Help with Sylvan Lesson distribution, Traits and Artefacts

Hi everyone, I am looking to do some combat and have a few questions on building Sylvan.

So after tri-transing the class skills, should i move onwards to transing survival, and then avoidance? I am also thinking of transing riding too in that order.

And for traits what do you think of:
Major:
Quick-witted (faster eqbal)
Expert Diagnoser (check for affs)
Sticky Stirrups (staying mounted)
Brilliance (+1 int)
Robust (+1 sta)
Receptive body (hp sip?)

Minor:
Blissful ignorance (small chance to resist forced commands)
decorated (double the number of non-piercing jewelery)
Death's boon (lose less exp while soul)
meticulous care (reduced chance that Always on tattoos will fade)

What do you guys think of those traits? Can't decide on the Major ones

And I guess I should trans all my skills before buying artefacts right? And the first artefact should be aldar of diadem right? What other artefacts should i aim for in a particular order?

Thanks for the help!

Best Answers

Answers

• Sarathai said:
    Geulin said:
    Hi everyone, I am looking to do some combat and have a few questions on building Sylvan.

So after tri-transing the class skills, should i move onwards to transing survival, and then avoidance? I am also thinking of transing riding too in that order.

And for traits what do you think of:
    Major:
    Quick-witted (faster eqbal)
    Expert Diagnoser (check for affs)
    Sticky Stirrups (staying mounted)
    Brilliance (+1 int)
    Robust (+1 sta)
    Receptive body (hp sip?)

From that list, I'd go with Quick-witted, Brilliance, and one of your choice that doesn't conflict.

Minor:
    Blissful ignorance (small chance to resist forced commands)
    decorated (double the number of non-piercing jewelery)
    Death's boon (lose less exp while soul)
    meticulous care (reduced chance that Always on tattoos will fade)
    I don't know what the % reduction is for Meticulous Care, but I do use Death's Boon and Blissful Ignorance myself.

And I guess I should trans all my skills before buying artefacts right? And the first artefact should be aldar of diadem right? What other artefacts should i aim for in a particular order?
    Eh, yes and no. There are some skills you don't necessarily need at trans before getting arties, though tri-trans is usually recommended (along with Survival). You've got tri-trans, so that's taken care of. What arties you get will depend on exactly what you want to do (beyond "some combat"), but yes, an Aldar will be good regardless. Other stuff to look into would be sip rings, collar, +INT arties, and such.

What do you think of Expert Diagnoser? I heard it is good for checking afflictions. 

And what about Avoidance, is it worth the 300 credits to trans or should i trans around 3 mini skills instead like Philosophy and another 2 miniskills or even Vision?
  • Borran said:
    The good part about expert diagnoser, as I've been told, is if they have 2 afflictions with the same cure, they eat that cure, you can check for one of the afflictions and know which one they cured based on the response, then you can hit them with it again to keep it stuck.

That being said, I don't think Sylvans really need it.  Afflictions are only a part of what we do and our abilities do other things when they already have the affliction we're trying to give them.  
    Ah I see thanks!