Family Names/RP - continued from derailment in Dais thread

1235»

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited April 2016
    That quote is about six months old, from a player who hasn't been active in four months, and predates Announce #4511 (which is the announcement of family clans).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Also, you missed the point, again, that Aristata is not a family you get into by blood relations. Not sure why this concept is so difficult for people to get.
  • Ilessia said:
    You can't extract the blood from their veins too. 
    Oh yes you most certainly can! :D
  • Just chalk it up to a mistake in not reading the entire thread and making assumptions. In what I -was- driving at, I'll stand by my opinion. Anything that's irrelevant or misinformed though is my bad. I haven't been around in about 8 years so 6 months seemed minor.  Don't mind me. 
  • As a person who was an Aristata, I didn't wear the name after I left Mhaldor. It wasn't really because I thought that I shouldn't though. It was because I didn't feel that I really belonged to that family anymore or that I wanted to affiliate myself with it in any way.

However, I think this. If, in real life, you are born or adopted into a family, you acquire their last name and you can't force them to change that. (Literally, you can't.) I think this is how it should be in game and people should be more careful about who they bloodline or adopt. Individuals that have taken a family name, whether disowned or not shouldn't be forced to change their name by the game or administration. This would negate any roleplay opportunities.

This is just my two cents though. I really don't care that much, but I think that the system works fine. I think that maybe you could create a bloodfeud system predicated on just this factor though.
  • People need to stop thinking that Aristata has anything at all to do with bloodlines. It doesn't. Who people adopt/bloodline has absolutely nothingto do with having the Aristata name. This warped thinking is what caused problems in the first place
  • I didn't say that it did, actually.
  • thought it was implied!
  • edited June 2016
    No, I was just saying that if you invite someone into a family, even if it has nothing to do with bloodlines, you run the risk of them keeping that title or family name when they leave. If that's to just piss you off, I think they could invent a bloodfeud system for that.

Incidentally, I think one of the things I miss most about Mhaldor is talking to Arador XD