Achaea is life

Hey guys,

In August it is exactly 10 years since I started playing Achaea. Since then Achaea has been a huge part of my life. I got a fun story to share. 

So my main character Bleak started out in Mhaldor. But being the bad guy wasn't really my thing. So Bleak moved to Ashtan and the Ashura. There he met a boy named Thi. Bleak and Thi fell in love. It was a homosexual relationship, while in real life, I am hetrosexual. But it was in line with how my character rolled so I went with it as well. Fun RP stuff out of my comfort zone. For a few in game years we played together until one day Bleak and Thi got married. 

Quite soon after the marriage Thi said he had to talk to me OOC. This was quite a rare thing to happen with him, so I knew it was serious. He told me he had been lying a little to me. IRL he was actually a she. And Marianne (the player behind Thi) told me she lived in Switzerland. That is only a few hundred kilometers away from me. So one day Marianne came to Holland. We fell in love all over again and after about 8 years we got married again. But this time it was actually legal.  

So Achaea did not just bring me fun for many years. It also helped me find the love of my life. Through a bloody text game... How amazing is that? 

And a while ago we found out something even more amazing. As the title says... Achaea is life.

There is also bad news. I am not allowed to name my first child @Sarapis.  :(

Comments

• I mean @Tecton was the clear choice anyway.

Congratulations!
  • Congrats!  =)
  • Omigosh congrats! =)
  • Sorry. English is my second language. So who is your wife then?
  • I am currently routing for Xenomorph. Boy or girl. But Thi seems a little underwhelmed. 
  • Naturally...cos nature... I get it
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
      All the years I've played and Thi is seriously still one of my favorite characters.  Hands down best mentor and advisor, both rl and ic, that I ever had.  Congratulations!(name it after my rl, regardless of sex)
  • Rohai's a good name... gender neutral-ish? :#
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Congratulations!
  • That's awesome! I met my SO in IRE (Imperian, not Achaea) but it's pretty amazing how little text people can influence us and become friends, lovers, partners... 

Congratulations. :)
  • Congrats, Bleaky!

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    That's pretty incredible how that worked out, and congratulations on the new addition to the family! Maybe one day, when everything is all VR, you'll dust off a laptop and show them where it all started.

• You went and got yourself hitched to a missing Sutherland. 

By the way, congrat to you, Bleak. Awesome story and g'luck with the kiddo! 
  • Congrats, Bleak. Hartelijk gefeliciteerd and all that. :)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Bless you.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Ah the spawn of a rival, the plot thickens 

But in all seriousness, congrats

• That can't be your baby. There is a distinct lack of hair!

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Dem eyebrows gonna be majestic
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Amazing story!!!

Tenny here around 15 years after. I am sure you remember our fights :)

Btw what happened to Ashura?