Pokemon GO

Comments

• So far Pokemon GO has been an excellent example of how NOT to release a game.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Elsam said:
    So far Pokemon GO has been an excellent example of how NOT to release a game.
    Pokemon GO was the healthcare.gov of the ios app store.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    It's like day two, and the servers are probably very much getting overloaded by the amount of people trying it out in the already few regions it's been released. Give it a week and should be fine.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    I haven't noticed much connectivity issue. More phone issues as I have an older phone

I haven't noticed much connectivity issue. More phone issues as I have an older phone

• Keeps freezing after I successfully catch a Pokemon :/ also should have invested in more robust servers
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    So i tried it and thought i was gonna be disappointed but im so happy and love it even in its semi functional state. Its everything i wanted as a kid

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Kenway said:
    So i tried it and thought i was gonna be disappointed but im so happy and love it even in its semi functional state. Its everything i wanted as a kid
    I just wish I knew what I was doing in gyms

• Tahquil said:
    Keeps freezing after I successfully catch a Pokemon :/ also should have invested in more robust servers
    That happened to me yesterday, but it started working and haven't had an issue with it, occasionally the servers die but it's not as bad as it was yesterday.

I like it, kept the kids distracted too.

• Szanthax said:
    Kenway said:
    I just wish I knew what I was doing in gyms
    Tap to attack, swipe left and right to dodge attacks, if your special bar is full (I didn't see this) hold for a special attack.

Kotaku has a decent tips page
    It happens so fast I dint know what I'm doing (like achaea)

• Chilling with a pidgey at a pokestop..

• This game is far too addicting. Had to do some shenanigans to get it in Canada but loving it!
    Still waiting for the chance to challenge someone like in the trailer.

• Kresslack said:
    It's like day two, and the servers are probably very much getting overloaded by the amount of people trying it out in the already few regions it's been released. Give it a week and should be fine.
    Plus all the people trying it out in the regions it hasn't been released in yet.
  • edited July 2016
    If all this shows anything, it is how -not- to release an online app game that has been hyped about for 1 year. Their marketing team should have more than anticipated the heavy load on their servers from everyone worldwide wanting a piece. Releasing it only in a select few countries was bad form.
  • For those trying to watch the servers... http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go  it's accurate as... right now it's down and that site says the servers are down :D

meh

• SethSeth North Carolina
    I choose team Red....of course everyone around me now is team blue. One good thing is my office is pretty much a pokestop, so I get free stuff all day while working!
    Also, I know CP is a big thing. Your starter, do they have a lot of potential or just given to you to start the game?
  • I have a windows phone.. because I am your grandma.. it doesn't work for ingress, doubt it will work for pokemon go

• Seth said:
    Also, I know CP is a big thing. Your starter, do they have a lot of potential or just given to you to start the game?
    Just given to you. You will still have to boost them.

• Team red forever!

• Kresslack said:
    For sure, I know they will fix it soon, but they shouldn't have released before thoroughly stress testing their servers. We all knew millions of people would be chomping at the bit to log on.
    Oh I'm getting that meowth :(

Lame crashes. I just was capturing a Squirtle....it was in the ball and boom, game crashes. Guess it wasn't meant to be :'(
    edited July 2016
    Elsam said:
    Kresslack said:
    For sure, I know they will fix it soon, but they shouldn't have released before thoroughly stress testing their servers. We all knew millions of people would be chomping at the bit to log on.
    You have a ton of people using APK's to access it in regions it's not released yet. They released it in certain regions slowly for that very reason, but they can't help the amount of people using APK's.

I did manage to catch a Vaporeon last night, after a few tries.