Some tweeks to market and ads

Hey everyone. So especially when new talismans come out, the market gets suddenly repeatedly flooded with requests, frequently by the same person repeatedly. While IGNORE is an option, I really don't like doing that as its a bit OOC. I wanted to poll you guys on how would you feel about a frequency limit for the market licence say 1/10 minutes or something like that. They could still buy additional use of the market as per normal.

On a tangential note,  I do find that the duration of ads to be way too short for me. If we could have longer duration for a premium or the option to renew an ad when it expires, would be of great interest to me.

Anyways, discuss.

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    There's always MARKETOFF.

And its not just people with a market license who spam. I know I do when I really want something. You can either ignore market, or sell me what I want :tongue:

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• If you're not interested in what's happening on Market, just turn the channel off. I'd rather have an active Market channel that people are using to buy and sell things than the regular situation where nobody is using it.
  • I like it being super active, it gives the impression of a lively economy

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I don't think I've encountered anyone using the market more than 1/15 minutes or so even at their most frequent tbh. I know I keep my ads to 1/30 minutes (used to be 45 but I put in more ads to make it less repetitive)

The only time I saw anyone spamming was Laytron doing 1/30 seconds to tease someone apparently.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Skye said:
    I don't think I've encountered anyone using the market more than 1/15 minutes or so even at their most frequent tbh. I know I keep my ads to 1/30 minutes (used to be 45 but I put in more ads to make it less repetitive)

The only time I saw anyone spamming was Laytron doing 1/30 seconds to tease someone apparently.
    You forgot that fxer that keeps auctioning things on the market channel.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If you have a chat box you can alter it so market has its own tab, and you just look at it when you feel like it.

Or look to other IRE games for inspiration. For example, Imperian has a promo market with gold and credit options for payment. Pretty much anything that comes from a promo can  be sold on it. However, our playerbase is so much bigger in comparison, it may not be a great idea. The talisman market itself can get very large with the less popular talisman pieces. Also, there'll always be the rarer promotional items that'll seldom get placed on a market like that because people will still want to auction them off for the best offer they can get.

When I played Aetolia (this was quite a while ago), their promos had things that were similar to the talismans here but you could sell them in shops for gold if you wanted to instead of having to use a talisman market.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I'd be happy if there was a way to ignore someone only on market. Just for those who are constantly on the channel and tend to be annoying. Turning off the channel really isn't an option if you want to keep it on in order to catch deals on items you'd be interested in.

I guess it could be done client-side fairly easily, though.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Gagging people's ads client-side is super useful for when you've seen their ad and know there is nothing there you want. 
  • @Grandue thanks, gave me a solution. Most of the time its people I wouldn't do business with anyways.