Hold The Door

13»

Comments

• the dj could be a passable hodor come halloween
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Is hodor like tardar?

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere

• Time to watch all seasons over. So many sniffles! 
  •          

• She lives through everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. I hope she gets eaten by dragons. 
  • She's probably going to end up strangled by Jamie. My guess is she's gonna snap and try do do something crazy like Aerys and put Jamie in the same place he was before.

• Cynlael said:

Lol'd so hard at this
  • Tydas said:
    She's probably going to end up strangled by Jamie. My guess is she's gonna snap and try do do something crazy like Aerys and put Jamie in the same place he was before.

Seems too obvious at this stage to be honest.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Tydas said:
    She's probably going to end up strangled by Jamie. My guess is she's gonna snap and try do do something crazy like Aerys and put Jamie in the same place he was before.

Thing is, the alternate solution (Tyrion) is pretty obvious as well. We know it has to be the valonqar, the "little brother" after all, and Jaime is Cersei's younger brother. Only by a couple of minutes, but still.

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Xaden said:
    Tydas said:

Thing is, the alternate solution (Tyrion) is pretty obvious as well. We know it has to be the valonqar, the "little brother" after all, and Jaime is Cersei's younger brother. Only by a couple of minutes, but still.

On my phone so can't spoiler function so sorry in advance.

Tyrion kills cersei, thus fulfilling the little brother part of the deal, leave the room and removes face to reveal arya.

• Jamie is also technically younger iirc
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Okay, so, until this point (latest episode), I knew Cersei was fucked in the head, but at least she was somewhat understandable, had some fucking emotion, was relatable (only slightly so, but still). Before her exposition even, when she murdered who she murdered, that was it. I just couldn't understand. I was reeling. I WAS IN SHOCK. And then the window happened and I was just so fucking done with GRRM and this goddamn show.

An then Sam and Arya salvaged my relationship with the show, even if I'm hanging on by a thread at this point.

Tl;dr: Fuck GRRM
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Okay, so, until this point (latest episode), I knew Cersei was fucked in the head, but at least she was somewhat understandable, had some fucking emotion, was relatable (only slightly so, but still). Before her exposition even, when she murdered who she murdered, that was it. I just couldn't understand. I was reeling. I WAS IN SHOCK. And then the window happened and I was just so fucking done with GRRM and this goddamn show.

An then Sam and Arya salvaged my relationship with the show, even if I'm hanging on by a thread at this point.

And you don't even have actual developed characters to fall in love with.

Cersei is a nut job. A complete psycho with massive penis envy. Her one, single redeeming quality has always been her love for her kids. But how much of that was love, and how much of it is the fear of losing them a la the prophecy? And her subsequent death?

• Ahmet said:

If it's any consolation, whilst it wont go in the books as it is going in the series, it is slightly less crazy and the Tyrells arent whipped out nor the Martells (except for the Viper as you saw).

The story has always been mainly a out Daeneyrs' adventure and returning to Westoros, and GRRM has to add a lot of side-plots and twists to slow down some happenings (like Rob and the North's victories...which he discovered he had to kill off Rob just to slow it down) just to bring it in line. A reason GRRM got exhausted with writing the series and became so slow at releasing books was because he was writing himself into a bundle and kept thinking of how to keep it in line to Daeneyr's return. If you read the books, you'll notice yet -another- plot-twist and side-story he had to introduce...just to once again slow shit in westeros down for Daeneyrs. The series doesnt have that problem and is escalating very quickly, through their own quick ways (Wipe them all out), to get to the main points.
  • I felt like the entire King's Landing part of the last episode was kind of bland and unemotional. It's like it was rushed, more of a summary of the events that really should have had more time dedicated to it. Tommen's death especially; I was distracted for less than a second and almost missed it entirely. I actually felt more emotion about Myrcella's death than all the deaths here, and she was barely even a side character.
    Sena said:
    I felt like the entire King's Landing part of the last episode was kind of bland and unemotional. It's like it was rushed, more of a summary of the events that really should have had more time dedicated to it. Tommen's death especially; I was distracted for less than a second and almost missed it entirely. I actually felt more emotion about Myrcella's death than all the deaths here, and she was barely even a side character.
    Y U NO CRY FOR MARGAERY
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2016
    What if the Hound kills Cersei? Or Littlefinger? Valonqar means little brother. It doesn't necessarily mean HER little brother. Sandor Clegane was the younger of the Cleganes, and Petyr was referred to by Cat as "like a little brother to me" way back. Prophecy seems to exist on a whole to be misinterpreted.

Shit, it could even be Bran.

• Want Olenna Tyrell to kill her
  • I really don't understand how people can be disappointed with the first part of that episode. Honestly some of the most well directed television recently.
    Amranu said:
    I really don't understand how people can be disappointed with the first part of that episode. Honestly some of the most well directed television recently.
    Well-directed, sure. You can be pleased with the execution and still take issue with the direction that the writers are going.
    Huh. Neat.