Blowtorch Help

*NOOB ALERT* (Also I don't know if this is in the right section but oh well) The school season is starting up for my side of the world and I want to be able to access Achaea on my phone (Huawei P7-11 if it helps) so I have downloaded Blowtorch as a way to connect but I have been having trouble connecting it to Achaea.
The Display name I have put as "Harken" The Host name as both "Achaea" and "69.65.42.128"   and the Port number as 23 (Told to me by Valkyn who uses it on a tablet so pretty sure its right)

Any ideas on where I stuffed up or how to connect it properly?  

Thanks all <3 
-Harken

Comments

• edited February 2016
    You want it like this - Display name doesn't actually matter, by the way. That's just what it will be called, under that little 'Connections' list. Host Name and Port are your big ones.

• Awesome, Thanks :pleased:  It works awesomely, Thank you so much Cynlael
  • edited February 2016
    Blowtorch wont even open on my new Samsung S6, so I use.. Muduluk or something like that

Edit: Plus the boot icon is inconspicuous 
  • Yeah, I found that for a day or two, everytime I use Blowtorch it would instantly crash on my P7 but a quick uninstall and reinstall fixed it with no problems after
  • Resurrecting this becausw Blowtorch sucks. It constantly crashes, takes up a ton of memory im the background and half the time doesn't even close when you exit out of it. Are there any decent alternative apps? Or a way to bypass how buggy Blowtorch is?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I use LensDroid on my S4 and it works like a dream. I ditched Blowtorch after that.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Lensdroid is better than the IRE app, right? Because that was garbage.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    Never used the IRE app honestly. I'll also say I can't attest to any kind of trigger functionality - I don't do triggers on phones. But as far as loading it up and everything working without crashing or sucking away the juice from my phone, it works perfectly. Never seen it crash, not been frustrated with it. One thing is when you install it, the text might be suuuuuper tiny, but you can adjust the "zoom" in the options and get it to what you like.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited July 2016
    I use the Test version of blowtorch, because they are always updating it. I have not run into any errors. I've not heard of Lensdroid before, I'll have to give it a look!

Edit:
    Just gave Lensdroid a download. Very speedy! Still trying to work on zooming the display. 

Not seeing any options for buttons. There are some directional ones, but that is all. Nothing fancy. :)

• I'll check it out, thanks.
    My biggest issue with the IRE app was that it would hold all text until the phone had enough memory dedicated to the text that has scrolled past that either a) the app would crash or b) the phone would crash. I noticed this particularly when using WALK TO commands, since it would flow text past fairly quickly.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Melodie said:
    Never used the IRE app honestly. I'll also say I can't attest to any kind of trigger functionality - I don't do triggers on phones. But as far as loading it up and everything working without crashing or sucking away the juice from my phone, it works perfectly. Never seen it crash, not been frustrated with it. One thing is when you install it, the text might be suuuuuper tiny, but you can adjust the "zoom" in the options and get it to what you like.
    I have an S7 Edge and tried playing through the IRE Client, but the on screen keyboard makes it kind of hard to do things other than check messages and news posts since it covers the client, but I can do that without logging in game. Is there a setting you use with your S4 or does Lensdroid just work well with the on screen keyboard?
    edited July 2016
    Nah, I just got used to a keyboard taking up half the bloody screen. I can't do anything of real import on there - very light roleplay, news posts, messages, chatting on clans. For actual real things, like hunting or something, you'd really need a tablet for the screen space. I've never found a mud app that allowed you to do amazing things on tiny screens. But the Achaea client works pretty well on a tablet screen (once you get everything set up, which I've definitely not done fully).

Lensdroid just manages to work (as well as BlowTorch did anyway, before it went to shit) for what it is. 
  • Blowtorch I think used to be the big one for mobile MU*, but the reviews in the last couple of years almost all say "couldn't even get it to run", or it crashes. Same for me: can't even get it not to crash.

I've been just using mukluk or whatever it is, but if you're doing anything serious like combat than maybe try to get Blowtorch working.

• Based on my own experiences on a number of different phones, if you are going to use Blowtorch I would suggest using the Test version. It is more up-to-date for different devices and has some cool features.

http://www.offsetnull.com/blowtorch/v2-test-installation-instructions/

I have only used it on Aardwolf though. Not sure how it runs on Achaea but I imagine it is still better than the standard version.
  • Warmuk said:
    Based on my own experiences on a number of different phones, if you are going to use Blowtorch I would suggest using the Test version. It is more up-to-date for different devices and has some cool features.

http://www.offsetnull.com/blowtorch/v2-test-installation-instructions/

I have only used it on Aardwolf though. Not sure how it runs on Achaea but I imagine it is still better than the standard version.

The test version works with minor problems for me using Achaea. No crashing at all. However, when there is even the slightest update, it wipes your settings. I've noticed every once in awhile I will try logging into the test version and my settings for Achaea will not be there. Other than that, no issues.