Calling all Dragons! What colour are you (or do you use most), and why?

edited July 2016 in North of Thera
Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    All hail Black Dragons!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    And Green is the ugliest.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I originally picked red because it's the best colour aesthetically (in my opinion), and continue to use it (the very few times I bother with dragonform) now because it's a shorter command than any other colour.
  • Gold as it was a Sentaari's path animal and as a monk prefer psi attacks.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    A girl can dream.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I went Gold back in the day because I liked the idea of the Psi attacks, it was different. Now I'm Elder I'm almost always in Black (Black Lotus ties) or Red for hunting. Blue can be useful in raids for it's freeze room attack when people are trampling limbs. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    if you check CLANHELP GARE you can see quite a few Dragons and what colour they picked initially, those that are elders can obviously pick whichever they want

• Silvered armour, silver hide. Gotta stick with the theme.
  • Veldrin said:
    if you check CLANHELP GARE you can see quite a few Dragons and what colour they picked initially, those that are elders can obviously pick whichever they want

That's pretty cool, didn't know that existed. But that doesn't tell me why they picked whichever colour, which is half the question. :P But thanks for the info, I wasn't aware.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Green because monkey dragon, hide in trees and throw dragon poop. j/k

Just like green, always have. Fitted while I was Eleusian too but that's the past.
  • Gold because I like the breath weapon and because it's shiny.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Blue for various roleplay reasons, some I won't get into, but a major part was always imagining Melodie as a "water" character, someone who fluidly adapts and changes to her situation. While of course there's no "water" or "sea" dragon (admins pls), ice was a nice nod to Cyrene as well, so it worked out for the best.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    While of course there's no "water" or "sea" dragon (admins pls), ice was a nice nod to Cyrene as well, so it worked out for the best.
      @Tahquil has her Notic water dragon pet, and there are those sea dragons when diving as well (they're Lesser dragons, though, rather than Greater).
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Sarathai said:
    Melodie said:
    While of course there's no "water" or "sea" dragon (admins pls), ice was a nice nod to Cyrene as well, so it worked out for the best.
      @Tahquil has her Notic water dragon pet, and there are those sea dragons when diving as well (they're Lesser dragons, though, rather than Greater).
    Oh, I know they exist (I'm pretty sure I've died to a few). By "admins pls", I meant more as being a choice for people who achieve dragon. My bad for not being more clear!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Originally picked Gold because it had the best voice aesthetic. (It didn't hurt that it also did the most combat damage via Psi damage, though Silver's not bad) These days I'm usually in Red because I feel that the multiple crit chances of Dragonblaze often surpasses the "big" battlerage attacks of other dragons.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Blue was a no-brainer for Skye.

• Silver on one character despite being elder and black on another. Just pure colour/personality thing.  

• Originally picked Green because green dragons look cool. Nowadays I'm mostly in blue because I like the battlerage abilities, and green's battlerage abilities are just... well, Slaver is blatantly gross. The rest are okay I guess, but nobody will argue that some battlerage affs are just better than others, and green got the shorter end of the stick there. Sometimes I do miss being green.
  • It's as if everyone forgets black does unblockable...or at least it did last i knew
  • I wanted to go green because it's my favorite color, but I settled on gold instead because aesthetics. Green dragon voice makes me a sad panda.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Asmodron said:
    It's as if everyone forgets black does unblockable...or at least it did last i knew
    It does, but the Dragon colours aren't equal in terms of raw damage dealt. So while Black does unblockable damage that can't be reduced, (except by block-alls like Algiz and Scales) it deals less damage than the others overall. Silver and Gold do more damage than most before resistances, and then Gold takes the cake because the only Psi resistance is a miniskill. (Aside from those same block-alls)
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Does anyone have a list of all the dragon tell flairs? I haven't seen a couple of them.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    ^(\w+)'s voice quietly thrums in your mind as s?he tells you, ".+"$

^(\w+)'s voice sizzles as s?he tells you, ".+"$

^(\w+) tells you in frosty tones, ".+"$

^(\w+)'s voice burns with heat as s?he tells you, ".+"$

^(\w+)'s voice drips with venom as s?he tells you, ".+"$

^With sharp, crackling tones, (\w+) tells you, ".+"$

@omor
    Huh. Neat.
    I've also considered blue and black because Icingdeath and Shimmergloom are two of my favourite fantasy dragons (despite their blech names). 
    Huh. Neat.
  • I love bashing in red. 
  • edited July 2016
    Oh nevermind, that's silver.

So im assuming Black is 'sizzling'?

I always did wish Black and Green were more distinct...but what could Black be given? Shadowfire? That might make it too 'darkness' aligned.
  • Asmodron said:
    Black is acid, so yes. Green is poison.

Green does have a great breath summon message, though, calling forth the deadly wyrmvenom of legend.

Asmodron said:
    Oh nevermind, that's silver.

I always did wish Black and Green were more distinct...but what could Black be given? Shadowfire? That might make it too 'darkness' aligned.
    Acid and poison are different enough u.u.
    Huh. Neat.