Which mobile devices are most used by Achaeans?

edited July 2016 in General Questions
Considering developing a mobile MUD client. (Mobile here including both tablets and phones.)

Comments

• I use iPhone/Mudrammer. I hate it.

It's the best client the iDevice has, but it lacks in scripting features

• I use iPhone because I had to get it for a course (for iMovie) and some other features. Connects nicely with the iPad I 'borrowed'/ran off with from the bf too. Would have gone android with a choice at the time but I actually like it now. 

• I love that the only people actually posting are those of us trying to rationalize why we use the iPhone :lol:

In my case it was a Christmas gift a couple years ago - I'd never owned Apple stuff before (although I've used Macs at school and whatnot). I am in love with the iPhone but I still prefer Android tablets and PCs. And I can barely stand to play Achaea on it, even though it's ginormous. I use Nexus when I have to play on my phone, though.
  • I feel like a fuddy duddy but why do people play from a phone? I couldn't do shit on a phone! 

• I have a Nokia Lumina 1520 and love it, although have no intention to play Achaea on it (or any other mobile device)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sobriquet said:
    I have a Nokia Lumina 1520 and love it, although have no intention to play Achaea on it (or any other mobile device)
    The only real mobile client is ssh > telnet.
    Huh. Neat.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    I play Achaea on PocketMUD on my iphone a lot. I was on my phone during most of this death arc. You can't fight, do heavy bashing, or do anything spammy. You CAN take care of lots of simple things like:

- check messages
    - catch up on channel histories
    - chat
    - update projects
    - gather reagents
    - pay shop taxes
    - raise a shrine
    - scope out ongoing events when you're at work

I discovered that turning MXP off makes playing on the app slightly less crappy. I haven't figured out how to script anything or even make basic aliases so I kind've rely on in-game aliases. Landmarks are a godsend. The buffer is hilariously tiny and it still tends to autodisconnect me if I haven't entered any commands after 5 minutes.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Cooper said:
    I feel like a fuddy duddy but why do people play from a phone? I couldn't do shit on a phone! 
    I try not to, it's awful. I do play a bit tethered to it with the ipad though. Usually when I'm at my kids house, which is often!

• I actually use Mudrammer on the iphone. I really only login to see what's going on and check messages/chat. I don't really hunt or anything heavy on it.