Calling all Exploration Tome owners.

AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
So... I was all obsessive compulsive about checking my tome when going from area to area, and got tired of it (since they refuse to give us an upgraded version!). Instead, I went wayyyyyyyy overboard on scripting it and figured if I've done this much, I may as well adapt it for others, but I don't want to put in that effort unless there's actually some interest in it. So... paging @Penwize @Josoul @Gawi @Mindshell @Kellonius@Delphinus (maybe?) @Paine and whoever the hell else has one of these things.

Thoughts, any interest if it were available, outbursts of "what the fk are you doing with your life"? All acceptable.

(note this is for Mudlet)

Current features:
  • Auto-checks tome when changing areas (optional functionality for preventing dementia errors)
  • Stores your exploration counts locally
  • Very noticeable echoes when your tome count changes
  • Updates your exploration counts remotely in case of lost data
  • Easy-to-use, searchable and sortable viewing in-browser from anywhere
  • Changelog (with before/after counts and times for before/after checks), searchable by area
  • Svo prompt tag for explored count of the current area (optional)
Tracker page (dun open on mobile):

Changelog (inadvisable to open on mobile):

Planned features (mostly for me, but I guess I can share :P):
  • Making the pages look non-vomit-inducing (assuming there's any interest, I like them the way they are!)
  • Aliases to auto-open aforementioned pages
  • Auto-checking when mapping a new room? (maybe on room-name change too?)
  • Ability to mark your counts public and compare side-by-side with others?
  • Whatever the hell else I feel like or am asked to add

Whether or not there's interest, I'll be maintaining this script for myself and expanding it accordingly. Figure I'd open it up to other tome owners and see if there's any interest. Might even get a few good ideas or feedback from you lot :bleep_bloop:

Note: Your tome information won't ever be shared unless you want it to be public.

Anyway, Ahmet out.
Huh. Neat.

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    And yes, I realize now that I've posted this, they're going to release a tome upgrade that lists all your areas like Imperian sometime within the next seven days.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Definitely would be interested in something like this, I drive myself crazy wondering where I haven't explored yet (usually it's the obvious areas). Not sure what else you'd need but I'm not protective of my explorer's tome scores.
  • GawiGawi Washington
    edited June 2016
    What if you were to add the % explored into the... oh whats it called... the line that has your health and mana. Could that be done? That way you arn't getting a bunch of updated information each time you change rooms, you are just getting the same line that changes or whatnot. YES I WANT THIS AND I WANT MY OWN PAGE PLEASE. Right now I have my percentages saved in a notepad... yeah... haha.

Gawi said:
    What if you were to add the % explored into the... oh whats it called... the line that has your health and mana. Could that be done? That way you arn't getting a bunch of updated information each time you change rooms, you are just getting the same line that changes or whatnot. YES I WANT THIS AND I WANT MY OWN PAGE PLEASE. Right now I have my percentages saved in a notepad... yeah... haha.
    Ahmet said:
    • Svo prompt tag for explored count of the current area (optional)

Huh. Neat.
  • Interested.

Early versions of the script were sent out. Let me know if I missed you or if you run into any issues.
    Huh. Neat.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Szannuh wants

• KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    This is amazing. My life is fulfilled. 
  • Wait... Only just noticed this, but why the fuck is this in the combat section?
    Definitely didn't select this subforum. *shrug*
    Huh. Neat.
  • When you buy the Tome, is it retroactively understanding of what you've explored already, or do you basically reset yourself as far as the Tome is concerned?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Atalkez said:
    When you buy the Tome, is it retroactively understanding of what you've explored already, or do you basically reset yourself as far as the Tome is concerned?
    It's based on what you've already explored. The tome itself has no affect on exploration in any way.
    Huh. Neat.
  • GawiGawi Washington
    edited April 2017
    So @Ahmet ... how do you do the settings for this again? I totally forget. Also... anything new? Can we view others pages from a common page or anything yet?

• MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA
    Oh my glitter! Please, can there be a Nexus version?
    I don't do nexus, so no. Sorry @Madelyne! You'll have to convert to the mudlet masterrace.
    Huh. Neat.
  • MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA
    Ahmet said:
    I don't do nexus, so no. Sorry @Madelyne! You'll have to convert to the mudlet masterrace.
    No chance. I'm a Nexus gal, through and through.
  • GawiGawi Washington
    edited May 2017
    @Ahmet whaaa, no response to me? :(

@Gawi go here
    Huh. Neat.
  • this is beaut and I can't uses it waaaa