GTA V Online

After doing a quick search, I realized this didn't have its own thread. Anyone still playing GTA online? I'm on ps3, and I'm looking to possibly hook up with some people to do some heists or w/e.

Comments

• Ps4, I'm down but not sure if the servers will link up. Rispok on PSN
  • They don't. All the consoles/pc have separate servers.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I'm on PC and Xbox 360. 

• 360 checking in. There seems to be a lot of hacking/abuse going on. Willing to link up and play though 
  • I ran into a lot of modders today, but it's generally hit or miss. If they kill me, I just go to invite-only lobbies to do stuff. It's plenty of fun if you have friends to mess around with. I do recommend you guys do the first heist. Be sure to use the money to save towards an armored kuruma. That thing is -amazing- for doing missions and the later heists. It's also good in general free mode. A lot of pkers won't bother if you are in the kuruma. It's too much work to kill you out of it. Just be sure to get the armored one.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    If I see an armoured kurama, I use sticky grenades or the missile launcher.  

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Kazu said:
    After doing a quick search, I realized this didn't have its own thread. Anyone still playing GTA online? I'm on ps3, and I'm looking to possibly hook up with some people to do some heists or w/e.
    Yes, PS4. Would love to have folks to do heists and contact missions. (And other acts of general mayhem).

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I still play this on PC. Latest DLC dropped, but really there's a big issue with modders that R* apparently can't get a handle on. Pretty annoying and disappointing that they've effectively let people wreak havoc over their own game. Either way, playing in closed crew/friend sessions is still pretty fun, so if anyone is up for shenanigans, let me know. @UNST3RBLICH on Social Club.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    @kresslack
    GTA shenanigans is always fun! I play it on pc but I'm too far from it for the week. 

PS4 here, ready to put in work on heists and CEO jobs!

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Would be awesome to get us all on one system. I made the Grand Merchants Collective in GTA V. 

I'd really like if they made this cross-compatible like they've done with Rocket League.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Yeah, that's why I like FFXIV though that has the drawback of all the servers.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I have GTA V on Xbox One now. Does anyone else have it? Hoping to get others into the Merchants Collective that i have set up. 

Amanu said:
    I have GTA V on Xbox One now. Does anyone else have it? Hoping to get others into the Merchants Collective that i have set up. 
    PS4 :(
    (if anyone has PS4, I gots some shady biker and CEO businesses set up!)

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I have PS4 but no GTA V on it yet. I may get it soon. 

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    And now I wait...

• I'll join a PS4 group. Handle is Rispok. I'll have free time to play in about a week once finals are over.
    My PC group:

Threw together a quick promo video for the crew I play with. Rockstar Editor is a pretty nifty little tool.

• I've started playing finally, and would like to do some missions if anyone has PS4. I'm a quite competent driver and tolerable armsman.
    Rispok said:
    I've started playing finally, and would like to do some missions if anyone has PS4. I'm a quite competent driver and tolerable armsman.
    PSN: Nutduffel 

Ready to do some Import/Export, but would love some MC, CEO, heists, or just other shenanigans. Usually on 9pm PST.

• I have accumulated some money, about half a mil, and I'm wondering what I should get. MC clubhouse, executive offices, or high-end apartment? Which one lets me generate money more quickly in order to purchase the other two? Also, more PSN people should join. @Hyperlith and I played a bit tonight and it was cool. He has a limo with a turret...
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Rispok said:
    I have accumulated some money, about half a mil, and I'm wondering what I should get. MC clubhouse, executive offices, or high-end apartment? Which one lets me generate money more quickly in order to purchase the other two? Also, more PSN people should join. @Hyperlith and I played a bit tonight and it was cool. He has a limo with a turret...
    I have it also but I'm never awake when @Hyperlith is. 

The MC clubhouse doesn't generate money, it's just the businesses that become available for purchase after you get the Clubhouse that do. Those, however, can be very costly to start up though they'll pay for themselves very quickly.

With half a mil to spend, here are a couple of options based on if you're going solo or have at least 4 people:

Solo:

If you're mostly running solo, you can get the executive office and run the Headhunter and Sightseer CEO missions back to back for roughly $25k per completion. They take anywhere from 5-13 mins each to complete, and there are cooldowns between. However, if you start Headhunter, complete it, then wait the 5 min cooldown and do Sightseer, by the time you finish that, Headhunter should be ready to run again immediately. This lets you grind them out back to back, which can be done easily enough solo with a Buzzard.

Group:

Another option, if you have people to play with, is to get any apartment with a heist planning room and do heists. I don't recommend doing these with randoms because you'll probably be pulling your hair out before long.

