Pokemon GO

Comments

• Elsam said:
    So I took over my first gym today. It was kind of a bummer experience because apparently the person who I bumped out was a six year old and he was heart broken. :(

•       

ALSO I AM SO SALTY, I WAS ON MY LUNCH BREAK AT WORK, A SNORLAX APPEARED, I GOT ONE POKEBALL OFF AND IT RAN. A FUCKING SNORLAX -RAN-.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    A Snorlax running away is bad, but just imagine seeing a Snorlax run -towards- you....

• Managed to successfully catch multiple Pokemon working two phones simultaneously while riding around with Marina on her break at work today.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Just had the only pikachu I've seen flee in the first ball. I'm super-sad.
    Huh. Neat.
  • No pokemon at Copenhagen airport. Lots of gyms and pokestop though.
  • Rangor said:
    No pokemon at Copenhagen airport. Lots of gyms and pokestop though.
      @Rangor If you can post on forums, you can wake up for the meeting! You know the one!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Worked my butt off on an Eevee to get it to 400CP. Evolved it into a Jolteon  expecting ~1100cp... but it was a 801cp. My wife finally gets her 25 candies and evolves her 245cp eevee, it's an 876 Flareon.

It's not fair! I'm 4 levels higher than her! What is their math?

• Borran said:
    Worked my butt off on an Eevee to get it to 400CP. Evolved it into a Jolteon  expecting ~1100cp... but it was a 801cp. My wife finally gets her 25 candies and evolves her 245cp eevee, it's an 876 Flareon.

It's not fair! I'm 4 levels higher than her! What is their math?
    It's based off of the original CP (or where the dot on the arc above the pokemon is) . A higher level eevee (or any pokemon that has an evolution), will have a higher CP after evolving than one that has been candied up. (I just woke up, don't mind the gibberish!).
    meh

• And down about 20 minutes after you posted.

• Marina and I are lucky. There's a restaurant literally behind our current apartment that is a gym, the park next to it has several pokestops, and down the street is a set of three overlapping pokestops, you can hit all of them if you sit on the sidewalk. Lure all three and heaven <3

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Glad to hear there's suggestions. Will definitely start picking out some locales, though I'm assuming picking your own private resident for anything isn't gonna fly unfortunately.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I live across the street from a library and next door to a park. I have never seen so many children climb into my yard. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Melodie said:
    Glad to hear there's suggestions. Will definitely start picking out some locales, though I'm assuming picking your own private resident for anything isn't gonna fly unfortunately.
    It will if your house is in the local registry of historic buildings! I registered mine during Ingress and now I live in a PokeStop lol
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited July 2016
    So there's a company out there developing a tool for those hard to reach places....

https://www.trndlabs.com/featured_item/pokedrone/

• edited July 2016
    Game is so fun and addictive. My neighbourhood is split into three turfs from the colours. Lots of people finding other friends to assault and defend with; got lots of new numbers to contact.

Been playing this a good 10 hours a day, but the massive issue with it is how easy it is to take down a gym.

There's a massive catch-22. To build prestige, it's easier to use lower level pokemon in the gym so you can beat them. But if you use lower level ones, they'll get knocked out easily.

Plus there's the issue that if you just took over a gym and you have one or two pokemon in it (with a friend), the moment someone attacks it, you're guaranteed to lose because they can use six pokemon.

The only solution here without a fix is being like 10x stronger than the attackers.

TL;DR: However many pokemon defending is how many should be allowed to attack.
    Why am I bitching about this here?

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Really doesn't matter the CP or number of Pokemon in a gym. As an attacker, will always win if you time your dodge to the defenders' attack cue: the "yellow flash":

• Does this work at higher levels? 

• edited July 2016
    Edit: Asked a question about a bug, found the answer after a bit of digging on google. Disregard.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • So, my daughter and I walked around for 90 minutes today and find none at all. Then i go out to get petrol and there is one sitting on my passenger seat.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited July 2016
    Charlotte is such a pretty city! Man I miss it and the rest of the state (even if I don't miss NC's shitty-ass government and conservative circle). I was not aware of the above, that's pretty amazing.

Also, I caught a Vulpix recently, and that pleases me immensely. Was always one of my favorites. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Charlotte is such a pretty city! Man I miss it and the rest of the state (even if I don't miss NC's shitty-ass government and conservative circle). I was not aware of the above, that's pretty amazing.

Also, I caught a Vulpix recently, and that pleases me immensely. Was always one of my favorites. 
    Tried to catch one three times so far. Caught a Ninetails instead.
    meh

• Tahquil said:
    One of the best ideas I have seen so far.

Other than grammar
  • Put the app on your own phone. It can be your special father daughter secret that won't land you in jail (maybe).