Paragon contest

Comments

• Soulbound paragon
    Chance of soulcage defence firing when killed by an adventurer. Probability of defence firing dependant on number of adventurers slain since last death. If wearer has slain 1 adventurer, 1% chance of firing, if wearer has slain 2 adventurers, 2% chance, if wearer has slain 10 adventurers then 10% etc. Removal of armour or death of wearer resets probability count to 0%.

Paragon of vengeance
    Each time the wearer dies to a denizen, the wearer gets bonus damage against / battlerage generated by / experience gained from that type of denizen until the next death to a denizen, when the denizen type will change to the new denizen.

Nemesis Paragon
    When the wearer is slain by an adventurer, if the victim is able to slay their assailant before they next die, on top of the usual experience, they also reclaim all/a portion of the experience lost originally
  • Cleansing paragon
    Very slim chance to strip the venom from any weapon/arrow used against you prior to it reaching your bloodstream, preventing the affliction. Artefact weapons with the Asp ability will then trigger as if the weapon had not been envenomed in the first place.
  • Sunlight Paragon:
    Enables armor to store a limited amount of sunlight. Druids can directly recharge their staff from this, or TOUCH ARMOR to consume all the sunlight for a % damage resist based on the total.
  • Paragon of strength.
    When below 15% health it increases your damage output against denizens.

Paragon of Mobility
    Increases movement speed after killing a foe.

Paragon of Satiation
    When fed with enough blood will keep the user fed for a short time.

Paragon of Invulnerability
    Gain 3-5 seconds of invulnerability against attacks after killing an adventurer

• Paragon that reduces damage taken from an adventurer who is not in your room

• Also,
    Paragon of the Magi
    Spells cost % less mana to cast

Paragon of the Sailor
    When melded with the figurehead Seaspells require less endurance/Willpower to use

As an alternative to the above one

Paragon of Seafaring
    When worn, shipwarning costs less willpower, and as an added bonus, it can be tuned to the aura of the ship once per month to give a bonus to the aura. Granting a different effect according to the aura it's attuned to
    Watch: Notice cloaked ships nearby
    Command: Recover ship and crew balance 3% faster
    Helm: Maneouver the ship faster
    Weapons: Increased repair to all ship weapons, as well as the ability to load and fire 3% faster
    Deckhand: Chance to cook twice as much food, and repair another tick faster. Also increased tether chopping.

The effect of this last one is only granted to those rank 5 in the given auras.
  • -A Paragon That works similar to the old school Basking ability. In direct sunlight or in front of a Lightwall allows the player to focus on the light, removing an affliction from them.
  • Universe Paragon - Gives wearer ability to travel instantly to one of the locations used by the universe card in tarot. With suitable cool down or endurance cost. 
  • Paragon that neutralizes shared paragons between all users in the room (excluding itself).
  • Paragon of anti absorbstion - Negates the absorption effects of SOA and Paragon effects striking an opponent.  
    Paragon of Prying - Causes the targets paragons to fall out and no be able to be re installed for a cooldown. (needs a cool down) 
  • paragon that stores the last 5-10 people that have attacked you and allows you to see their name when probing that paragon.  Also either shows you their current location (bypassing veil) or allows you to sense them and find their location while bypassing veil and/or also sensing them across planes.  
  • Paragon of loyalty. (l3)  Your armour is now a loyal and when removed will obey all the commands as a class loyal with specific attacks suited for an empty suit of armour.  Could also be customizable to give custom reactions. Upgradable from Paragon of responses (l2). 

Paragon of responses (L2) Your armour in addition to the set of standard responses has X number of customisable reactions as per customised Pets. Also can have Armour interact with people in the room. 

Paragon of armour awareness (l1) Your armor has a limited set of standard responses to different kinds of attacks or the presence of enemies in adajcent locations. Can be set to tell you or say them aloud. 

Paragon of Buyers remorse, Allows the transformation of an existing paragon into another at the same price point.  Consumed on use. 
  • Paragon of multi resistance - Cycles through health, magic, cutting, blunt, electrical, poison resistance . (as in the similar Harmonic ) could be for just the wearer...l1 and the allies in the room l2. 
  • Unpowered Paragon - Does nothing as purchased but can hold the powers of artefacts that can be transfered to it. 
    L1- 1 power
    L2 -2 powers 
    L3 -3 powers

• Miners/Raw comms powered paragon - Paragon that gives resistance based on the raw comms or comms it is fed. ie Ironore gives blunt resistance, Stone ore gives fire resistance, gold  electrical resistance, gems, magical resistance.  The more its fed the longer the charge lasts and or the more its fed the higher the level of resistance. 