If you've three other people you know or are willing to learn how to do the heists proficiently with, this will pay off in the long run.

You can do the Criminal Mastermind challenge and get about 12 million (with the Loyalty and All In Order Bonuses). This requires the same four players to complete all heists, in order, on hard, without anyone dying. You can fail the missions and redo them as many times as you need, but if anyone dies you have to start all over from the first heist.

This is a one time thing, but well worth it.

Long term, once you've about $3-$5 mil saved up, you can look into setting up one of the MC businesses. In order of startup expense and profitability they go Cocaine Lockup > Meth Lab > Counterfeit Cash > Weed Farm > Document Forgery.

Each of these come with three available upgrades: Staff, Equipment, and Security. Staff increases the speed of production, equipment I believe increases either the quality or amount, and security helps reduce the risk of getting raided by cops or rival (NPC) organisations.

A fully upgraded Cocaine Lockup selling a full load of product in the opposite county nets about $420k per sale, or half that in the county your business operates in. Production happens as long as your online and takes roughly 3 hours to fully complete. With three businesses, you can easily pull in over a mil a day.

There's a trick some people use where if you're in your apartment, clubhouse, office, etc and are watching the TV, it won't kick you for being idle, so you can step away or do whatever else and still have your businesses producing.

With the most recent DLC, you can by a car warehouse for a little over a million. After that, you can Source high end vehicles in the area to steal, Gone in 60 Seconds style. Get them back to your warehouse and you can sell them for various amounts based on the modifications made to them (so as to render them unrecognizable from the original vehicle).

At the highest modification investment, which is $20k, you can sell most of them for $100k, so that's $80 profit in a relatively short amount of time and with no cost involved to actually source the vehicle. So if you go to steal it and it gets blown up or whatever, you've wasted nothing but a couple of minutes and can immediately go source another one.

I'm rambling at this point, but yeah that's pretty much the rundown without going into -too- much detail.

TL;DR:

If you're playing by yourself and want to make money fast, grind Sightseer and Headhunter CEO missions back to back. If you have 3 other people you can trust, do Heists and maybe go for Criminal Mastermind challenge.

Kresslack said:
    TL;DR:

If you're playing by yourself and want to make money fast, grind Sightseer and Headhunter CEO missions back to back. If you have 3 other people you can trust, do Heists and maybe go for Criminal Mastermind challenge.

This for the most part -- my grinding also was doing little things like selling Gallivanters at 9k a pop, robbing stores, doing contact missions, and I really enjoyed the stunt races. If you find an adversary mode you enjoy, try doing it when it's double RP and $$ -- it adds up. When stunt races came out, I did the them 2-3 hours a day and got a lot of money, even just doing them alone.

Try like the dickens to do the daily objectives. Those are 25k a day, 100k after 7 days in a row, and 500k for doing it 30 days in a row (and a platinum unlock). Each time you hit the milestones, get the reward (so each time you hit 7 days consecutive, you get 100k more).

@Kresslack is dead on for the pro-tips on what makes money, but if you can, I recommend waiting until R* discounts them again (unfortunately, offices just finished their 50% off). When the Buzzard and the Armored Kurama are discounted, those are must-haves. 

Also, you can fidget with the network settings on your PS4 and set the MTU to 800. From what I understand it basically limits the packets your PS4 will send/receive, which splinters you away from other online lobbies, putting you in an online lobby on your own. The benefit is you'll be able to run CEO crate missions and MC supply stealing, and sales without anyone bothering you. Nothing to worry about now until you're ready to do that (buying an office, an MC clubhouse with a business).

If you haven't already, I can help you finish the Fleeca heist, which is a cool 175k for pretty easy work.

Amanu said:
    Rispok said:
    I have accumulated some money, about half a mil, and I'm wondering what I should get. MC clubhouse, executive offices, or high-end apartment? Which one lets me generate money more quickly in order to purchase the other two? Also, more PSN people should join. @Hyperlith and I played a bit tonight and it was cool. He has a limo with a turret...
    I have it also but I'm never awake when @Hyperlith is. 
    I sorry :(

Not much time right now, but I'll have more in January. I'm salivating that we could be 3/4 from running heists like a champ. 

If you get into the Import/Export DLC as well, there are certain cars that are part of Collections which, when sold together, net an extra $20k-$50k bonus on top of the commission amount. 

• Working on getting the $3m I need to buy a buzzard and CEO office... and I'm still at ~500k. There has got to be a better way, i.e. MC club?
    Not really. Your next best option would be trying to run heists, but doing that with randoms can be iffy. The MC side requires multiple people to do anything.