Paragon contest

Comments

• A l2 one of the basic defense one that allows you to designate 2 of the basic defended (e.g, bount/cutting) and a l3 that lets you chose 3 basic defenses so that you are less limited by choosing specialty paragons
  • Paragon of Basking
    Significantly increased health & endurance recovery if sleeping in direct sunlight

Paragon of Elusiveness
    Gives the wearer access to the elusiveness skill

Paragon of Chlorophyll
    Small quantity of sunlight generated in wielded staff whilst wearer is standing in direct sunlight. Higher rate of generation if the Environent is forest

Paragon of Necromancy
    Small quantity of essence generated if wearer is in the room when an adventurer dies. Slightly higher rate of essence recovery if the adventurer is a personal enemy or an enemy of mhaldor. Significantly higher rate if both.

Paragon of Growth
    Small amount of devotion generated if wearer is in the room when another adventurer gains an experience increase. Slightly higher rate if member of the same party. Significantly higher rate if bloodsworn to each other.

Paragon of Chaos
    Small amount of karma regeneration if wearer is in the room with another adventurer's chaos entity. Higher amount if karma generated if wearer is on the Chaos plane

Paragon of the Pyromaniac
    Converts a small portion of any fire damage into mana. Willpower regeneration whilst ablaze. Increased endurance & willpower regeneration plus health regeneration when in presence of campfire

Paragon of the Heretic
    Reduced damage from worldburn. Willpower regeneration whilst exposed to worldburn.

Paragon of the Pious
    For order members, experience constant willpower regeneration whilst in presence of a shrine to your chosen divine. Also experience enhance effectiveness of sleep/meditation whilst in the presence of their shrines. Both effects are scalable dependent on shrine size. Experience great willpower regen whilst in presence of the Divine themselves.

Paragon of Divine Pilgrimage
    Ability to WALK TO SHRINE OF <divine> to walk to their nearest shrine. Will not function for shrines related to orders of which you are enemied. 

Paragon of the Nocturnal
    Reduced willpower / endurance costs for all activities during night. Tiredness does not increase during the night. Increased effectiveness of meditate if used during the night.

Paragon of <Environent> Dweller
    2 additional rooms movement whilst in that Environent before too hasty message. Stacks with mhun/armbands of celerity. (Potentially also reduced endurance/willpower costs whilst in that Environent)

Paragon of Vitality
    Offers the wearer the Vitality ability. The wearer may only activate this ability when very near full health and mana. Once active, when they drop to less than twenty-five percent of their maximum health without dying, they will get a sudden rush of adrenaline that will heal them  significantly.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Devulaati said:

Paragon of Divine Pilgrimage
    Ability to WALK TO SHRINE OF <divine> to walk to their nearest shrine. Will not function for shrines related to orders of which you are enemied. 

I dunno about it being a paragon, but in some form or fashion this needs to be a thing, 100%.
    Huh. Neat.
  • A paragon that briefly delays any damage received. Maybe just a portion of the damage, and/or only a chance of activating. For example, you're hit for 1000 damage, the armour activates and you only take 700 damage from the hit, with the other 300 coming in the next 1-5 seconds (maybe all at once, or maybe across 3 ticks of 100 damage or something). Certain finishers would be excluded from this. You could also have the total damage be increased (a 1000 damage hit is reduced to 700 initial damage, then 400 delayed damage for example).
  • -Paragon that increases limb damage! (2 different levels)

-Paragon that increases bow or throwing accuracy in general

-Paragon that gives the mind sense ability.... everyone wants a balanceless sensing ability

-Paragon that delays your death, able to be activated once an Achaean month... Much like the locket ability that was release awhile back

• Sure, but there's also a lot of fun and unique ideas. The pocket dimension from Sena for instance. That sounds like the most hilarious way to gank someone, or help someone get out of a city during a raid.
  • Iosefka said:
    Sure, but there's also a lot of fun and unique ideas. The pocket dimension from Sena for instance. That sounds like the most hilarious way to gank someone, or help someone get out of a city during a raid.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3b/d8/e9/3bd8e93cb79877890c59fe19d06669cf.gif

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    (I'm likely guilty of this too, given my ideaspam, but) it seems from the initial set that was released, paragons are intended to give passive defensive or passive utility bonuses, and a lot of the ideas suggested seem to be solely aggressive or activation-based, or both, which is not a direction I'd like to see paragons go in, to be quite frank. We have other artefacts for that nonsense.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, @Makarios or @Nicola
    Huh. Neat.
  • Krypton said:
    • a Makalian paragon: Deletes all Veils.

I'm disappointed I can't "like" and "awesome" this comment. I can only do one. Brb, IDEAing doing both.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • To be honest, the ideas aren't necessarily things that particular player/character would want, but ideas we think may be of interest to other players/the judges. If they're outside the remit of what the judges want, they'll quite quickly discard them. The very fact they've run this completion and given such a long timeframe suggests they want a wider range of more creative/original/different ideas.

