Nexus target echo?

Bear with me, I have the coding skills of a gnat. I'd like to be able to take house/city newbies hunting and we use a basic party targetting phrase. I can't get it to work in nexus. 

What would I do so that when I hit a button, I get: 

pt Target changed to (target). 

Comments

• I aint no expert in this new client they brought out, but I logged in with it just to test it out. This seemed to do what you're looking for, I think. Change 'say' to PT, obviously.

• I've got that in, but I don't understand the alias text. What do I do to call it? I was hoping to use the normal nexus targetting (tab key) and then set calling to a button or basic alias like pcall. 
  • Ah, that is done with 't <word>' which both changes your target, as well as calls the target change to your party. Let me go back in and work out what you want, shouldn't take a moment :p

• Nevermind, I hate JavaScript sorry. It's all so convoluted; I understand it, but writing it down into scripts is no bueno. The alias will work fine though, if you don't use tab to target with.

If you do that... Following from the alias, you can simply make a new keybind and put kill @target as the command for it. Replace 'kill' with whatever attack your class uses.

Again, to use the alias in that screenshot, you just do 't <word>' for example: t goblin, which will then change your target to goblin, and call out 'target changed to: goblin'

• edited July 2016
    Oh ok, that will work! Thank you! 
  • Cynlael said:
    shouldn't take a moment :p
    30 mins later....
    Cynlael said:
    Nevermind, I hate JavaScript sorry.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Shh, I tried to make it work but the way it's sent via GMCP makes it extraordinarily spammy. I tried workarounds, but they were clunky at best.

• Why don't you give it a try then, @Omor ? :)
  • Hahahahah I'm terrible at scripting. Almost everything I have is borrowed/given/hacked together from other things. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud