Surnames

Comments

• Xith said:
    Rovelda said:
    Do you both, Xith and Shahai, remember who you are family with?:

Tom Marvolo Riddle (31 December1926[9] – 2 May1998), later known as Lord Voldemort, was a half-blood wizard and considered to be the most powerful Dark Wizard of all time. He was the son of wealthy Muggle Tom Riddle Sr., and witch Merope Gaunt, who died shortly after childbirth

You got me. I'm the Half-Blood Jester. And the most powerful Dork Wizard of all time.
    :P
  • The Ze'Dekiah name has flair. And Flair. (I love puns.)
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • I love de Rothschild.

And I wish I were a de Rothschild OOC.
  • edited December 2012
    Rean and Arionna started Moliuvia, think I butchered some other language up for it. Earionduil got adopted as a brother, think he helped me reinforce the idea of Moliuvia being an Ashtani surname primarily for warriors, etc.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Rean said:
    Rean and Arionna started Moliuvia, think I butchered some other language up for it. Earionduil got adopted as a brother, think he helped me reinforce the idea of Moliuvia being an Ashtani surname primarily for warriors, etc.
    I think you have succeeded, whenever I see a Moliuvia I assume the can fight.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    When I think Ashtani combat over the past IC century, Rozzan and Moliuvia are the first surnames that come to mind. Politics, Lucoster, Rozzan, Sar'vet, and (at risk of sounding conceited) Viatrix. Furthermore, you can definitely associate surnames with Houses in Ashtan - Sly, Moliuvia, Lucoster tend to be largely Warlocks or Shadowsnakes. Rozzan, Viatrix, Eruu'Yul, and Ze'Dekiah are almost exclusively Occultists and Nihilists. The Ashtani Corten line seems to have settled in the Ashura. A lot of RP could be done with that, internally ... but, it's Ashtan, so you know how likely that is to happen. ;)
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • I didn't origionally think much of Xanatov, but it's grown on me. Katz was origionally Xanatov-Jinx, but since the only Jinx's she's met are Cyrenian other than her Hashani father, and she's pretty much turned her back on that side of her family, or never got to know them in the first place, she goes solely by Xanatov. Not that she's particularly impressed with a lot of them though lately, mostly the Hashani ones, as most of them are Hashani or Mhaldorian these days. It's worth putting up with her mother/other family to have Nizaris and Kholm as brothers though, and to be related to Knights like Vasool and Vadimuses.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    @Katzchen, oh come now Kitten, you and Koty are a perfect match :P
  • Jiraishin said:
    Vastel is the best.
    Speaks the truth.

• @Vayne Haha, it would be awesome if all of them could. 

@Amunet Aw! Yeah, I noticed that too. Any time I see someone with Viatrix / Eruu'Yul / Ze'Dekiah I generally assume they are awesome people to try to interact with (even if I don't follow through often enough).
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    @Rean: It's hard to pronounce. :((((
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• @Sherazad: :D It's easy, and sort of fun to say. Mow-lew-vee-uh. This reminds me of that epic thread about name pronunciations (okay, I will admit like three years later, I did mean Rean to sound like Bean, but Rain would have been a much better choice. Cannot be fixed!)
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    @Rean, I always pronounced it Molly-ooh-vee-ah. And will probably continue to do so!
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • That's adorable, you win. Pronounce it how you like, that was just my way. :D 
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Sigge said:
    Whatever happened to the Alexandrians? I thought they were one of those big Cyrenian families?
    The Alexandrians are cut down to Daslin, Tarkor, Brekahn, and a smattering of others. Quite sad, really. Lemme think a minute and I'll figure who we've got still.

Tarkor.
    Brekahn.
    Daslin.
    Perl.
    Beorji.
    Snaugh.
    few others, when they all wake up. Fun times.
  • It's been so log since I've seen one I can't even remember what the Alexandrians were/are all about. I know they have a House out of the Subs if I remember correctly, I always wanted to see it...
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Lol there is one, but it's family members only, as Ozfingwe isn't around and we're careful blah blah blah. You know, family things
  • edited December 2012
    redacted.
  • Sorta have a family name, but sorta not. It feels like a 'cool story bro' type thing, I guess I won't put it here, though I will point out Soujirou (where is that man?) and Vayne's awesome-ness with the alliteration back in the day. I still get random tells about it and it kind of stuck!

And @Vayne an IRL past royal family. Really? ...Eh, forget I asked, could be a worse name, I suppose. 

What's worse than having bad surnames is bad first names, but I'll rant about that elsewhere.

• edited December 2012

Amunet said:
    When I think Ashtani combat over the past IC century, Rozzan and Moliuvia are the first surnames that come to mind. Politics, Lucoster, Rozzan, Sar'vet, and (at risk of sounding conceited) Viatrix. Furthermore, you can definitely associate surnames with Houses in Ashtan - Sly, Moliuvia, Lucoster tend to be largely Warlocks or Shadowsnakes. Rozzan, Viatrix, Eruu'Yul, and Ze'Dekiah are almost exclusively Occultists and Nihilists. The Ashtani Corten line seems to have settled in the Ashura. A lot of RP could be done with that, internally ... but, it's Ashtan, so you know how likely that is to happen. ;)

Oh how quick the young forget Ikari the greatest of them all.
  • Op'Shae is probably the only reason I've made it this far, without them I wouldn't have ever stayed around 10 years ago. I'm probably as attached to the name OOCly as I am ICly, at this point.

Now if only more were around from back then :(

• OOCly, I think Stormcrow-Xanatov is pretty silly, but Fav is too attached to his family to even think about changing it. Plus it's in two Events posts, so it's pretty much got to stay!

I always admired Stratallis, de Soulis, Windsong and Winterhawk.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Longshanks, half of Eleusis carries that one.

And yes, I do find the underscore in Zuiho_sho jarring. Can't someone start a trend of making it an apostrophe?
  • I totally adore Cree and Caleth, and they're like my great (x3?) grandparents IG. I was never fond of some of the Le'Murzens, so I decided to stick with Cholla'Yi, hoping to bring that around again.
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Xanatov was started I think by @Mayapple, @Vasool and @Vadimuses (I may be completely wrong, so one of you can correct me!) 

Drakes- meh

(... I think I'm related to half of Hashan already *twitch*)

Alt... um De'Arc, Lionblazes, Tyr'acel... Moonflair I think too. 
    meh

• Trilliana said:
    Xanatov was started I think by @Mayapple, @Vasool and @Vadimuses (I may be completely wrong, so one of you can correct me!) 

Mayapple's a sweetheart.  It's a shame she's one of those leprous, diseased Xorani.  RIP Mayapple.
  • Wanted something Germanic to go with Ginmund. Chose Biehl. That's it.