Can I have my character wiped so I can make a new character of the same name?

Because I made the mistake of embracing class and now I regret it. I don't want to change and get 50% lessons back because its hard for me to obtain credits and I don't wanna grind my ass off to make up for that 50% lessons I lost. I'm a fully F2P player, too, so. Unless a kind soul would like to give me some free credits wink wink. This is a problem with Achaea I think, lessons are limited so I want to maximize the amount of lessons I spend. Why oh why can't we have the gain lessons over time feature like in Avalon? :(

Anyway I also have a certain bond to my character name and it just feels weird playing a character with a different name because Kurdock's been my name for 100s of muds. I guess that's my problem, I want my name to be famous so that one day some dude from WoW tries Achaea and tells me, "eh you're that guy from WoW!" Happens sometimes and makes me feel good.

Anyway I really hope this is possible because if not I just won't have the spirit to play Achaea any longer,, lol.

Comments

• If you suicide your character the name is locked out for 1-2 weeks as a security precaution. That's about the only option you have to reclaim the name.

My suggestion is (if you can) namechange your character and putter around Achaea just testing the waters until the name is free'd up once more. You'll be able to figure out a bit more of what can and can't be done and be ready to start Kurdock off new and informed when you're ready!
  • Suicide, or namechange.

• Awesome! Kurdock has already suicided hahah.
  • Worst suicide prevention hotline ever.

Joking of course. Good job making an informed choice!
  • Does namechanging use credits or something, though?
  • edited June 2016
    Nope. You only get one, and you can only do it very early on, before you're established.

It's basically for those newbs who call themselves Azndragon336 and then realise and go 'oh fuck'.

• Ahh thanks Valkyn.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Sarapis said:
    Valkyn said:
    Nope. You only get one, and you can only do it very early on, before you're established.

It's basically for those newbs who call themselves Azndragon336 and then realise and go 'oh fuck'.
    If only he had chosen Azndragon335, it would have all been ok, but 336 is just over the line.

P.S. Welcome, Kurdock!

Have you not learned, after 19 years of working with this player base, that you can't say things like this?  Guaranteed there is an Azndragon335 attempt before the end of the day.  Hell, it might be me! 

(I say attempt.  You probably can't use numbers in your user name)
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Austere said:
    Sarapis said:
    Valkyn said:

If only he had chosen Azndragon335, it would have all been ok, but 336 is just over the line.

P.S. Welcome, Kurdock!

Have you not learned, after 19 years of working with this player base, that you can't say things like this?  Guaranteed there is an Azndragon335 attempt before the end of the day.  Hell, it might be me! 

(I say attempt.  You probably can't use numbers in your user name)
    AzndragonEES ... perfect...

• Ok well its almost a month now and i can't namechange...
  • I thought Kurdock was the name you wanted?
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    He's saying the name is still not permitted during character creation.
    Maybe a courtesy email to help will get things expedited for you? Never hurts to ask

• Courtesy email, @Szanthax?
    email support@achaea.com and see what they say. :)

• Yeah email could do. You'd be surprised how friendly and helpful the admins can be.

Just don't expect anything, because if they accommodate you and not someone else, it may be piss the other guy off. 

I feel like if they are both registered under your name... and you want to suicide both chars just to reset... theres really nothing to lose other than customer service.