Midwest meet

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

I don't really dress up unless it's for fun pictures.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Averi will be disappointed if you don't also do that amazing chest hair.
  • Shouldn't be too hard. I'm pretty hairy irl anyway.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • I giggled so hard. I'm going to have to get him into a dress again. 

I keep saying I want to dress up but I'm not going to buy something cheap, or, apparently without leather, which is not ideal for Michigan's summer. No dresses for me!

As fair as the renfest goes, it's ridiculously fun! Getting there early is ideal so you can fit in all the worthwhile shows. There's a lot of stuff for kids, but we don't go to those shows because they don't have inappropriate jokes. 

There's a lot of camping sites nearby, but I'm not really sure how those are, since we just drive home he drives home and I nap. 
  • We've got time, @Lachlan, dress up! It's such a thing now that you can fairly happily pick individual pieces from all over the place and put them together to create the look that you want. (Adding a nicely shaped vest/bodice to some mens trousers/hose and boots can be a really interesting mix.) I'm pondering surcoats and heraldry.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    So... I'll go ahead and throw my hotel discount out there..

Let me know if you use it... you need a voucher. It's up to 40%off rack rate

http://www.wyndhamhotelgroup.com/?corporate_id=1000009153

• Haha, speaking of dresses anyone got that cowboy picture from Ceder Point saved somewhere?

I have undressed a god.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    PM'ed you!
  • Thank you!

I have undressed a god.

• It is indelibly burned upon our souls.
    I can't help that I'm the prettiest princess.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • You're gods darned right.

I have undressed a god.

• Most of you probably don't know us, but Talea and I live about 3 hours from there and she's always wanted to go to a ren fair, so if it's cool with you guys we could come to the meetup and say hi!
    Of course. The more the merrier!
    So I've never had people use my discount...I get nothing from it just want to help team achaea

• I checked it out and it does look like there's a few hotels within 15 miles of Holly that would fall under the discount!
  • Averi said:
    If I do, I'm coming as this guy - complete with the moustache and everything.

Also, @Herenicus, you should come too.
    ello, my name is T'challa, you killed my father, prepare to die.
    Lachlan said:
    I checked it out and it does look like there's a few hotels within 15 miles of Holly that would fall under the discount!
    I used it when I went to san Fran. Got a room for 60 bucks a night a few blocks from union square. My flight cost more.

Using it when I go to nyc also. It'sdecent if they have availability :)

• Lachlan said:
    I checked it out and it does look like there's a few hotels within 15 miles of Holly that would fall under the discount!

Only thing I'll say is south is better than north.  You don't want to go near Flint.
  • Czanthria said:
    Lachlan said:

Only thing I'll say is south is better than north.  You don't want to go near Flint.
    Why not? The water's pretty great this time of year, I hear
    edited June 2016
    Lol It's not even the water.

People think Detroit is bad until they visit Flint.
  • Aegoth said:
    Czanthria said:
    Lachlan said:

Why not? The water's pretty great this time of year, I hear
    Note Jonathin's post, just above :)
  • I'll be in MI 20 July-25 July. I'm sad our timelines did not line up.  End of Fiscal Year is a 3 month period that it's hard for me to get off work. 

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    What's this about a midwest meet? I just drove out of the Okie oil and fell into Iowa corn for the time being if anyone could dig me out.

It's not eastern, it's not a heartland state and I'm sure as hell not going to call it an Ohio Valley state (because Ohio), so Midwest it is.
  • To someone who lives in Colorado or California... Etc... You are SO east. Just cause it's not New England doesn't mean it's not east of the middle of the USA. Hah it will forever be considered the Midwest but I don't get it!

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Might as well call it eastern midwest meet cuz that's far east even to me while I'm in Iowa. 9 hrs away....

I guess we could call it the (only ones that matter) great lakes meet