and said they didn't count. I even literally said "Ashtan believes defense points does count" to you. I wasn't entirely sure myself until Aegoth confirmed Ashtan was gaining points. I think in that regard I was being honest, at least. As for the beacons, like I said, I had no idea they wouldn't work for others, I thought that was the whole point of them dropping on death.

I do agree the event would have turned out very differently had the system been a lot more transparent, and the mechanics a bit easier to understand. Bella might not have lost her first assault if so. 
    Yeah, that was likely because Shara was... not confirming nor exactly denying to him that defence points were back in. There were discussions and jokes about how Regi and Shara should call a phase of being "temporarily divorced" due to General duties. She's likely going to be sleeping in the doghouse a while... <3@Regi

• Guys guys guys, why do you all care? We all know that in the end no one really won, and Dominar or some such will just appear and swipe it all. ;)
  • Shara said:
    Alrena said:
    @Regi I did tell you about the defense points a few times, in character, but you always dismissed them and said they didn't count. I even literally said "Ashtan believes defense points does count" to you. I wasn't entirely sure myself until Aegoth confirmed Ashtan was gaining points. I think in that regard I was being honest, at least. As for the beacons, like I said, I had no idea they wouldn't work for others, I thought that was the whole point of them dropping on death.

Yeah, that was likely because Shara was... not confirming nor exactly denying to him that defence points were back in. There were discussions and jokes about how Regi and Shara should call a phase of being "temporarily divorced" due to General duties. She's likely going to be sleeping in the doghouse a while... <3@Regi

Can't believe you turned down offer of cake for this Chaote,@Regi. You cut me deep, real deep.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• I cut you deep a few times. Where's the love?

• Dunn said:
    I cut you deep a few times. Where's the love?
    U no I luv u, bbz. Dm me x
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Defenses counting makes zero sense to me. I don't mean from a logical perspective, in which case they do, but how they counted and it seemed as if no one officially ever knew about it until it was too late. Seems like a ridiculous mistake to make on anyone's part, as either it counted from the beginning and people were fed incorrect information, or it was changed sometime around the end of the first day and someone decided it wasn't an important distinction to make. Either scenario is a massive fail, and the person in question should feel bad and give all of Achaea a huge creditsale and/or double XP/Gold/Credits/Artefacts/Ships. <.<.