Bloodline Active

Trying to do family RP and attempting to track down people when there's about 200 of them and 150 or more is inactive is a pain, Plus it's always nice to know oh hey my uncle is active. The idea would be to add something on the side of the name like (active) or (*) or something of the such

Also possibly hide those who are inactive from the list. Allowing it to clear up.

Comments

• Family RP needs a lot of work, but I don't see how this is a step in the wrong direction, so I tentatively approve.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012

BLOODLINE SHOW <NAME>

BLOODLINE SHOW ACTIVE <NAME> ?

Would show everyone logged on within the past IG year, or whatever time limit they use currently to determine who is ranked or not.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Would approve of having the active option added in!

I find family trees fascinating, though the bloodlines in Achaea are downright horrific on some branches. It's still interesting to see how far you can trace someone's family back.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    delete bloodline
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    I'm with @Vayne on this one. I hate the fact that people can see all of my relatives just by typing one command; it doesn't make much sense. 

As for the OP, I approve. At least doing BLOODLINE SHOW ACTIVE AMUNET will be 99.9% empty. ;)
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Keeping your own family tree would be much better for roleplay and being able to discretely sweep those kids (or parents) that you wish you had the foresight to avoid under the rug.
  • Like the idea of making bloodlines unaccessible. Perhaps you could go back to the bloodline registry, and pay a denizen to 'look for' information on your own family? Otherwise bloodlines would be all but impossible to track when people go dormant.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    You can do that with backgrounds. Make them entirely private or only visible to allies.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Bloodline is fine as it is. But adding an ACTIVE version would really make it easier to see if any family members are around.
  • Just make bloodline visible only to the player.

And the marker to indicate activity/inactivity is a plus, too!