Curing system?

There seems to be a real lack of any curing system discussion on the forums. 

Does everyone use the server side stuff now?

Comments

• Generally people make their own system if they have the ability to, which may manage server-side curing, or be wholly client-side (depending on ping). Alternately, they use one of either Wundersys or svof, depending on preferences (svof can be used client-side or server-side).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I'd guess that SVOF is probably the most common curing system, and it and it's counterpart, Wundersys, have been around long enough there's not much need to discuss them on forums anymore, and that's why you're not seeing it. SVOF is extremely user friendly and I recommend it, for the record, though.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited July 2016
    If you don't want to bother doing any coding, Svof is the way to go.

If you want to get your feet wet, go with WSys.

If you want to go balls elbow deep, use pure serverside and code your own prio-swapping logic.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    If you don't want to bother doing any coding, Svof is the way to go.

If you want to get your feet wet, go with WSys.

If you want to go balls elbow deep, use pure serverside and code your own prio-swapping logic.
    What all does SVOF do that is more than server-side for curing?  Would it be a huge project to re-create the curing?
  • Generally, making your own system is more trouble than it's worth and involves tons of hours of coding.

svof is fine and good/customizable enough to use in the upper echelons of combat (whatever that means).

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Generally, making your own system is more trouble than it's worth and involves tons of hours of coding.

svof is fine and good/customizable enough to use in the upper echelons of combat (whatever that means).
    I disagree, 100%. Making your own system is one of the best things you can do for yourself in terms of this game. Whether gaining the lines for all the classes, creating your own priority swaps, making your own retardation curing, and so on and forth. You will constant be refining it and you'll never have reason to bitch about SVOf or Wundersys updates not being released frequently and never be able to say 'Well I didnt know my system could/should do this. It really boned me.' 

Certainly, it's not easy to do, but I will never say it's more trouble than it's worth. I can recite at least 10 people off the top of my head who do top tier combat because they made their own system. It creates great situational and combat awareness and I try to tell every player at some point to learn how to build up their system with the help of others around them.

Nothing greater that when you complete your system and can start PKing and win.

But! If you're not really into that or think you're capable, SVO is great if you don't really want to do much to edit it. Wundersys is great for novice coders to start dabbling.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kythra said:
    Generally, making your own system is more trouble than it's worth and involves tons of hours of coding.

I disagree, 100%. Making your own system is one of the best things you can do for yourself in terms of this game. Whether gaining the lines for all the classes, creating your own priority swaps, making your own retardation curing, and so on and forth. You will constant be refining it and you'll never have reason to bitch about SVOf or Wundersys updates not being released frequently and never be able to say 'Well I didnt know my system could/should do this. It really boned me.' 

Certainly, it's not easy to do, but I will never say it's more trouble than it's worth. I can recite at least 10 people off the top of my head who do top tier combat because they made their own system. It creates great situational and combat awareness and I try to tell every player at some point to learn how to build up their system with the help of others around them.

But! If you're not really into that or think you're capable, SVO is great if you don't really want to do much to edit it. Wundersys is great for novice coders to start dabbling.
    Or, you know, you could contribute to something like svo or wsys, so you don't have to rebuild from nothing, but you also have the ability to fix things yourself and expand the systems as necessary. *shrug*
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Kythra said:
    Generally, making your own system is more trouble than it's worth and involves tons of hours of coding.

Or, you know, you could contribute to something like svo or wsys, so you don't have to rebuild from nothing, but you also have the ability to fix things yourself and expand the systems as necessary. *shrug*
    Even if you want to do Great Things(tm), Svo and wundersys are great but contributing does have barriers to entry in the form of submissions needing to be generally useful and/or fall within the consensus of what is appropriate combat logic by the maintainers. That's pretty much the case for any openish project like that. There's a lot of improvements and refinements that can be made that don't quite cut it for general inclusion in the system. It's one of the reasons I maintain a private svof branch for my own individual changes, and for experimentation.

If you're doing cool stuff that's generally applicable for everyone, then by all means send that PR.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    SVO is great to customise and build-upon, too. At least that is what I do. Though I am far from a good combatant, but I can't imagine any situation where I could not build up from what's there already.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Kythra said:

You can do all of what you listed with svof though (you couldn't with old svo). You can also add and remove and tweak lines as necessary, you don't have to wait for updates if you don't want.

• It's magnitudes easier to edit wsys than svo.

Re: contributing, I think a lot of combatants don't like sharing indiscriminately, so that's a big barrier to getting contributions there.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    i still maintain my own system but the main reason for that is that if something breaks i know exactly what i need to do to fix it. I feel a lot more comfortable on omnipave. I have tried wsys and svo/svof and i enjoy them both but whenever they need updating i just get frustrated and pee on my dog.

It is personal preference at the end of the day however, and i can understand why people don't want to invest the time into doing crazy things.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Kiet said:
    It's magnitudes easier to edit wsys than svo.

Re: contributing, I think a lot of combatants don't like sharing indiscriminately, so that's a big barrier to getting contributions there.
    Have tried to break that stigma.

More than happy to share strats/tactics. Would like to see more of it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Atalkez said:
    Kiet said:
    It's magnitudes easier to edit wsys than svo.

Have tried to break that stigma.

More than happy to share strats/tactics. Would like to see more of it.
    Yeah, Svo is a bit of a pain to work with. It's all about diving in and figuring out how it's set up, and you can always ask questions.

My phone, however, has a much lower opinion of Svo.

Huh. Neat.