Results of your globes??

Comments

• Shayde said:

Lucky SOB. Lol

(OOC clan) Rakkaro says, "You shouldn't be plebs and should have opened a thread in a globe like me."

Hurai says, "What's a pleb?"

You say, "Plebeians."

You say, "Commoners. Riff Raff. Rakkaro is too good for us now."

Rakkaro says, "Glad you recognize it."

Rakkaro says, "Crown me your monarch."

Rakkaro says, "But I can mingle with the peasantry occasionally, don't worry."

Rakkaro says, "I'm one of those kings."

yawn. Rakkaro's the pleb. i got my cape completed for a mere 300cr. thats from buying the pieces from a generous doner. yaaaaaaawn. it's rough being the Holocaust King sometimes
  • You can also infinitely stack artefact discount vouchers. If you had say... 32 of them as an example, you could stack them all and buy a level 2 artifact weapon. Or an SOA for that matter.

• Cynlael said:
    You can also infinitely stack artefact discount vouchers. If you had say... 32 of them as an example, you could stack them all and buy a level 2 artifact weapon. Or an SOA for that matter.

Right....so in other words...keep on buying globes, which are $5 each, until you have 32 vouchers...just to spend them to buy a game artefact.

Seriously I have 0 incentive to even partake in this Promo anymore. Tried 20, laughed my ass off, not doing more. It always annoys me how horrible the turnout of Promos in Achaea is compared to all the other IRE. Just pure painful when compared.
  • Lusternia promos are worse. Curios alllllll the time....
  • Hmm. I got tons of credits from this promo, for what I spent. Gambling promos can never make everyone happy though. Then you get a non-gambling promo and everyone's upset!
  • While I got 1200cr of value out of like 30 globes, I'm very sure that's not even close to the case for everyone.

Which is fine really, it's gambling for a reason.

I do think it would be neat if we were able to get like one globe per 100 or 200 credits bought so those who want to buy credits to do things with still also got to play on a much smaller scale.

But that's just me. I had fun

• I think it's probably safe to assume I'm up there as one of the people who has opened the most globes this promo.. if not the most.. I started with 500 credits.. I currently have 3000 unbound, have transed a few skills, transed all my mini skills, bought a bunch of artifacts, gotten some free artifacts from the globes, upgraded some artifacts, got all the talisman sets and still have some in reserve to sell.. 

It's a gamble, sometimes you get rubbish things in your globes.. sometimes you don't. Numbers are your friends, I can open 10 globes and win the mask (yay, love the mask) or I can open 50 globes and get enough lucky to sink the unluckiest ship in the world (anyone want to buy like.. 600  sips of lucky?) and that's why I like them, it's a gamble, and it can sometimes go awesomely, and sometimes make you totally regret buying them. 

If you want a sure thing, then find someone like me who will give you a bunch of guaranteed credits in return for you buying them globes, more credits than you would get for the same rl cash. If you want to risk it all, open the globes and smile, and grumble when you get junk but open some more. 

Yes, I have 60 off boxes of parts and 600 sips of lucky, but I have had a lot of fun and seeing as I started off with 500 credits.. I've come out ahead. 
    If it's not for you, then don't do it. 

• Also echoing that this promo has been great for me.

I got a solid couple thousand credits worth of items for way way cheaper than if I was buying them straight.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Decided to buy a couple to see if I could make any gold to buy equipment with since everything of mine had recently decayed. Was pretty disappointing.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a glazed, runic vial.
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 765 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 19 ginseng roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden box of parts.
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3690 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 35 ginseng roots, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

I'm not even sure how much the box will sale for, probably not much?

To make it worse, not five seconds later:

The special globe prize has been claimed!

I'm not even sure what to call this emotion.
  • Hirgrim said:
    Gambling. It is called gambling.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Hirgrim said:
    Well, I got a vial with 20 sips of 'elixer of the lucky'. Someone up there apparently has a sense of humor.
  • Hirgrim said:
    Atalkez said:
    Hirgrim said:
    Well, I got a vial with 20 sips of 'elixer of the lucky'. Someone up there apparently has a sense of humor.
    You can probably get a credit per sip from the right buyer.

• Trey said:
    Hirgrim said:
    Atalkez said:
    Hirgrim said:
    Lol
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Asmodron said:
    Trey said:
    Hirgrim said:
    Atalkez said:
    Hirgrim said:
    Lol
    It'll take you 15 IG years, but you can get 1cr per sip.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Asmodron said:
    Trey said:
    Hirgrim said:
    Atalkez said:
    Hirgrim said:
    Lol
    It'll take you 15 IG years, but you can get 1cr per sip.
    Bitch please, I unloaded almost 400 sips at that rate in one go!

