How much gold per hour do you generate?

edited July 2016 in North of Thera
I'm just kind of curious how people stack up with gold generation via hunting, and if it's really as bad as people are saying with tons of people generating 100k per hour.

Please don't include any talisman generation, quest gold, corpse turning in, etc. Just straight up gold drops.

Comments

• I don't bash. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Wish there was a 'I just want to see the vote results' options. All my gold comes from seamonsters nowadays, which falls more or less under 'quests' and 'corpse turning'

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Dans mes rêves :anguished:

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I clicked the wrong vote in my own poll...sigh. I'm 70-80k.

• Are you estimating or have an actual tracker? I sit at like 250k/hr after Delos 120k/hr after uw but after I clear those and hit Annwyn or vertani I average out around 60-70k/hr.. If I finished all that in 45 min it'd look like 110k+ but I legitimately track it and it shows me it's really not as much  I think
  • edited July 2016
    My average was based on my average route of bashing over the course of an hour, not including UW cause it's not open right now so I can't test, and assumes I get Theran guards/Delos guards once.

Edit: *using a tracker

• About 50k when I can be bothered to hunt

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I'm hunting for Azatlan pieces, so spend large amounts of time hunting scrub level creatures on the western islands

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I notice theres no option for losing gold. I would pick that one.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Not counting quests and corpse turn-ins, I can get a few hundred per hour.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sena said:
    Not counting quests and corpse turn-ins, I can get a few hundred per hour.
    I hope you mean a few hundred sovereigns and not a few hundred thousand.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm only level 80, so it's definitely just a few hundred sovereigns. And that's before curative costs and such.
  • I do not hunt but generate gold off my trade skills.  :o
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Depends on what's free, but I suspect my average is in the 70k-range (Annwyn boosts it up a ton, Morindar brings it down!)
  • I'm -guessing- mine is 30-40k. Although, for the first time, I actually hit the gold ceiling and that makes me grumpy. I'm not even a dragon and Vertani and Sidhe were dropping "a few gold". Hmph!
  • Mine swings, but is something like 30-40k, maybe 50k as I get higher levels. I am finding a good upswing, though, in gold generation as a Bard the higher I get. The crits plus fast balance leaves me bashing pretty damn fast. 
  • Jhui said:
    Are you estimating or have an actual tracker? I sit at like 250k/hr after Delos 120k/hr after uw but after I clear those and hit Annwyn or vertani I average out around 60-70k/hr.. If I finished all that in 45 min it'd look like 110k+ but I legitimately track it and it shows me it's really not as much  I think
    I just went bashing for almost exactly 2 hours (give or take about 30 seconds). Started on 190,138 gold and finished on 360,066, so averaging about 85k/hour. I have two death's calls, though, so I can clear the higher gold areas like Annwyn or the lowest level of the graveyard twice in a row. With Underworld, I could just about push 100k/hour if I did DKs x2, Sidhe, Unsidhe.
  • Depends on where/how I bash. If I set up right and get a clean run through a couple of specific areas at a good speed and nobody bothers me about anything, then I can push 90k/hour. More often I'm lazy about it (or have to stop and check things for people, do city work etc.), so I get less. Not that I mind at this point, since it takes me longer to hit the cap that way.

Having a death's call definitely increases gold per hour, since a double-clear of Azdun Catacombs is very lucrative for the effort involved. It's not particularly useful at the Fissure, though, because wendigos and wraiths don't get resurrected by it.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Sarathai said:
    Depends on where/how I bash. If I set up right and get a clean run through a couple of specific areas at a good speed and nobody bothers me about anything, then I can push 90k/hour. More often I'm lazy about it (or have to stop and check things for people, do city work etc.), so I get less. Not that I mind at this point, since it takes me longer to hit the cap that way.

Having a death's call definitely increases gold per hour, since a double-clear of Azdun Catacombs is very lucrative for the effort involved. It's not particularly useful at the Fissure, though, because wendigos and wraiths don't get resurrected by it.
    That seeeeeeems like a bug.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Can you crit on wendigos and wraiths? If not, not a bug.
  • Antonius said:
    Can you crit on wendigos and wraiths? If not, not a bug.
    You can't, yeah. Death's call doesn't work on uncrittable things.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Thanks for the responses all.

Looks like we only had 1 liar (and my miss click) that skewed the results. I appreciate the feedback.

Started this thread because of how many people said dragons were all bashing 100k+ per hour easily, but I couldn't come close to that mark unless I cherry picked areas that I cleared in less than 10 minutes. Looks like no one can actually do that without the assistance of relics or rare minerals.

Thanks!

• Cooper said:
    Thanks for the responses all.

Looks like we only had 1 liar (and my miss click) that skewed the results. I appreciate the feedback.

Started this thread because of how many people said dragons were all bashing 100k+ per hour easily, but I couldn't come close to that mark unless I cherry picked areas that I cleared in less than 10 minutes. Looks like no one can actually do that without the assistance of relics or rare minerals.

Thanks!
    I think I'm lucky to break 40,000 gold an hour with my usual loop. But I'll take a closer look..

But similar to you, I don't necessarily pick my areas for better gold drops. But nowhere near the "100k an hour" assumption.
  • Most of my gold comes from running mining business. When i hunt it is for either the experience or for a task rather than the money.
  • Wow people seem to generate lots of coin! I only get around 500 gold per day ... darn gnolls never drop anything.
  • Before the cap, with a little effort I was doing between 50 and 60 k per hour. Hitting DKs and sidhe. If I really pushed it I'd still only be hitting 70k. No lucky or minerals or relics mind you.

Since the cap I'm not really arsed, so do about 40k strolling through Moghedu, tsol'aa village and dun fortress and this way I get to hunt for 4 hours before it feels like waste of time.

The funny thing about the cap and what not is that i was under the impression that lots of people were hitting close to 200k per hour consistently and that was the problem, I definitely didn't think the issue was people hitting my meager looking levels.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• What level pendant and gauntlet do you have Xaden?

• Cooper said:
    What level pendant and gauntlet do you have Xaden?
    level 2 pedant, strength gauntlet 1
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• There's a gold cap now? Can you get like x amount of gold per day or something? 
    Drot said:
    There's a gold cap now? Can you get like x amount of gold per day or something? 
    it's like 160k per IG month, I think.
    Huh. Neat.