• Paragon of sacrifice - lets you offer corpses to attuned deity

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Paragon of shifting continents - Can be opened to reveal a random paragon. Destroyed upon opening.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Paragon of Chivalrous Conduct: If struck by an adventurer's LoS attack, that person is teleported to your location and is stunned for 8 seconds. This ignores mass and all other rooting defenses

Paragon of Undying Will: If you die and are not resurrected by a Starburst tatoo you are revived for 10 seconds. During this time, all actions have their balance and eq costs lowered by 50%.

Paragon of Merciless Tracking
    : When damaging an adventurer, they will leave a trail of blood that will follow them for a short duration. You can PEER INTO BLOOD to find their current location. This effect will ignore veils and other methods of concealment.

Paragon of Masquerade: This can only be used when inside a player owned city. ARMOR MASQUERADE will allow you to appear as a guard of that city (you will not be attacked if you are an enemy). Be warned, for your rate of movement will be greatly slowed, attacking or using any abilities will reveal you, and many abilities that involve instantaneous movement will not work for several achaean days (If you're caught, you're screwed).

Valourous Paragon of Exceptional Rallying: If you are reduced to 25% health or less, all allies and anyone you are in a party with will receive a 20% damage increase and 10% reduced balance/eq costs for a medium duration. This ability can only activate once per Achaean day.

Paragon of Unstoppable Sacrifice: SACRIFICE PARAGON to lose 1/2 of your maximum health and mana. In return, gain a temporary defense that allows you to ignore room hinder and passive effects (rites, runes, vibes, deathaura/gravehands, forestal defences, etc) for a medium duration. Taking too much damage will end this defense early.

Paragon of Thoughtful Introspection: If an adventurer dies in an area near your location, gain experience as though you were the one who killed them.

Paragon of Lifeblood Transmutation: Any abilities that require mana have their costs reduced by 15-20%. In exchange, half of the mana cost is taken from your health. DISABLE/ENABLE TRANSMUTATION will turn this effect on or off as you see fit.

Paragon of Post Mortem Clairvoyance: Scry an adventurer's corpse to get a log of everything they have done for the past achaean month. READ RESULTS to obtain a viewable log which you can peruse at your leisure as though you were looking over their shoulder behind their screen. Only one Log may be stored in the armour at any time.
  • Paragon that halves the cost of endurance/will expressly for the purpose of raising shrines. 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    • a holographic paragon: Can HIDE.

• an obtuse paragon: Chance to stun on blunt attacks.

• a kryptonite paragon: -10 to all stats. Works while held.
  • Paragon that converts gold drops into experience. The more gold a denizen would have dropped, the more experience you get from them.
    Paragon that perma-ghosts you.
    Paragon that perma-shrouds you.
    Paragon that slows mana loss over time when you die in it.

Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2016
    Most of the ideas I've read are great, but derive from existing ideas or things you can get with other artefacts/skills.  My ideas gravitate more towards the things that do not exist yet. Primarily because, as an armour wearer, I've yet to see something that overwhelmingly convinces me I should go this route.  If I saw things like the following I would be spending all my efforts trying to get artefact armour.

My submission:
    -Bohemoth - The wearer of this armour can activate a paragon which grows them to be very large and tall.  It has the effect of being a blockade as well as higher defense.  Armour is defensive.  Imagine in a city raid, you have a bohemoth on your side. They go to the city entrance, and activate it, and for a duration, they are able to absorb an entire raid's worth of attacks.  Of course to be fair, you'd have to consider making them unable to be offensive during this time.  I imagine it being the ultimate in defensive chivalry.  Instead of 'DEFEND PERSON'  you'd grow to incredible proportions and 'DEFEND CITY!'  Of course this likely means that you'd be the first thing to die in a raid.

I imagine, the bohemoth/blockade as being the ultimate heroic act of chivalry.  Sacrificing your life to defend your city and give it's fighters enough time to gather and strategize. I think it would lend more strategy to raids, more organization, and give less of a 'run in, raid while they're not expecting it, then run out.' ambush effect.  If you had a bohemoth on your side, you could single handedly change the course of events in a raid.