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I paid 40-some-odd credits for like 80 sips.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • The market is beyond flooded with lucky right now and people are still trying to get 1cr per sip, some people even trying to get 10k. You might get rid of a little at that price but there are several people with 500+ sips. Good luck! 

• It's basically like this:

A crate can give you: Upgrade credits - Cache - Artefact discount (25 cr) - Lucky sips - Death talismans - Animal Crate - Cart Crate - 10 to 25 credits (?) - Artefact.

There is also on those rare occassions for that special award, which only happens every 50 globes purchased.

The way a market works is supply and demand. Currently, there is a surplus of items, items players thought they could sell to make some actual credits, rather than have to keep some random pet or wooden carts. With the large amount of items available, the price has staggeringly dropped to be not even worth it.

With that said, let's look at these awards.

Upgrade Credits: Only for upgrade, require you to have an artefact that you want upgrading. A 'must pay more' marketting concept.

Artefact discount: 25 credits to buy a game artefact, must have multiple to try and get something for free. May be used with a purchase to cover some of the cost. Also a 'must pay more' marketing concept.

Lucky sips: Once of value, now available in scads. No longer of much market value.

Crate of wood parts: Makes a cart that you can sell things from. Temporary, lasts 7 days. People are walking around with 20+ of these, and those are the people that dont even care for them, let alone merchants.

Cache: Used to make random talisman pieces. Chance to get lucky and get a rare piece, bigger chance not to. Even -if- you got a rare piece, with the surplus of death pieces that drowned the market, the value of said rare piece is much lower. The same can be said for other pieces.

Crate: Perhaps once of value, now barely even that. People have animals they are trying to just get rid of. Open up those farms.

Death Talisman pieces: Check Cache

Credits: A globe is considered $5 in purchase, which is 10 credits. It is however considered 25 credits in game trade. So either spend actual cash and make a possible difference or take a huge gamble and see what you get (likely nothing at this point).

Artefact: The lowest chance to get. If you get this, then well done! Dont count on it though. The artefact is roughly in the 300-500 range.

So, of all these, at this point if you want to make a real profit you'll need the Artefact, which is the lowest percent chance.
    @Asmodron The caches easily pay for the globes, and they're by far the most common reward.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I have made a huge amount of profit off globes compared to a regular credit purchase, plus they're more fun. Dunno what Asmodron is experiencing but I've heard a lot more positive experiences than negative 
  • Opened 15 globes, got some key talisman pieces. Then I sold globes to people at 30-35cr each. $165 for 1485cr. Not a bad haul.

• bought 15 yesterday.. first opened was a hunters belt. The rest were pretty damned good too!

• I wouldnt mind if a trade-in value could be given for animal crates (at least dead ones) and perhaps cart crates. I could see cart crates trading for 10 credits. Animal crates is a bit tricky, make it too low and you'll undervalue them but too high is out of the question. I can see them at 30-50 credits or so.
  • Asmodron said:
    I wouldnt mind if a trade-in value could be given for animal crates (at least dead ones) and perhaps cart crates. I could see cart crates trading for 10 credits. Animal crates is a bit tricky, make it too low and you'll undervalue them but too high is out of the question. I can see them at 30-50 credits or so.
    That would be nice, as it stands, crates go for about 5k in gold because there are a lot of them and they tend to last for so little a time that it's not often worth it. I use carts a lot, but only because I have so many of them, it makes it worth it if I claim a good spot like Nont to sell non decaying things (herbs) but their use is limited. A trade in value would probably only be about 5, maybe 7.. then it's a credit a day. 

Asmodron said:
    I wouldnt mind if a trade-in value could be given for animal crates (at least dead ones) and perhaps cart crates. I could see cart crates trading for 10 credits. Animal crates is a bit tricky, make it too low and you'll undervalue them but too high is out of the question. I can see them at 30-50 credits or so.
    If collared and badged legendary mounts trade in at 33cr, you're not getting 30-50 for minipets.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm waiting on the globe promo with caches for any set you want.

Robes of the Grand magi pls

• edited June 2016
    Opened 20. No caches. Maybe 150-200cr. And a lyre...

Winning.

ETA: Forgot Artefact vial and pack. Which are nice.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• How often does that big prize happen? Been waiting for about a week now. Or does it only come by during USA playtime?
  • Bleak said:
    How often does that big prize happen? Been waiting for about a week now. Or does it only come by during USA playtime?
    I got mind during the GMT day (completely fluked it - I didn't see the message before buying)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Bleak said:
    How often does that big prize happen? Been waiting for about a week now. Or does it only come by during USA playtime?
    IIRC it's not based on a fixed timetable, but it's not completely random. I think I remember someone saying that it was based on landmarks of globes either opened or sold, not sure which. Want to find out? Buy a bunch of globes!