On the list of passive effects:
    Paragon of Far-thought
    Acts as a telepathic antennae, meaning that the wearer can access city/house/order channels no matter how far from home.
  • A paragon that makes it more difficult to instakill you with % based finishers. Instead of incinerate working at 50% health it would now require you to be at 40-45% health. Same with all other finishers that require you to be below a certain health/mana level or above a certain bleed point. 
  • Just adding:

A paragon that reduce bleeding (moss tattoo effect), may use a burst effect like once an achaean day or month to be able to clot current bleeding completely(must not be prone and with eq/balance available to activate), after that any further bleeding may stack again normally.

A paragon that has a chance to ignore stupidity. Stupidity will no longer causes you to do random emotes, instead there will be some kind of indication to that you are afflicted in replacement for doing emotes. Like "You are trying to do something stupid" or something to that effect.

• A paragon that alerts you when your torso had been broken. 

Most combatants have a tracker for this anyways,  it would just be a convenience.

• Borran said:
    A paragon that alerts you when your torso had been broken. 

Most combatants have a tracker for this anyways,  it would just be a convenience.
    No.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Xaden said:
    Borran said:
    A paragon that alerts you when your torso had been broken. 

No.
    Trackers can be tricked or worked around (see: snb/dwc blackout)

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    A scintillating paragon - when touched, gives the blindness defence. 15 minute cooldown

A thunderous paragon - when touched, gives the deafness defence. 15 minute cooldown

A glass paragon - switches the armour stats of the wearer's armour with that of their opponent, automatically switches back on death of either combatant or after a 10 minute cooldown from last aggressive action. Can only be used once per Achaean day

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    A scintillating paragon - when touched, gives the blindness defence. 15 minute cooldown

A thunderous paragon - when touched, gives the deafness defence. 15 minute cooldown

A glass paragon - switches the armour stats of the wearer's armour with that of their opponent, automatically switches back on death of either combatant or after a 10 minute cooldown from last aggressive action. Can only be used once per Achaean day
    Touch armour <person> swaps your artefact list with theirs.  

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Borran said:
    Klendathu said:

Touch armour <person> swaps your artefact list with theirs.  
    Paragon of levelplayingfield

• Tahquil said:
    A spectral paragon
     - Armour no long appears on listed clothes. (Orb of suppression affect only on armour)

Taking some inspiration from that:

An opaque paragon:
    -armour will now hide the clothes that would normally be worn beneath it.

Because having people see all the clothes I'm wearing beneath my fullplate is always frustrating as heck.
  • An undiscernable paragon.
    - causes the player to be seen as "a fully armoured individual stands here" or something to this effect. Would cause all says in the room to reflect that, hiding their identity. Makes them untargettable or for them to hit anyone (causes them to lose this effect if they do an aggressive action). 

Rurin's paragon
    - access to rurin's wares through some rip in reality. Pipes tinderbox buckets you can buy from anywhere in the realms

Opposites day paragon
    - swaps the Base cutting and blunt stat around. If they're not already the same. I can't remember
  • Will said:
    An undiscernable paragon.
    - causes the player to be seen as "a fully armoured individual stands here" or something to this effect. Would cause all says in the room to reflect that, hiding their identity. Makes them untargettable or for them to hit anyone (causes them to lose this effect if they do an aggressive action).

Opposites day paragon
    - swaps the Base cutting and blunt stat around. If they're not already the same. I can't remember
    Most armour isn't a full suit of armour, though. Being shown as "a fully armoured individual" only really makes sense if you're wearing fieldplate or fullplate.

Depends on the type of armour. Fullplate has identical cutting and blunt stats (excluding extra bonus points), but as far as I recall all other types have different cutting and blunt stats.
  • Bleak said:
    Reading this topic, I get the idea people just want to replace every artefact with a paragon. 
    This is what you get when you offer a prize to the first person to suggest something, you get a whole shitload of brain dump with zero thought behind it in the vain hope that the scattergun approach will yield something the admin like and you get a "reward" for all your intense thinking.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Sobriquet said:
    Bleak said:
    Reading this topic, I get the idea people just want to replace every artefact with a paragon. 
    This is what you get when you offer a prize to the first person to suggest something, you get a whole shitload of brain dump with zero thought behind it in the vain hope that the scattergun approach will yield something the admin like and you get a "reward" for all your intense thinking.
    Dunno, there are definitely a few interesting ideas. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Shirszae I believe the dispute was in terms of spirit of the approach and if its one the administration would want to encourage, not its efficacy. Shoot enough shots and you are bound to hit. I'm reasonably certain they knew this would happen and were counting on it.
  • Paragon of Command:

If you are leading a party. There will be a percent chance for denizens will focus their attacks on you instead of your party members whenever they are being attacked.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    • an ash paragon durbatulûk: "One Paragon to rule them all," grants the power of all paragons in existence.
  • Krypton said:
    • an ash paragon durbatulûk: "One Paragon to rule them all," grants the power of all paragons in existence.
    On sale now for the low price of 50,000cr!
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
This discussion has been closed.