Mudlet mapper problems

was looking for the decent place to put this

I seem to have hardcore problems with my mudlet, I think it's the mmapper, but everytime I follow someone who uses GOTO it locks up (Not Responding), and when a group of 3 or more hits my alertness it locks up the same way, I turned off the Svo people tracker and stuff, off with compression everything, still happening. I've uninstalled and wiped mudlet from my comp but it still happens. Any ideas would be great.

Comments

• QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    I have noticed the same issue just recently and it seems to be something with the alertness trigger. I've been meaning to try and take a look at it myself and see if I can figure it out with my somewhat limited coding knowledge but if I can't figure it out I'll get with someone who knows more with coding to get fixed if I can.

• Was the code for the alertness trigger ever updated to account for the message now including the direction? I think it still looks up the potential directions using the room name, which would be a lot slower (and get worse the more people hitting alertness at once). No reason to do that any more.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Antonius said:
    Was the code for the alertness trigger ever updated to account for the message now including the direction? I think it still looks up the potential directions using the room name, which would be a lot slower (and get worse the more people hitting alertness at once). No reason to do that any more.
    I took a cursory look and alertness is weird, both the script and how it hits when you're moving at the same time as people. End of story.
    Huh. Neat.
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    After a couple of hours of trying to figure out @Vadimuses coding in the trigger me and @Ahmet finally got it working and streamlined down so that it doesnt seem as heavy as it was. Should hopefully be in next mapper update

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Teamwork makes the dream work. :)

• thanks a lot guys
    Qwindor said:
    After a couple of hours of trying to figure out @Vadimuses coding in the trigger me and @Ahmet finally got it working and streamlined down so that it doesnt seem as heavy as it was. Should hopefully be in next mapper update
    Also should include support for custom colour echoes to replace those god-awful unreadable blue room echoes that echolink defaults to, for anyone who likes pretty colours.

Huh. Neat.
  • Okay, I'm running into weird problems with my mapper too. I finally deleted all things "map" and started over, but it didn't fix it. The downloads come in multiples. I get spammed in mudlet with multiple download prompts and where the files have been added. My map file always downloads two DAT files at once. And lately, the kicker is when I look up a specific room, I get incomplete info:

You know the following relevant rooms:
      Before the bridge to Delos (

I really have no idea how to fix this. Anyone more proficient with mudlet and the mapper have any suggestions?
  • I just restarted mudlet

• edited June 2016
    I already did that. Didn't fix anything.

-- Unless by "restarted" you mean deleted and did a clean install. But just a normal restart didn't do it.
  • Nataliia said:
    Okay, I'm running into weird problems with my mapper too. I finally deleted all things "map" and started over, but it didn't fix it. The downloads come in multiples. I get spammed in mudlet with multiple download prompts and where the files have been added. My map file always downloads two DAT files at once. And lately, the kicker is when I look up a specific room, I get incomplete info:

I really have no idea how to fix this. Anyone more proficient with mudlet and the mapper have any suggestions?

I sent almost this exact error to @Ahmet and he told me just closing and reopening mudlet should fix it. Haven't had a chance to test yet though.

Either way, paging @Ahmet.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    @Omor @NataliiaIf you're only getting one return of  something like rl or area list, it's a problem with the latest version that can be solved by just restarting mudlet. Shouldn't trouble you at any point past the first upgrade.

As far as the multiple things happening Nat, the likeliest culprit is that part (or all) of an older version of the mapper is still installed on your profile, which can interfere with that as well, and cause the other problems you mentioned. Check your scripts/timers window, or your package manager, and make sure you only have one copy of each mapper folder installed.
    Huh. Neat.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    okay uh... I keep getting this message:

"sysDownloadError",
      "Host ire-mudlet-mapping.github.io not found",
      "C:\\Users\\CraigMcCracken\\.config\\mudlet\\profiles\\Achaea/map downloads/MD5"

• Skye said:
    okay uh... I keep getting this message:

"sysDownloadError",
      "Host ire-mudlet-mapping.github.io not found",
      "C:\\Users\\CraigMcCracken\\.config\\mudlet\\profiles\\Achaea/map downloads/MD5"

Can you visit the site regularly in a browser?

http://ire-mudlet-mapping.github.io/ire-mapping-script/

If not, I would suspect network issues (DNS, ISP/work site filtering, some other nonsense).
    @Skye are you on 2.1?
    Huh. Neat.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    No I'm on 3.0. It seems to have stopped now. For whatever reason. Maybe Severina was right.

• I'll piggy back off this thread. I had this issue last week and fixed it, but it seems to have popped back up again, and duplicating my fix is not working.

I have three "where is person" methods -

Scry for
    Farsee
    Veilglance

Last week only Veilglance was returning a clickable room name / location. 

Uninstalled all and reinstalled it. Forced a system update. It fixed.

This week, after a crash, only Scry for is returning a clickable room name / location.

Uninstalled all and reinstalled, but this time it's not fixing it.

Any thoughts?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I'm having issues with my map after updating to epsilon. My understanding is that it's something to do with load order of map vs scripts causing the initialize function to error out when it's called.  no clue on a fix just yet, as I have a few attempts in progress, but if you click the last script in the mapper folder after loading mudlet, it should clear the lady bug error thingy and work. You can also try just rerunning that function called there after you form your map in your gui script.
  • Nataliia said:
    Okay, I'm running into weird problems with my mapper too. I finally deleted all things "map" and started over, but it didn't fix it. The downloads come in multiples. I get spammed in mudlet with multiple download prompts and where the files have been added. My map file always downloads two DAT files at once. And lately, the kicker is when I look up a specific room, I get incomplete info:

I have the same problem with new mudlet 3.0 epsilon after it audited my map data and fixed room names and such. It seems some field 'areatabler' starts uninitialised. But if I call the function mmp_regenerate_areas() (either at command input or through alias) then the problem goes away.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I have the same issue, have had it for ages, still on Delta.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • As a followup to this, running mmp.startup() in the script that initializes your map GUI(or anywhere after it initializes) seems to fix all the errors I was having. mmp_regenerate_areas() is ran off of this function as well.