The picture in my mind, of activating this paragon and having a full plated hero, standing, shield at the ready, shouting 'You will NOT TAKE MY CITY!' and suddenly growing to amazing proportions. The attacking hoard witnessing this, sparing only a moment to quiver in fear, and then shouting 'ATTACK THE GIANT!' and watching dozens of people hack and slash and fire and cast on the now huge armour.  Watching the effects at first bounce off, as people look on in amazement, but soon their eyes change to a realization that the hero won't be able to take much of this assault!  The size of the giant would grow so large the entire city could see, and many would come to lend aid.  It would be a rallying call, a moment of true heroism, it would be momentous!

I would foresee this ability as being pricey, unusable by dragons, and achievable before dragon.  I know that if I, at my low level of 80 were able to gain this ability, that I would gladly lay down my life to give my city a few short moments to gather and defend.  I would feel useful in a raid, but still desire to get to dragon because it would lack the offensive skill of a dragon.

Since dragons can't wear armor, people aren't likely to take up artefact armour as it'll be useless when they hit dragon. Who wants to customize armour that they can't gift as a family heir loom?  Who wants to simply trade in their customized armor for credits once they hit Dragon?   A quality like this, would definitely make artefact armour something people will seek long before dragon.

Further I think it'd bring cities together more, because those who raid, will have to strategize how to take down a bohemoth (or two?!!) and amass their forces, and cities who don't actively participate in raids, will have that nice 'ace in the hole' defensive posture.  It appeals to the warlike, and non-warlike alike.

That is my idea and reasoning behind it, I may be a dreamer.

-Sentry Rane Zviera
    p.s. and I suppose that lends itself to a more mundane idea.. which is a paragon which lets dragons wear armour.  But I don't like that idea as much.
    @Rane plenty of people fight and hunt in lesser for a myriad of reasons, even after dragon.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Paragon that reduces stun time by 50%

• Cooper said:
    Paragon that reduces stun time by 50%

Piggybacking on this, paragon that reduces time in blackout.

• Here's my pitch

1. Gains immunity to Fear and pacifism.

2. Decreases chance of ground hindering abilities to affect you, (i.e - frozen ground, piety, etc.)

3. Decreases chance of passive tattoos fading(meticulous care). Charges of active tattoos are lowered but regenerates over time.

4. Increased exp gain, decreased exp loss plus or the (death's boon) effect.

5. Increased gold, talisman drops. Gains an ability GREED.

GREED is basically Selfishness plus this added effect: gold is now put into inventory if your the one who was able to kill the target.

Greedy-turn it on
    Apathy-turn it off

6. Gains an additional battle rage per hit. Decrease battlerage ability cooldowns.

-Llynark

• A spectral paragon
     - Armour no long appears on listed clothes. (Orb of suppression affect only on armour)

A fortified bone paragon
     - Lets you walk one room normally with a single broken leg. Can only proc once per (time frame I'm not sure what rate would be appropriate combat implication-wise)

• With the idea that these are for Armor in the end....I'll throw these suggestions in

A spiked carapace Paragon: A small amount of damage will be inflicted upon any physical attack directed at you in the same room.

A glittering crystalline Paragon: A small amount of damage will be inflicted upon any magical attack directed at you in the same room.

I couldn't help it

A glowing paragon of the holy light: Any unholy creatures (specifically classified as 'undead') that strike you may have their flesh burned, causing damage. Great for those avid undead hunters.

A shining paragon of purest Iron: Any fae creatures (specifically classified as fairy, fae, Sidhe or Unsidhe) that strike you may have their flesh burned, causing damage. Great for those avid fae hunters.

A coral constructed paragon: Any damage received from underwater creatures will be reduced slightly. Will additionally grant you a permanent water-breathing defense (second part is debatable). Great for those avid divers.
  • Paragon that acts like the hallelujah harm and has a % chance of removing a random affliction on each turn
    Paragon that reduces the time to lay down harms, vibes, rites, etc
    Paragon that allows stun on parry (like monk guard)
    Stat paragons that stack with the stat artefacts but not with one another (e.g., l3 belt + con paragon would be total +4 con, but could not have multiple con paragons). 
This discussion has been closed.