Piety/Gravehands curiosity

Do you need to slow down your attempts to get out? Like aeon?

it seems if I spam a direction I will do nothing but fail.

Like last night I failed 25 consecutive times on trying to move out of the room and just gave up. Was I just that unlucky or was I unknowingly preserving the fail state by hitting it too fast?

How does it work?

Comments

• piety has a higher proc rate than ghands
  • Yeah but the thing is I was in the arena against Gravehands so that scares the shit out of me for piety!

• You have to wait to recover balance (1 second) to try again. Any off balance attempt auto-fails. Should probably give an off balance/can't do that message as opposed to the ghands/piety proc message, though.
  • edited June 2016
    Aha. So is it possible I had like 6 failed attempts out of 25? Or will my balance never return as long as I am spamming?

• I haven't played in awhile, so my memory's a bit foggy. From what I remember, ghands and piety have roughly a 66% proc rate, so expect to fail 2/3 attempts. Aegoth would certainly know more about the proc rate than me, though. I don't think your balance will return while you spam, but I could definitely be wrong about that.

• Jacen said:
    I haven't played in awhile, so my memory's a bit foggy. From what I remember, ghands and piety have roughly a 66% proc rate, so expect to fail 2/3 attempts. Aegoth would certainly know more about the proc rate than me, though. I don't think your balance will return while you spam, but I could definitely be wrong about that.

At any rate thank you.

• Jacen said:
    I haven't played in awhile, so my memory's a bit foggy. From what I remember, ghands and piety have roughly a 66% proc rate, so expect to fail 2/3 attempts. Aegoth would certainly know more about the proc rate than me, though. I don't think your balance will return while you spam, but I could definitely be wrong about that.

@Aegoth
    Tagging for Jacen.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Cooper said:
    Piety and gravehands have the same proc rate, always have.

You lose balance on a failed attempt to leave and will need to get balance back before trying to leave again or you will not regain balance. 
    That makes me feel better. Thanks for the info.

• It's a 33% proc rate, not 66%. I remember word going around that Gravehands dropped to 25% chance but I think it was an unsubstantiated claim. It's just as Cooper said though. Differently put you could say: You aren't able to leave the room while off balance and Gravehands/Piety preventing you from leaving the room will throw you off balance for one second. As long as you're trying to move while off-balance you will never regain balance and thus could never leave the room. 

It's the same deal with writhe. If you spam writhe you will never recover balance until you stop and allow yourself to recover balance. 
  • Interesting. Does that work in reverse? Can you use that mechanic to stop a beckon?

• Sure can. 

Single blocker spamming writhe is immune to beckon!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Kalithea said:
    Interesting. Does that work in reverse? Can you use that mechanic to stop a beckon?
    Yep! Any time you see me leaping out of a room after someone says we are moving and to block, I'm leaping, queueing block/writhe, and then spamming writhe until others are blocking.

• CONFIG SEPARATOR makes plans like that amazing. Works as a great counter to all those [REDACTED]'s that like to auto beckon off of alertness going off.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sarathai said:
    The proc rate on Piety and Gravehands is very simple.

When you need to leave the room ASAP, it's 100%. When it doesn't matter, it's 0%.
    Proc rate on Piety/Gravehands is zero if you're a serpent :>
    Huh. Neat.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Targossian: "Gravehands is so bad! It's worse than piety!"
    Mhaldorian: "Piety is so bad! It's worse than gravehands!"
    #perspective

They're essentially same, except piety hinders personal enemies and gravehands hinders non-Mhaldorians indiscriminately.

Spamming won't you want to get out of either any faster.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Hands last less time, costs more % resource, and unless you're fighting over 20 people its advantage is rarely going to show. It's also easier to remove. They're fairly balanced
  • Daeir said:
    So theoretically, gravehands is mechanically superior if you're fighting people that aren't Mhaldorians.
    No, because that isn't the only difference between the two. Unless you're just kidding.
  • Kiet said:
    Hands last less time, costs more % resource, and unless you're fighting over 20 people its advantage is rarely going to show. It's also easier to remove. They're fairly balanced
    Gravehands can also be placed in line-of-sight via Soulspear and doubles as a Necro Pilgrimage rite, which is a rather potent combination. Not requiring enemy status is the least of its unique advantages.
  • Piety however lets you unenemy the group leader and let everyone else get caught, so there are advantages there as well.
  • Aesi said:
    Piety however lets you unenemy the group leader and let everyone else get caught, so there are advantages there as well.
    Oh that is sneaky. I would I enemy the leader and the babies and eat the babies  :o

• Stop eating babies :o
  • Kiet said:
    Stop eating babies :o
    St...stop.... Eating?

• Saeva said:
    Kiet said:
    Stop eating babies :o
    St...stop.... Eating?
    Don't stop! NEVER!